PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annual Donut Run - 1st July 2006

Lady-Bob
26-05-2006, 11:06 AM
Sadly Slob won't be there and I realise this makes for a busy weekend as we'll Hoon to Herne Bay the next day.... but the 2nd Annual Donut run has been on the events list for a while now and is coming up on 1st July.

All those who fancy coming along... let me know

Lady-Bob
Stewart
Benson

We have a record to beat. Over 30 donuts last year!

slob
26-05-2006, 11:22 AM
Sadly Slob won't be there and I realise this makes for a busy weekend as we'll Hoon to Herne Bay the next day.... but the 2nd Annual Donut run has been on the events list for a while now and is coming up on 1st July.

Lady-Bob
Stewart
Benson

We have a record to beat. Over 30 donuts last year!
Why not the weekend before?

Lady-Bob
30-05-2006, 07:15 PM
Fearless leader cannot make it that weekend..... camping with Girl Guides in East Grinstead :on:

slob
30-05-2006, 07:37 PM
Fearless leader cannot make it that weekend..... camping with Girl Guides in East Grinstead :on:
erm, sorry, trackday trumps girl-guides according to my rule book brown owl.

JamesH
30-05-2006, 09:17 PM
camping with Girl Guides in East Grinstead

Ooh can I come, I remember what camping next to the guides was like, lol;) . But the leaders always came to spoil the fun, and now I'm one of them, AAARRRGGGHHH.

Anyway, I'll be back from uni with a new shock and loud exhaust and if I'm not crewing for a mates supermoto team then I'll be up for some duffnuts.

James

Lady-Bob
31-05-2006, 10:22 AM
erm, sorry, trackday trumps girl-guides according to my rule book brown owl.

Good grief! You plebeian! I'm a GUIDE LEADER... not a Brownie Leader...... A lollypop for the first person to know what my title SHOULD be (keep it clean guys... keep it clean! :chuckle: )

And I'll give you a clue (as JamesH will vouch....) I'm NOT an archaelor! :banghead:

JamesH - It would be great to have you along for the Donut Run - we look forward to it.:bunny:

slob
31-05-2006, 12:44 PM
Good grief! You plebeian! I'm a GUIDE LEADER...
And I'll give you a clue (as JamesH will vouch....) I'm NOT an archaelor! :banghead:

do you mean Akela, Leader?

Lady-Bob
31-05-2006, 01:07 PM
do you mean Akela, Leader?

No idea how it's spelt it could be AaahKaylar for all I know!!!! :mand:

slob
31-05-2006, 05:52 PM
No idea how it's spelt it could be AaahKaylar for all I know!!!! :mand:
nope... definitely Akela. Ask Mr. Kipling.

Lady-Bob
02-06-2006, 10:52 PM
Still no guesses at my guiding title? .... aaah!

GULLY
19-06-2006, 10:01 PM
Hi guys
I am not working that weekend so i am up for that:mand:
have to pass on the donuts.
my waist is sliping :chuckle:

Gully:mand:

I hope we are meeting at the cafe :mand: :mand:

gary tompkins
19-06-2006, 10:48 PM
Sorry but I'll be in Wiltshire visiting my dad that weekend

Lady-Bob
20-06-2006, 08:55 AM
Sorry but I'll be in Wiltshire visiting my dad that weekend

Not still using him as fishing bait Gary?

Lady-Bob
20-06-2006, 08:57 AM

Lady-Bob
Stewart
Benson
Gully
Bumble (possibly)

MilesB
20-06-2006, 03:37 PM
Lady-Bob
Stewart
Benson
Gully
Bumble (possibly)
Miles
Susan

I suspect I'll be at the front again ;)

Lady-Bob
20-06-2006, 06:54 PM
I suspect I'll be at the front again ;)

It's not compulsory, but we will be stopping briefly at Pooh Corner for Pooh Sticks this time!

benson
20-06-2006, 07:20 PM
SO Lady Bob - your title??? Go on - I wanna know :-)
I thought you meant archaic - never was in the brownies or the guides - I think I was deemed to be too much trouble....

Lady-Bob
21-06-2006, 09:19 AM
I'm a captain.

Although the girls simply call me Bob :mand:

scrapps
21-06-2006, 09:40 AM
I will check my planner but sounds good to me:mand:

Lady-Bob
21-06-2006, 10:05 AM
I will check my planner but sounds good to me:mand:

Bring James! :mand:

JMo
21-06-2006, 02:31 PM
I can of course meet up with you once you get to Brighton, but if you let me know your route in, perhaps I can get a few Sussexites together and join you en route?

xxx

scrapps
21-06-2006, 02:35 PM
sorry Bob james not with me that weekend but i can take a few back for him..(then scoff them when your not looking ....):p

Lady-Bob
21-06-2006, 03:51 PM
sorry Bob james not with me that weekend but i can take a few back for him..(then scoff them when your not looking ....):p

That's a shame... I hope you tell him that we miss him when he's not able to come out?

I can of course meet up with you once you get to Brighton, but if you let me know your route in, perhaps I can get a few Sussexites together and join you en route?

Sounds great JMo. I'll get back to you regarding the route later. :flag:

MilesB
21-06-2006, 04:16 PM
It's not compulsory, but we will be stopping briefly at Pooh Corner for Pooh Sticks this time!
In that case I offer my services as Tail End Charlie :mand:

JamesH
22-06-2006, 05:57 PM
Sorry Bob and all, I've got a job at Wimbledon Tennis and so will not be able to join you on the run. Have fun.

JamesH

benson
22-06-2006, 06:02 PM
Hello dears - I have the bits for my Buell coming up from Southampton in a friend's car on the 1st so won't be able to join you for donuts after all - I'll be buying Steve a breakfast and being very nice to him!!!

Lady-Bob
23-06-2006, 12:57 PM
Lady-Bob
Stewart
White537
Gully
Bumble (possibly)
Miles
Susan
Scrapps

scrapps
23-06-2006, 01:05 PM
Hi Bob trying to change weekend with james so he can come. looks good so may be two ...:mand:
need to know meet points ect :o

Gadget
24-06-2006, 11:32 AM
I am not working. I should be there.

MilesB
26-06-2006, 07:54 AM
I'm a captain.
"I heard you call my Capting" (in Bluebottle voice :mand: )

What's the plan of campaign?

Meet at the Oakdene for a light brekkie first, the ride down cross country (via Hartfield) to a satisfying lunch of doughnuts on Brighton Pier ???

Meet points? Times?

We all wanna know...

Lady-Bob
27-06-2006, 07:46 AM
Strangely I haven't been able to get onto forum until now.... kept coming up PAGE NOT FOUND for the last 3 days.

Have White coming from Halstead in Narf Essex so need to look at a suitable meet point for him and I've lost Pooh Corner on the Map!

Will post up details later today.

And since it's a special day today... I reckon I might go out on the bike and enjoy myself first!

MilesB
27-06-2006, 09:09 AM
...and I've lost Pooh Corner on the Map!

Will post up details later today.
See - GPS is useless if you don't know where you are going :chuckle: :chuckle:

Pooh Corner - the Shop in Hartfield: TQ477355
Car Park for bridge (in the trees, not very secure (don't leave stuff on bikes) and possibly muddy-need a sidestand puck): TQ470331
Pooh Sticks Bridge is at TQ470339
Look at:
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=547000&Y=135000&width=700&height=400&gride=546369.713650924&gridn=134685.026559967&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db=freegaz&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&keepicon=true&zm=0&scale=25000&down.x=289&down.y=7
Ignore the red circle - The bridge is west of Posingford Farm, just above the 'P' in Pond bay... and unfortunately is a good half mile walk from the car park.

What would you do without me ? (he said modestly :p )

Miles

Lady-Bob
28-06-2006, 09:48 AM
What would you do without me ? (he said modestly :p )

Miles

I'd panic and no mistake!:eek:

Lady-Bob
28-06-2006, 10:13 AM
This start will be earlier than expected as I have (quite rightly) been reminded that there is an England v Portugal Match at approx 4pm kick-off on Sat afternoon.

So, I suggest the following .........
Leave Oakdene Café at 10am
Follow the A25 to Riverhead, Continue on A25 through Westerham to Brasted
Right turn up Toys Hill and then
Left onto the B2026, thru Hartfield,
Continue on B2026 to Pooh Sticks Corner. Walk from car park to Pooh Sticks Bridge (taking luggage if you have brought it) for a game or two of pooh sticks.

Continue along the B2026 to Maresfield & Fairwarp, to join the
A22 briefly, before turning right onto the
A272 to Newick, then turn left onto the
A275, through Chailey, to Cooksbridge.
B2166, to run to Westmeston, then up
Ditchling Beacon, south into Brighton, and head for the sea front, Pier, Pint & Donuts

As many want to get back for football or to family, I suggest we all make our own arrangements to return, departing at a time convenient to yourselves.

MilesB
29-06-2006, 08:33 AM
This start will be earlier than expected as I have (quite rightly) been reminded that there is an England v Portugal Match at approx 4pm kick-off on Sat afternoon.
Not sure I understand :scratch:

So, I suggest the following .........
Leave Oakdene Café at 10am...
...head for the sea front, Pier, Pint & Donuts

As many want to get back for :cens: or to family, I suggest we all make our own arrangements to return, departing at a time convenient to yourselves.
Sounds like a plan to me... we may not have breakfast at the Oakdene, but will be there by 10am.

Miles (& Susan)

Lady-Bob
29-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Not sure I understand :scratch:

What's not to understand??????

Many want to be home in time for the match (not forgetting the pre-match drivel that goes on!)

MilesB
29-06-2006, 10:53 AM
Many want to be home in time for the match (not forgetting the pre-match drivel that goes on!)
Ya still lost me :confused: ;) :biggrin: (I think we need an ironic smiley)

Sounds like a good time to be enjoying empty roads :rolleyes: :bunny: :spin:

scrapps
29-06-2006, 12:15 PM
so we will see you at oak for b/fast before ten then.....

alan c
30-06-2006, 12:07 PM
will see you at oakdene, looking forward to rideout,sunshine and doughnuts ? :biggrin:

Manda
30-06-2006, 01:31 PM

xxx
Did you get any sussexites together for a meet up with the mob from Kent for the duffnut run to Brighton?

MilesB
30-06-2006, 02:36 PM
Did you get any sussexites together for a meet up with the mob from Kent for the duffnut run to Brighton?
Hi - and Hey - Are you the Manda I met last year at Rye Strand?... thought you had a Dark with a Fabrini headlight cowl then; definitely had "Manda's Monsta" on the numberplate - so maybe you upgraded.

Not sure if JMo has responded to Lady-Bob yet, but you are more than welcome to join us... we'll be the ones with the Monsters and the :tgoe: T-shirts scoffing doughnuts on the pier :cool:

If Jenny doesn't post, then just lie in wait for us en-route... or PM Lady-Bob to arrange a meet point.

Miles

JMo
30-06-2006, 02:56 PM
So you ought to be at the Pooh Corner carpark/bridge around 11am then?

I'll try and rustle up some punters and join you there - will post a thread in Sussex events, but for those Sussexites checking in here - lets say P&H in Crawely from 10am (they have some new Ducati casual clothing in x) leaving at 10.30am through East Grinstead etc. to get to the meeting point...

Otherwise, see you there, then...

xxx

JMo
30-06-2006, 03:09 PM
While the weather looks smashing all weekend, there is a fun run tomorrow along Maderia Drive, so the town will be heaving and parking a nightmare...

xxx

MilesB
30-06-2006, 03:26 PM
So you ought to be at the Pooh Corner carpark/bridge around 11am then?
Sounds about right :thumbsup:

While the weather looks smashing all weekend, there is a fun run tomorrow along Maderia Drive, so the town will be heaving and parking a nightmare...
Of course we could have fun finding enough room to park at Pooh car park :scratch:
All sounds about par for the course - but then we'll have a local expert with us in Brighton, so it shouldn't be a problem ;) :hail:

See you there Jenny

Miles

Manda
30-06-2006, 03:37 PM
Hi - and Hey - Are you the Manda I met last year at Rye Strand?... thought you had a Dark with a Fabrini headlight cowl then; definitely had "Manda's Monsta" on the numberplate - so maybe you upgraded.

Not sure if JMo has responded to Lady-Bob yet, but you are more than welcome to join us... we'll be the ones with the Monsters and the :tgoe: T-shirts scoffing doughnuts on the pier :cool:

If Jenny doesn't post, then just lie in wait for us en-route... or PM Lady-Bob to arrange a meet point.

Miles
Yer thats the one, blimey you,ve got a good memory! ive had a 600 dark then a 750i in red then couldnt resist the 996 S4R that Brett at Protwins showed me.

MilesB
30-06-2006, 03:55 PM
Yer thats the one, blimey you,ve got a good memory! ive had a 600 dark then a 750i in red then couldnt resist the 996 S4R that Brett at Protwins showed me.
Yeah - convinced me to get a Fabrini screen too :cool:

So, you gonna meet up with us ? - From Lewes it may make sense to go straight to Poohsticks Bridge?

(PS Significant others on non-Monsters allowed... Susan will be along on her TDM, and Stuart on his T-Bird)

Miles

GULLY
01-07-2006, 08:24 PM
Hi Guys,
Thanks for a great day. The trip to Pooh Bridge and Brighton was great and I really enjoyed the ride down there.:thumbsup: Sorry I had to shoot off early but footie was on (now wish I had stayed as that was a waste of time watching it but hey ho). sorry about being late be you know me.:mand: Good to see you all again.

Bob, sorry you missed out today but I am sure we can sort something out again soon.Hope you are better:mand:

Albie, hope the hand is okay mate.

see you all soon

Gully:tgoe:

Albie
01-07-2006, 08:33 PM
Bob, sorry you missed out today but I am sure we can sort something out again soon.Hope you are better:mand:

Albie, hope the hand is okay mate.

see you all soon

Gully:tgoe:
Wrist is ok when not riding. May get one of those bandage thingys to ee if it helps. Its apain but there you go. Glad we done the Pooh thing.:piglet:

Maybe boxhill next sunday with the sussex/surrey lot.:mand: :mand:

Get well soon Bob.xx

Journey home was just as nice as on the way but achey.

Andy:banghead: :cry: :mand:

alan c
01-07-2006, 08:35 PM
thanks for good day, hope you all enjoyed lunch, had good run back with gully, hope bob is feeling better, see you all soon.

JMo
01-07-2006, 10:56 PM
... nice to see some old and new faces at P&H this morning - welcome Manda on the S4R (nice corse paint job, but a purple tax disc holder?! x) and great to see Harley again - two green monsters - what are the chances of that happening then?!

Was a bit worried we'd got the wrong carpark at Pooh Corner, but as I was on the phone trying to find Bob's number, Saz heard the distant sound of Monsters - a fine showing indeed, just such a shame the Bobster was poorly... still, hopefully you'll be down our way a little later in the year instead?

Tell you what though, after all that walking though the woods this morning and sitting in the sun this afternoon, you could almost say it was too hot today?! - Scorchio!

xxx

SazzaG
02-07-2006, 09:06 AM
Great day out, but 140 miles on my CRF left my bum very numb! Managed to keep up most of the time though, and I had the advantage of being able to do easy u-turns when needed...

Nice to meet Manda. Another Sussexite - hooray!

I wonder what everyone's looking at here:

MilesB
02-07-2006, 09:33 AM
Great day out, but 140 miles on my CRF left my bum very numb! Managed to keep up most of the time though, and I had the advantage of being able to do easy u-turns when needed...

Nice to meet Manda. Another Sussexite - hooray!
What do you mean U-turns :look: nothing to do with me... I found a nice roundabout for everyone to do the 180 degree thing on:o .

Sorry you couldn't make it Bob, hope you are better soon. Gully said you had to sit quietly for 24 hours and not get stressed :eyepopping: - NOT get stressed when you are missing a ride-out :hissy:.

For your info, the usual suspects were...
Albie & Caroline
Gully
Alan C
GaryN (for the first time in ages)
Scrapps & James
Me (Susan met us at Brighton)

At Pooh Corner we met:
JMo
SazzaG
Manda - nice to say hi.
Muttley
Harvey(?) with the nice pale metalic green retro paintjob).

See you soon hun
Miles

SazzaG
02-07-2006, 09:08 PM
What do you mean U-turns :look: nothing to do with me...

Don't worry Miles. We'd done our u-turning by the time you guys arrived!

JMo
02-07-2006, 11:10 PM
I wonder what everyone's looking at here:

"The gents facilities at Pooh corner left a lot to be desired..."

xxx

Manda
03-07-2006, 08:32 AM
... nice to see some old and new faces at P&H this morning - welcome Manda on the S4R (nice corse paint job, but a purple tax disc holder?! x) and great to see Harley again - two green monsters - what are the chances of that happening then?!

Was a bit worried we'd got the wrong carpark at Pooh Corner, but as I was on the phone trying to find Bob's number, Saz heard the distant sound of Monsters - a fine showing indeed, just such a shame the Bobster was poorly... still, hopefully you'll be down our way a little later in the year instead?

Tell you what though, after all that walking though the woods this morning and sitting in the sun this afternoon, you could almost say it was too hot today?! - Scorchio!

xxx
Really enjoyed Saturday, a nice ride through the countryside down to the seaside. Its great to see so many monsters (and hear them!) in one place. Looking forward to riding out again, this time with a different tax disc holder and an up to date tax disc in it!!

scrapps
03-07-2006, 11:53 AM
cheers all for good day out sorry about james blowing chunks on pier:eyepopping: he made it home ok before he was ill again, think he has a bug ?? shame bob did not make it hope you feel better soon..