PDA

View Full Version : Monster 750 Dark For Sale.

Pincherrn
22-05-2006, 07:42 AM
Here we have a MY2001 but 02 Reg. 750 Dark for sale. It must be one of the last carb models. 2 mature owners, only done 3600 miles. Had a new rear tyre and Cambelts about 300 miles ago. DP Carbon fairing and mini indicators. Some smaller carbon bits, but all original parts are there too. Datatagged.
FDSH, lack of use and Lotus Elise forcing sale.
Make me an offer around £3000.
Email me for fotos. Bike is in High Wycombe.

Colin.

Pincherrn
31-05-2006, 08:39 AM
Hi guys,
This bike now has to go even more as I am being turfed out of my garage too. Is the price too high or is it generally not a good time to advertise as I have had no replies and it has now been on Biketrader, MCN, here and Ducati Sporting Club sites.

Colin

Dave G
31-05-2006, 08:41 AM
Put it back to standard and sell all your carbon bits seperately,a bit more hassle but you'll get more money for them.

And 'unfortunately,(and I say this as a paid up member) the Dsc doesn't give a monkeys about monsters,if its not a superbike it just doesn't interest them

CK & AK
31-05-2006, 08:58 AM
And 'unfortunately,(and I say this as a paid up member) the Dsc doesn't give a monkeys about monsters,if its not a superbike it just doesn't interest them

sorry? :confused:

quite a few have sold on there - and many are welcome - as are ANY ducati's to meets/rides etc:confused:

I've never heard that said since I've been a member (2002) and we both ride monsters to meets (in Surrey/Hants/Berks/Oxon/Sussex/Kent all regularly - as well as popping over to other regions too!) - and we also race them in the club series too.

Pinchern - I do think the price is a tad high mate:)
Parkers guide gives this recco for a 51/01 Dark:

Private Good £ 2515
Private Poor £ 1990

C

Pincherrn
31-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the info. Thought the price might be high but didn't want to lose too much as i haven't had it that long and change of circumstances is forcing me to sell it earlier than I would have liked. But may have to bite the bullet and lower the price soon.

Colin

lord vader
31-05-2006, 10:05 AM
Yeah sounds too steep!

I bought my M750 about 18 months ago and it sounds identical to yours, i paid £2700 and wouldn't expect to sell for any more tha £2500 now.
Depreciation is a right Bummer.

Vader

Pincherrn
31-05-2006, 11:45 AM
Yes i paid £3500 about a year ago. Thought the monster would be pretty stable tho. Ah well. Can't be changed now.

bobob
31-05-2006, 11:45 AM
Sounds like a nice bike pincherrn, I would have it myself if I could find some more dosh from somewhere :(

Good luck anyhow... are you going to buy another monster afterwards, maybe cheaper?

Pincherrn
31-05-2006, 12:42 PM
Not in the near future as like I said I have lost my garage space. Would like another one if I get another garage tho. I don't get too many chances to ride tho thats the thing. Love the bike.

bobob
31-05-2006, 03:27 PM
Thats a shame, other commitments (family, job, mistress...) always get in the way of having fun :mad: :mand:

Pincherrn
03-06-2006, 11:34 AM
Hi guys,
Ok due to general concensus of opinion and need to get rid of it before it ends on the street. Will accept offers in the region of £2800.
Hope this finds more interested buyers or I will be part exing it at a big loss for a Lotus Elise.

Thanks

Pincher

Pincherrn
12-06-2006, 06:32 PM
Seems that noone is interested. Enough people have looked but no offers other than the normal overseas rubbish from Autotrader. What should I be asking to get any interest? I'm open to (sensible) offers now as they are starting to get very irate about it taking up space at work. The Parkers price is £2515 Good private so this is maybe a lower limit as I can imagine that is for one with a bit more mileage on it and it is for a 51 plate as an 02 plate M750 Dark doesn't exist. !!!!!
Ok so let me know.

Pincher.

mick
12-06-2006, 10:27 PM
You have a PM

Mick

DesmoDog
16-06-2006, 09:02 AM
one from me too.

Pincherrn
29-06-2006, 10:27 AM
Bike is still for sale but now has full MOT, passed this morning with flying colours. Will also have 6 months Tax put on it.

Pincher.

Matt Black
03-07-2006, 11:40 AM
Sorry but I don't think Parkers Guide is a very useful tool. These guides are more accurate for bigger volume sellers.

I have spoken to a dealer friend of mine who has his own CAP guide. The bike books to make all sorts of money but would retail at £2,500 - £3,000 realistically.

This makes a private sale value of something in the low £2,000s.

It is low mileage but things have moved on a lot in the last 5 years. It's carbed and the 750 although arguably the sweetest running Monster engine in its day was not a big seller.

My own M900 has a trade value of more than I am asking but hey, why haven't I sold that yet either!!??

You need to come to terms with asking £2495 at the MOST to get as much over £2,000 as you can.

Sorry but reality bites, I've got the teethmarks to prove it!

Best of Luck

Pincherrn
11-07-2006, 07:43 PM
Hi,
Well using Mattblacks trick. The Monster now has 6 months Tax as well as full MOT.
Any enquiries???

Pincher

Mandy
24-07-2006, 12:37 PM
Here we have a MY2001 but 02 Reg. 750 Dark for sale. It must be one of the last carb models. 2 mature owners, only done 3600 miles. Had a new rear tyre and Cambelts about 300 miles ago. DP Carbon fairing and mini indicators. Some smaller carbon bits, but all original parts are there too. Datatagged.
FDSH, lack of use and Lotus Elise forcing sale.
Make me an offer around £3000.
Email me for fotos. Bike is in High Wycombe.

Colin.

Is bike still for sale and if so, how much? Def interested!

Pincherrn
24-07-2006, 06:15 PM
Hi,
Yes bike is still for sale. Have had another b***ocking today for it still being in the hangar. Will take £2500 now. Has new MOT a week or so ago and 6 months tax.
Mileage still hasn't changed. Has just been standing now with the occaisional run around the airfield to keep the battery charged.

Let me know if you are still interested.

Pincher.

m900uk
25-07-2006, 06:24 AM
have sent PM

Mandy
25-07-2006, 10:57 AM
Hi,
Yes bike is still for sale. Have had another b***ocking today for it still being in the hangar. Will take £2500 now. Has new MOT a week or so ago and 6 months tax.
Mileage still hasn't changed. Has just been standing now with the occaisional run around the airfield to keep the battery charged.

Let me know if you are still interested.

Pincher.

Yep still interested, bike is actually for hubby not myself but he hasnt got access to internet at work so Im searching for him!
Could we have a mobile number or email address for you so we can contact you!

Pincherrn
25-07-2006, 11:42 AM
Hi,
You can email me on pincherrn@hotmail.com. Can give you my mobile number thru there too. Don't want to put it on here. Or PM me if you can.

Pincher

Pincherrn
18-09-2006, 05:33 PM
Bike is still for sale. Hardly moved since being put up for sale but regularly run. Offers around £2,500.

Colin