PDA

View Full Version : ... I'm bobob.. :)

bobob
30-05-2006, 01:19 AM
Feel like I should formally introduce myself after you have been good enough to help me find a monster an all :)

I am from sunny (yeah right) Cambridge but am living down in London at he mo.... have been riding since I was 8 on scramblers and silly peds in the fields... have never been without a bike and turned to the dark side of ducatis whilst living in Lucca, Tuscany 4 years ago. Moved back last year with the 748 but had to sell her to live..... sucks ay.... now looking for a monster which I have allways lusted after..... have a thread on here about that too.......

Anyway..... sorry for the novel, just wanted to say 'hello' officially :)

eonan
30-05-2006, 07:12 AM
Hello mate, and welcome to the forum :mand:

I found the UKMOC in much the same way...I'd seen a couple of Monsters and needed opinions as to whether they were worth going for or not...never looked back since. It's a great bike, and a great forum :thumbsup:

So you had a 748? Oooh...this is the second bike I lust after, and dearly hope by Christmas to have found the right one to keep the Monster company.

Anyway, welcome and look forward to seeing you around.

benson
30-05-2006, 07:22 AM
Hey Bobob - happy shopping for the bike!

I'm Benson - the London and Essex rep - good to meet you - :mand:

Where abouts in London are you? There's a few meets on the next few weeknds - Garden of England Show at the Kent Hopfarm and this weekend if the weather's good I'll be heading to Oakdene cafe for brekkie to meet up with the Kenties - let me know if you fancy coming along if you've got the monster by then!

Happy hunting,

Benson (Rachel)

Chappers
30-05-2006, 07:55 AM
Welcome Bobob and hopefully see ya at some local meets :mand:

Nonnie
30-05-2006, 08:09 AM
Hello! Or you could make it as far as the sticky out bit over here and tell us tales of Italy. We like tales of Italy. Only thing that keeps us going hoping one day we'll be back there in the sunshine rather than here in the marshes.

Oh I'm dissing Norfolk which I don't mean to, it's very beautiful here and has some fab roads but frankly, Norwich or Naples? Flordon or Florence? Um..

Ah yes and the Morris Dancing thing? Is it real or ironic? I don't mean to pose that question hypothetically.

bobob
30-05-2006, 11:41 AM
Thank you all for your greetings... I'm chuffed to bits to of found the site, its proved very very useful indeed, in fact, if it wasnt for you guys I would be sitting here now with an overpriced, unserviced and slightly tatty monster, so thank you :)

Benson, nice to meet you too, am staying in Bromley untill November when I go off to oz for three months (I know, its a hard life ay...), but will return to Bromley after so will definately be meeting you guys, before and after hopefully! Got to find the bike first.

As for the 748....... it has to be the best handling bike I have ever had the pleasure to ride... just awsome and sooo confidence inspiring, was very sad to see it go.

Coming from Cambridge I know all about the marshland that it Norfolk, its a fab place but as you say..... not quite Italy :mand: I miss Italy too now that I have returned.... maybe I'll go back one day though.... who knows what tomorrow brings (nearly burst into a song there!!).

bobob
30-05-2006, 11:53 AM
oh the morris dancing bit, well... I don't want to upset the morris dancing community as they do a very good job at entertaining us... but yeah, I was being daft ;)

These guys were at the Reach Fair a few weeks ago, didn't know whether to laugh or cry :)

Pugi
30-05-2006, 11:56 AM
Welcome Bobob.
Don't give up, somewhere out there is a bike waiting for you. :D

bobob
30-05-2006, 01:03 PM
Thanks Pugi, and thanks for the input on my search thread... much appreciated :)

gary tompkins
30-05-2006, 01:12 PM
Welcome Bobob.
Don't give up, somewhere out there is a bike waiting for you. :D

Ditto to that ;)

bobob
30-05-2006, 03:13 PM
Cheers Gary :) Its getting close, I can feel it in my bones!!

Nonnie
30-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Hey Bobob,

Some very good friends are Morris Dancers but you're right, completely mad, totally. I can't get over it. But they do have great interesting parties and I'm not one to turn down a decent party.

bobob
30-05-2006, 03:53 PM
See... I knew it :) somebodys third uncles best friends brother is a morris dancer... and I've gone and offended them! heh heh! You said it Nonnie, totally bonkers but good harmless fun and sadly you don't see much of that these days :(

Nonnie
30-05-2006, 03:56 PM
Actually though, if you think about it, if they were easily offended they would nae be doing that!

bobob
30-05-2006, 07:18 PM
Hey nonnie how do you change the wording under your username? I appear to be the only one with registered user???

( I secretly envy them by the way ;) )

Lady-Bob
30-05-2006, 07:21 PM
Click on USER CP on the black bar at the top.

On the next screen choose EDIT PROFILE from the list on the left

Then scroll down until you see something like CUSTOMIZE TITLE and there should be a little section that you can type a message in.

Keep it short as it doesn't accept many characters and keep it clean!

Welcome from me and the Kent Section. :tgoe:

PS Which of the morris dancers is you then????

Lady-Bob
30-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Where abouts in London are you?

Benson... I thought bobob user info says she/he's from C-A-M-B-R-I-D-G-E ... did someone move that into London then?? :toilet:

bobob
30-05-2006, 10:33 PM
:banana:

I know I know... I used to live in Cambridge, and still kinda do... anyway its a long story but I spend most of my time in London so class that as my home now :) (I am from Cambridge though originally).

Not sure how to change my location either..... am I being a little thick? :confused:

bobob
30-05-2006, 10:35 PM
Oh btw... I'm a he :) 30, 6 foot 1, blonde, dashing (well..... it was nearly all right!). You can see how daft I look on my website www.barrells.net if you havent got anything more exciting to do.... like chew grit :)

bobob
30-05-2006, 10:40 PM
Also.... just to confuse things more, I am currently renting a house in Bromley so technically, I am in Kent :) heh heh....

Pugi
30-05-2006, 10:48 PM
Oh btw... I'm a he :) 30, 6 foot 1, blonde, dashing (well..... it was nearly all right!). You can see how daft I look on my website www.barrells.net if you havent got anything more exciting to do.... like chew grit :)

Nice page, and what a lovely girl in the photo area.
I like her....a lot.

bobob
30-05-2006, 11:01 PM
Which one Pugi?? there are so many heh heh!

bobob
30-05-2006, 11:13 PM
... aahhhhhh..... I know which one..... down boy, down :mand:

Nonnie
31-05-2006, 07:42 AM
Great Website. I feel like we are old friends already!

That was a good read, very interesting.

Oddly enough, I used to live in Shortlands. It's a lil titchy world.

Lady-Bob
31-05-2006, 11:29 AM
Also.... just to confuse things more, I am currently renting a house in Bromley so technically, I am in Kent :) heh heh....

Oooh SO CLOSE! :mand:

We going down the Oakdene for brekkie this Sunday if you fancy tagging along? .... Benson coming too.

Whereabouts in Bromley?????

Lady-Bob
31-05-2006, 11:33 AM
:banana:

I know I know... I used to live in Cambridge, and still kinda do... anyway its a long story but I spend most of my time in London so class that as my home now :) (I am from Cambridge though originally).

Not sure how to change my location either..... am I being a little thick? :confused:

Well technically, since your actually LIVING in Bromley, you should be one of my Kent Lot hun :bunny:

(Careful now.... we could get into a "Rep War" eh Benson!!!!?? :banghead: :chuckle: )

But PM Julie - she may be able to make the change for you.

bobob
31-05-2006, 11:41 AM
I'm starting to feel special ;) I don't mind who my rep is, you both sound nice :thumbsup:

I live down wanstead road off widmore road, do you know it then lady-bob?

Would love to come along but don't have the monster yet, only a italjet dragster scooter which I use for getting in and out town on, also its the Strawberry Fair in Cambridge this weekend so will be up there to get sloshed :)

As soon as I have found my monster I will most definately come and meet you folks..... as long as my website hasnt scared you off by then :mand:

Chappers
31-05-2006, 12:57 PM

What an excellent read - I'm sooo jealous of your travels.

bobob
31-05-2006, 07:00 PM
Cheers chappers.... I just have itchy feet... can't seem to be able to stay in one place for very long, am off to Australia in November to travel, hopefully will get to go to easter island and the states on the way back too :)

I really need to update the site, haven't touched it for a while.....

Lady-Bob
01-06-2006, 10:40 AM
I live down wanstead road off widmore road, do you know it then lady-bob?

I certainly know Widmore Road

daughter goes to the big school down Hayes Lane (Ravensbourne) I used to work at the top of London Road near the Mister Print on the corner.

I look forward to meeting you soon :mand:

nik_the_brief
01-06-2006, 11:32 AM
I certainly know Widmore Road

daughter goes to the big school down Hayes Lane (Ravensbourne) I used to work at the top of London Road near the Mister Print on the corner.

I look forward to meeting you soon :mand:

How long ago was it that you worked there Helen?

I've often spotted a Monnie on that corner (by Mr. Print) when riding (and occasionally I'm embarrassed to admit) driving up the Magistrates Court a couple of hundred yards from there. Didn't know it were yours.