PDA

View Full Version : Avoid Ebikeinsurance

smiffyuk
25-05-2006, 01:40 PM
as the title suggests - avoid this company like the plague!
i changed my bike last wednesday (18th may) and was promised my new covernote the next day as i need to tax it.
it had not arrived by monday the 22nd so telephoned them and after being on hold for 20 mins got through to someone who said it had been sent out but must have got lost and would send another out straight away and be with me tuesday 23rd may.
i gave it to wednesday 24th and it had still not come so i phoes them again and after waiting for 30 mins i got through and asked where is my covernote?After checking that they'd got my address correct (they had) they said no problem we'll send one out now by 1st class recorded and you will DEFINITELY get it on thursday the 25th.....IT STILL HASN'T BLOODY COME:banghead: :banghead:
And to top it all i've tried phoning them 10 times and been a total of 60 mins on hold and i can't even bloody get through now:banghead: :banghead:
god help me if i ever had to claim!!
avoid this bunch of monkeys like the plague, this is just not on.
plus they owe me some money back,how long will that take i wonder.
crap just crap

Chappers
25-05-2006, 01:49 PM
Sorry to hear that, customer services at some places is just naff :nash:

Darry
25-05-2006, 01:59 PM
as the title suggests - avoid this company like the plague!
i changed my bike last wednesday (18th may) and was promised my new covernote the next day as i need to tax it.
it had not arrived by monday the 22nd so telephoned them and after being on hold for 20 mins got through to someone who said it had been sent out but must have got lost and would send another out straight away and be with me tuesday 23rd may.
i gave it to wednesday 24th and it had still not come so i phoes them again and after waiting for 30 mins i got through and asked where is my covernote?After checking that they'd got my address correct (they had) they said no problem we'll send one out now by 1st class recorded and you will DEFINITELY get it on thursday the 25th.....IT STILL HASN'T BLOODY COME:banghead: :banghead:
And to top it all i've tried phoning them 10 times and been a total of 60 mins on hold and i can't even bloody get through now:banghead: :banghead:
god help me if i ever had to claim!!
avoid this bunch of monkeys like the plague, this is just not on.
plus they owe me some money back,how long will that take i wonder.
crap just crap

I'm still waiting for my welcome pack since march... but they are taking the money.

You can download your covernote from the website though.

D.

SazzaG
25-05-2006, 02:55 PM
We use ebike for the KTM - got the welcome pack, etc. very quickly. Mind you, everything's been done online, so we've never spoken to anyone yet.

As for covernotes for tax - can't you renew the tax online? You don't need the covernote for that.

Saz

Rod
25-05-2006, 03:01 PM
Never dealt with them over the phone but via the T'internet they've been superb.

Bennetts/Carole Gnash/Direct qoute et al, all in the region of £250-£290 for my S4.

Ebike - £135 with free breakdown cover! :eyepopping:

Got my welcome pack and certificate within a couple of days too. :)

Haven't had to claim though.

(says Rod, frantically touching everything made of wood thats near him!)

dazzi-b
25-05-2006, 04:03 PM
I got all my stuff through the post really quickly too. I haven't had a problem with them yet but time will tell.....all insurance companies seem to be able to drag their feet when they want to :rolleyes:

smiffyuk
25-05-2006, 04:50 PM
i got my welcome pack the next day when i 1st took insurance out,but this is the 1st time i've had a change of vehicle and its been a nightmare!

you can't download and print a cover note off because something about because i'm owed some money back?

in all other respects they've been good, but if the customer service side of things are crap what chance have you got of sorting a claim out when you really need them?
i'm not usually one for complaining but this has done my head in - new bike sat in shop and i can't bloody ride the thing:banghead:

bod
25-05-2006, 05:34 PM
Got an online quote yesterday from e bike......twice as much as my present insurance through MCE.:shocked:

manwithredbike
25-05-2006, 07:08 PM
got the cheapest deal with e-bikeinsurance. got all the stuff out quick. didn't deal with any humans at all, done it all on-line. printed off my own certificate - no probs.
if yopu have an accident, you'll be covered.

Paivi
25-05-2006, 08:48 PM
I have to say I was impressed with Ebike: my fully comp for the 695, parked on the road is just £202 pa. The initial quote was for a 620 but when the 695 was sneaked in and I tried to get a quote, I noticed they didn't list a 695 (nor did any of the other big ones). I called them, and got put through to somebody immediately, who called me back the next morning to tell me to try again, as they'd added the bike in the database. I wasn't impressed with the quote, so I called them again, and they had a look at it, and came back with a better one.

As for the tax: you're allowed to ride a new vehicle for 14 days without taxing it. You're not likely to be pulled for it, but if you're pulled for something else, you may get a fine after the grace period has expired, but as long as you're not taking the mickey, the coppers are lenient, as they know how it works. Also, if you bought the bike 'on the road', your receipt will show you've paid the tax, but it's just the garage/insurance company taking the time.

I only now, four weeks later, got my tax disc from the garage, so have been illegal on the roads, but have carried my receipt with me to prove I have paid the tax, just not received the tax disc yet.

smiffyuk
26-05-2006, 12:03 PM
well, my covernote finally turned up today by recorded delivery and it was for my old bike:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

however, i finally managed to get through on the phone after 20 mins (10p per minute:worried: ) and they couldn't apologise enough.

then the chap on the other end of phone said :idea: 'i'll send another out today by recorded delivery and i'll email you your new covernote now!!'

why couldn't they do this in the 1st place??!!!

Darry
26-05-2006, 01:20 PM
Just phoned ebike. They will now send the docs by recorded delivery. Lets see this time.

FYI, as for the covernote SmiffyUK, I was able to print this from the website as soon as I'd paid for the insurance.

Darry.

Darry
27-05-2006, 08:46 AM
:) Docs arrived by recorded post this morning! Less than 24hrs after despatch!

The only downside to this is that they arrived at 9:23am on Saturday, I only went to bed at 6am!!

What I now would like to know is where are all the other copies that were sent by regular post? Royal Mail!!!:nash:

smiffyuk
27-05-2006, 08:57 AM
hi darry , you can print a covernote out online when you 1st take out a new policy, but as i discovered, if you change your bike mid-term you are unable to do this.
when i 1st went with ebike they did arrive the next day, but on this occasion it has been a nightmare.
finally taxed me bike and am all legal after they emailed me a copy.

have wrote a letter of complaint so we'll see if they can salvage themselves:chuckle:

Darry
27-05-2006, 09:23 AM
hi darry , you can print a covernote out online when you 1st take out a new policy, but as i discovered, if you change your bike mid-term you are unable to do this.
when i 1st went with ebike they did arrive the next day, but on this occasion it has been a nightmare.
finally taxed me bike and am all legal after they emailed me a copy.

have wrote a letter of complaint so we'll see if they can salvage themselves:chuckle:

Great news smiffyUK.

Hope you sent your letter of complaint by recorded delivery, I've heard the post is bad :chuckle: