PDA

View Full Version : clutch plates - suggestions

Shauns4
27-05-2006, 11:37 AM
The sinter plates I have fitted on my S4 will have to go, they are too aggressive for me. So what to replace them with?

I have an alloy basket fitted with hardened tang inserts, current thoughts are a Barnett or Surflex kit, Kevlar type with Aluminium plates however the hardness differential on the tangs may be too great so maybe I am better off with steel plates, this is the noisiest option buy may give the better overall life, hopefully the kevlar (or maybe carbon) is a little more forgiving than the sinter metal.

any ideas as here goes another £100+ ???

ps for sale 1 set of Sinter metal 2.5 mm plates, covered 1000 miles

Shaun

Rockhopper
27-05-2006, 12:00 PM
A set of genuine Ducati ST4S plates would be my choice. I'm using them with the stock steel basket and they have been fine for the last 15,000 miles or so.

SimonH
30-05-2006, 05:26 PM
I've fitted the genuine Ducati Surflex plates to my 748 and they are an improvement over the original sintered ones, quieter and a smoother take-up from a standing start.

Stuart sells them - and yes you're right, it's £100

Simon

Shauns4
30-05-2006, 07:47 PM
I've fitted the genuine Ducati Surflex plates to my 748 and they are an improvement over the original sintered ones, quieter and a smoother take-up from a standing start.

Stuart sells them - and yes you're right, it's £100

Simon

these are the ones that i will go for...

http://www.ducati-kaemna.de/cms_en/katalog.htm?&view=artikel&artikel=1099

Will try Spares Shack see if I get them a little cheaper.

Shaun

Sparky
31-05-2006, 11:43 AM
The sinter plates I have fitted on my S4 will have to go, they are too aggressive for me.

Did you remember to put at least one convcave/convex drive plate in the pack when you reassembled as this helps to give the clutch a more progressive bite.

Chris

Shauns4
31-05-2006, 05:07 PM
Did you remember to put at least one convcave/convex drive plate in the pack when you reassembled as this helps to give the clutch a more progressive bite.

Chris

Hi Chris,
Yes, tried 1 and 2 convex plates , differing pack thickness's, i think the sinter plates are just not for me.

Shaun