PDA

View Full Version : hello folks

conner
31-05-2006, 12:16 PM
hiya all, i have been browsing this forum for quite some time in my search for a monster when it occured to me that i might be better registering and putting out word. just getting my uk licence now and got my heart set on a monster upwards of 800cc. something clean and tidy, dont mind the trimmings at this stage. any body out there willing to part with theirs...?

lord vader
31-05-2006, 12:22 PM
Hiya conner, welcome.
Jump to the for sale thread and you will find a few indiots who think its a good idea to part with their Monsters:banghead:
Welcome to the site and what ever monster you get remember the only colour to choose is NO Colour.

Vader

hammy
31-05-2006, 01:08 PM
Hello Conner

Don't think you're getting your hands on mine, but you've made one hell of a choice! Like Lord Vader says, there's plenty of muppets out there willing to sell!

Good Luck
Hammy

Pugi
31-05-2006, 01:58 PM
Hi conner and welcome.
Many for sale as mentioned, but the prices seem too high at some places. Must be spring. Look carefuly before parting with your hard earned.

Kato
31-05-2006, 02:44 PM
"Oh boy" have you chosen a bad time of year to try and buy any bike forget a monnie........:banghead:

conner
01-06-2006, 12:39 PM
yeah i know it but i guess when you gotta do it when you make your mind up. there's a nice looking 900 on ebay at the mo with about 8500 miles, any ideas as to how much i should spend. vader will be happy. its black

nik_the_brief
01-06-2006, 12:45 PM
Hi mate - check out Bobob's thread "What to buy".

There's a link to a very nice M900 which is in the for sale thread in my post. Before you ask I'm not getting or even looking for any commission from Woody. It's the proper Ducati colour too!!

conner
01-06-2006, 01:11 PM
yeah i had a look at it. how do they go when they have that many miles on the clock. also i heard in 2001 they fuel injected the monster giving it quite the edge over the older ones.

lord vader
01-06-2006, 01:23 PM
Whats yer bugdet?
you could pick up scrappy tat for under a grand if you look all the way up to the blingiest spankyest metal on the block.
As a guide my 2001 M750 Dark with a few Mods and only 7K on the clock is worth roughly £2500, + the £300 dark surcharge for being the best Colour choice by far.
if you could go to £3000 you could get some very nice used metal indeed, £3500 and your into dealer teritory with the added bonus of warranty etc.

Whats that coming over the hill?
Is it a Monster?
Is it a MONSTEEEEEEERRRR?????

Chaos Inc.
01-06-2006, 01:47 PM
Whats yer bugdet?
you could pick up scrappy tat for under a grand if you look all the way up to the blingiest spankyest metal on the block.
As a guide my 2001 M750 Dark with a few Mods and only 7K on the clock is worth roughly £2500, + the £300 dark surcharge for being the best Colour choice by far.
if you could go to £3000 you could get some very nice used metal indeed, £3500 and your into dealer teritory with the added bonus of warranty etc.

Is it a Monster?
yep welcome and I agree you could pay a bit more for a coloured version. This is a surcharge added as punishment for not choosing the only colour, the Dark :mand:

Pugi
01-06-2006, 01:51 PM
Is it a Monster?

I thought your anthem was 'Fear of the Dark'?

Bodybag
01-06-2006, 02:34 PM
yep welcome and I agree you could pay a bit more for a coloured version. This is a surcharge added as punishment for not choosing the only colour, the Dark :mand:

I think you'll find you pay more for colour models because they don't come with bargain basement bits. :eek: :mand:

Fight fight fight fight fight!

Chaos Inc.
01-06-2006, 03:51 PM
I thought your anthem was 'Fear of the Dark'?

You put one preposition too many in that statement.

conner
01-06-2006, 04:22 PM
yep looking at going up to around 3k. have seen some nice bikes, s4s and a couple of ies go for about 3100-3200. cant be far off before all i need is some sunshine... you guys get any in this country or is my monster just going to be an expensive ornament?

lord vader
01-06-2006, 04:42 PM
But a thing of beauty!