PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 4th June @ Oakdene

MilesB
19-05-2006, 01:58 PM
OK - Next gathering of the mob, where hopefully, Nik the brief will be showing off his new M900 beast :bunny: .

Not sure if I'm gonna be able to make this one - the monster will need a ride, but I may not, as the day before I will have ridden 400ish miles, travelled by ferry from Calais to Dover, then ridden home (with Susan on her TDM). May be biked out by then :freak:

Who else is gonna be there?

gary tompkins
19-05-2006, 04:55 PM
Should be ok for the 4th :)

benson
19-05-2006, 04:58 PM
If I'm home I'll play!:o :o

GULLY
19-05-2006, 08:02 PM
I am up for that:thumbsup:

yum yum brecky

gully

nik_the_brief
20-05-2006, 12:52 PM
I'll be there - with my new Monnie - waheey!!

and yes Miles, it will be kept clean (well cleaner than the other one was anyway!!).

Got back this morning and got caught in that delightful rainstorm from the Dartfod Crossing all the way to Maidstone.

Lady-Bob
30-05-2006, 07:18 PM
I'll be bringing the remainder of the T-Shirts

So that'll be

Critch's
Col's
NTB's
AlanC's
Megan's

Benson may well be joining us (we're in negotiations! :eek: )

slob
30-05-2006, 07:38 PM
If I'm home I'll play!:o :o
Ha! Benson up for breakfast, whatever next? Gimme a bell if you think you'll make it Rach, we can cruise down together.

benson
31-05-2006, 07:17 AM
I'll make it!!! I'm meeting Bob abd the Maccy D's on the A20 - wanna come too?????

Lady-Bob
31-05-2006, 10:40 AM
We MIGHT also have a Kent newbie joining us for brekkie called Welldoneade. He has just pm'd me to say he'll try and make it down. :mand:

benson
31-05-2006, 01:57 PM
I'll have you know Slob that I am up at a very reasonable hour most mornings during the week hence my inability to get dressed on Sunday mornings! :idea:

However, for the good of everyone's health I will NOT be riding the monster naked (that really doesn't warrant a thought - too frightening espeiclaly for the old, infirm or those with 20:20 vision:on: :on: :on: ) this eekend but I will be trying to find the afore mentioned Mac Donalds somewhere on the A20 to meet Bob at 9.30!!!

Ha indeed - I'll be setting three alarm clocks just to be on the dafe side:thumbsup:

slob
31-05-2006, 05:50 PM
I'll have you know Slob that I am up at a very reasonable hour most mornings during the week hence my inability to get dressed on Sunday mornings! :idea:

However, for the good of everyone's health I will NOT be riding the monster naked (that really doesn't warrant a thought - too frightening espeiclaly for the old, infirm or those with 20:20 vision:on: :on: :on: ) this eekend but I will be trying to find the afore mentioned Mac Donalds somewhere on the A20 to meet Bob at 9.30!!!

Ha indeed - I'll be setting three alarm clocks just to be on the dafe side:thumbsup:
just come over to mine for 9 and we'll blatt down from there...eezeepeezeeinit!

benson
31-05-2006, 06:24 PM
Yeah!!!! Remid me of your address again???:mand:

STU65
31-05-2006, 09:37 PM
I'll be there early for a bacon butty!

See you all there.

Albie
31-05-2006, 09:43 PM
Looking like a good turn out then. Meant to be nice weather too. :mand: :mand: :tgoe:

Albie
31-05-2006, 09:51 PM
I'll be bringing the remainder of the T-Shirts

So that'll be

Critch's
Col's
NTB's
AlanC's
Megan's

Benson may well be joining us (we're in negotiations! )
Albie and Caroline With the hopefully newly mot'd bike
Stu 65

Duc, sequere, aut de via decede

GULLY
31-05-2006, 09:57 PM
Looking like a good turn out then. Meant to be nice weather too. :mand: :mand: :tgoe:
I am up for a ride out if weather good:mand:
Gully:tgoe:

benson
31-05-2006, 09:58 PM
Seems like me might have ......SUNSHINE!!!!!!

What a fantastic thought - a Sunday and sun!!! hurrah!!!

Here's hoping and see you all Sunday morning all being well - hope the rest of the week speeds itself away...:flamed:

Lady-Bob
01-06-2006, 05:40 PM
Bumble and welldoneade will be coming along as well :ukm:

benson
01-06-2006, 06:00 PM
Excellent - a posse no less!!!!

Lady-Bob
01-06-2006, 07:57 PM
Just had text from Critcher... he'll be popping down as well

Albie
01-06-2006, 08:26 PM
Monster or 916

Albie
01-06-2006, 08:33 PM
So the list is :- :tgoe:

Albie & Caroline
Benson
Bob
Bumble
Critcher
Gary T
Gully
NTB with his 900:flag: :mand:
SieMan
Slob
Stu 65
Wellonade

Anymore I missed.:eek:

benson
01-06-2006, 08:40 PM
That looks a grand list Albie - hope they've got enough bacon!!!:cool:

Albie
01-06-2006, 08:42 PM
Always got bacon. Its always chicken they run out of. :biggrin: :biggrin:

benson
01-06-2006, 08:44 PM
Hurrah for double bacon rolls! That's why I love my adjustable suspension so much - specially for fatties after a big brekkie!!!!!:eek:

GULLY
01-06-2006, 09:57 PM
Monster or 916
Get both
a monster with a 916 lump:mand:
Can i have a go!!!!
Gully

JMo
01-06-2006, 10:24 PM
Might be able to gather a few Sussexites together and head over your way too... I say a few, Saz and I anyway... I'll PM everyone else and see how many more I can rustle up...

What sort of time at the Oakdean? 10.30ish?

xxx

Lady-Bob
02-06-2006, 09:19 AM
Will be great to see you Sazza and Piglet there :mand:

Normally we aim to get there anywhere between 9.30 -10am :woot:

JMo
02-06-2006, 10:11 AM
Normally we aim to get there anywhere between 9.30 -10am :woot:

Bloody hell - can't you people sleep?!

We'll be there about 10.30ish I hope - I trust you spend a while there nattering and stuff?

Have you a plan for later in the day?

xxx

SazzaG
02-06-2006, 10:25 AM
a monster with a 916 lump:mand:

Er, that'll be an S4 then!

Looking forward to seeing you guys. I never knew 9.30am existed on Sundays - better set the alarm!

Saz

alan c
02-06-2006, 12:26 PM
[QUOTE=Albie]So the list is :- :tgoe:

Albie & Caroline
Benson
Bob
Bumble
Critcher
Gary T
Gully
NTB with his 900:flag: :mand:
SieMan
Slob
Stu 65
Wellonade
alan c

col
02-06-2006, 12:35 PM
So the list is :-

Albie & Caroline
Benson
Bob
Bumble
Critcher
Gary T
Gully
NTB with his 900
SieMan
Slob
Stu 65
Wellonade
col (can i have my t-shirt this time? SORRY BOB, WILL READ MORE CAREFULLY NEXT TIME BOB, WONT DO IT AGAIN BOB:fou: )

Lady-Bob
02-06-2006, 12:58 PM

Albie & Caroline
Benson
Lady-Bob
Bumble
Critcher
Gary T
Gully
NTB with his 900
SieMan
Slob
Stu 65
Wellonade
col (can i have my t-shirt this time? SORRY BOB, WILL READ MORE CAREFULLY NEXT TIME BOB, WONT DO IT AGAIN BOB )
JMo
SazzaG
Alanc

Crikey! Better tell the cafe to get in an extra pig for the bacon rolls... Hold on... piglet's coming - sorted!!!! :eek: :mand:

benson
02-06-2006, 04:14 PM
I'll see you there folks - I'll be somewhere south of the river Sunday morning I think so no worries about meeting me for the ride in Lady-Bob - save that until NEXT weekend (yes - the 11th....) when hopefully Paivi will be with us too!!!

Meanwhile - yes indeed - get the extra pigs in!!!

Yours in a kosher sort of way, see you about 9.30/10 -

Rachel
xxxxx

Sie man
02-06-2006, 09:20 PM
I’m picking up the S2R1000 on Saturday from Pro Twins and will definately be up for it on Sunday Just gotta watch that gravel in the car park!

Albie and Gully–I will bring along the parts. I’m also gonna bring along some DP rearset carbon heel guards. I want £40 for these just in case anyone’s interested.

See you all there,

Justin

Sie man
03-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Drove the car to Pro Twins to give them standard parts for the 620. I’m trading in and to pick up some tasty bits for the S2R100 before returning on the 620 .

Was about to do a return trip on the 620 to hand it over and ride the new S2R back. When Brett told me DVLA need an insurance cover note before they can release the log book and tax the new bike and let me take it away. Don’t remember this when I bought the 620 new in 2002.

On top of this, last week I’d told the insurance broker to cancel the policy on the 620 from Sunday.

After the drive back in the tin box on a glorious perfect biking day what do I find on my doormat at home? a letter with the bloody cover note but by this time its too late to go back. bah.

So it looks like another week till I get the S2R. Just hope the weathers a repeat of this weekend,

justin

benson
03-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Sorry folks but I won't make it tomorrow - I have been called in to work (we have an inspection looming so call it past minute preparation) so won't be with you for brekkie - have as many bacon rolls as you can eat for me and see you next weekend for the GEMS all being well!
xxx

Lady-Bob
04-06-2006, 05:45 AM
Scrapps has kindly offered to lead a ride out to Herne Bay after brekkie if anyone is up for it.

Sorry Benson can't make it last minute :cry: - I'd say we'll take a raincheck but don't wanna tempt fate!!!!!

I have pm'd you Benson

MilesB
04-06-2006, 08:32 AM

Albie & Caroline
Benson
Lady-Bob
Bumble
Critcher
Gary T
Gully
NTB with his 900
SieMan
Slob
Stu 65
Wellonade
col
JMo
SazzaG
Alanc

Crikey! Better tell the cafe to get in an extra pig for the bacon rolls... Hold on... piglet's coming - sorted!!!! :eek: :mand:
And me... need some proper English Breakfast :mand: :mand:

benson
04-06-2006, 10:06 AM
HOpe you all had a grand time - here I am working......
Pooooo....

nik_the_brief
04-06-2006, 04:13 PM
It was good to see everybody - and I mean literally everybody. Think someone counted over 20 Monsters at Oakdene. A beautiful day as well weatherwise.

Rob and Simon thanks for following me back as far as Canterbury, wasn't sure if that was your original plan or not but (as you may have guessed from my griping today) my electrics went again on the A2 (and once more between Canterbury and Hythe). Simon what a lovely bike mate.

I'm almost completely sure the problem's the sidestand switch as it just loses the ignition altogether and won't restart whilst on the move. Yet when I pull over, stick it in neutral and hit the start button it starts with no bother at all and just goes off as if nothing ever happened. Must go investigate in a minute. A bit scary otherwise!!

Gary - cheers for spotting my wonky riding position, I think you're right about the wheel alignment, noticed it myself now that you pointed it out - that or I'm just lopsided.

gary tompkins
04-06-2006, 04:30 PM
Glad you and Scraps got back ok Nik, and really good to see everyone at the cafe today. Like you say I think we had around 20 monsters in the car park before heading off to the coast. Thanks to Scrapps for leading a fine run to Herne Bay & Albie for leading those left (after the I Scream fest) back home via Canterbury & Ashford.

Here's my attempt at a final roll call...

Albie & Caroline
Bob
Bumble
Col
Paul Critcher
Gary T
Gully
NTB
Scrapps
SieMan
Slob
Stu 65
Wellonade + other half?
alan c
Marchesini (Simon)
Miles B

Surrey/Sussex posse...

Muttley (with DSC'ers)
Jmo
James T
Sazza G
Didge

(please add yourself to list if I've forgotton anyone)

Can someone enlighten me as to who the fella with the V nice Guzzi was?

Grumpy
04-06-2006, 04:44 PM
Hi folks , the guy with the nice guzzi is me!! yeap the green centauro is all mine!!. Thanks to everybody for being so welcoming to a newbie. It made the journey from north essex worthwhile.Next time i should have me s4 back on the road,unless a repeat outing of the guzzi is requested!.

gary tompkins
04-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the reply James - another one to cross off the who's who? list ;)

slob
04-06-2006, 04:57 PM
Nice to meet you James. That Guzzi's got some get up and go.
Simon, thanks for the test ride - wicked bike, it would have won best everything if you'd made it to Arrow Mill. Your speedo reads a fraction lower than mine, so I'm guessing it's probably about spot on, gimme a shout if you want to borrow my GPS to check it.

Grumpy
04-06-2006, 05:02 PM
I call her my wolf in sheeps clothing, every one who looks at her thinks guzzi, that won't be that quick, supprise!

SazzaG
04-06-2006, 06:49 PM
Phew, long day! Over 200 miles for me.

Good to see everyone - a few new faces, and some I've not seen for a while. Great brekkie, fab ice creams, sun and good company. What more could you ask for?

Nice run home back to Sussex with JMo, Didge and JamesT - would have been even better if it weren't for bloomin' horse boxes going 20 mph! Ho hum.

Next stop, Mallory...

Saz

Albie
04-06-2006, 07:33 PM
Great to see all the bikes out today. Well done to all . I enjoyed leading BTW. When we lost Bob,Gully we had to turn around and found them I had to catch up, gave it a little and power wheelied. Shocked me and caroline laughed thank god.:D :D

Simon the bike is gorgeous. Well jealous. Its an s4rs without a doubt apart from the testastretta off course. Who cares its got everything and more. I cant say more cos its the Dogs mate:hail: :hail: :D

Lady-Bob
04-06-2006, 08:12 PM
Here's my attempt at a final roll call...

Albie & Caroline
Bob
Bumble
Col
Paul Critcher
Gary T
Gully
NTB
Scrapps
SieMan
Slob
Stu 65
Wellonade + Katherine
alan c
Marchesini (Simon)
Miles B

Surrey/Sussex posse...

Muttley (with DSC'ers)
Jmo
James T
Sazza G
Didge

James White (moto Guzzi)

Not forgetting my neighbour Ray on the BMW :rolleyes:

Nice to meet Welldoneade and Katherine. So many of us, I hope we didn't scare them off! It will be nice to sit down, talk and get to know them better sometime soon - we all appreciate you both coming to meet with us.

Sadly i didn't see piglet this time round..... was it 'cos of all those bacon sarnies Jmo?! :chuckle:

A great day..... great company, great breakfast, great rideout and great weather - I'm wellin' up with pride as I type!! :bunny:

Thanks to everyone x

Benson... you missed a treat! :p

Albie
04-06-2006, 08:38 PM
Yes i must agree. Where was :piglet: :piglet: usually appears somewhere. Is he ill. He could have had an ice cream.:mand:

Albie
04-06-2006, 09:17 PM
A couple of pics

Albie
04-06-2006, 09:18 PM
another piccy

Albie
04-06-2006, 09:20 PM
Simons gorgeous monster

Albie
04-06-2006, 09:21 PM
and anuvver

gary tompkins
04-06-2006, 09:23 PM
A few shots from me...

gary tompkins
04-06-2006, 09:44 PM
and a few more...

Albie
04-06-2006, 09:52 PM
Please tell me what happened to Alan C on the way home. I was leading and not sure who was Tail gunning. Did he tail off or did we lose him ????

marchesini
04-06-2006, 10:04 PM
Your speedo reads a fraction lower than mine, so I'm guessing it's probably about spot on, gimme a shout if you want to borrow my GPS to check it.

I might need the GPS for finding my direction home - followed the signs for the A2 and kept finding lots of little villages with names from yesteryear - Little Smartsbottom, Logheath, Nookhead Crannie WTF?? Never heard of any of them and had no idea whether I was heading towards or away from home. In my moment of enlightenment, I remembered there is an 'old' A2 (villages) and the 'new' A2 (motorway / dual carriageway) and so just took the M2 back towards London which got me home (eventually).

BTW, do you remember one of the dual carriageway straight bits where we had a bit of a 'speed trial' and I slowed quite dramatically at the end and then you overtook me at speed? Well, did you see the Volvo Estate Police :piglet: car at the end of the road - just happy they weren't looking at their rearview mirrors. :eek: :eek:

I don't know if you had any clue where you were going either but it was fun all the same. See you on Thursday (or maybe Wednesday night??)

Laters

simon

benson
04-06-2006, 10:27 PM
Sorry I missed a top day out - I missed everyone and the weather was so good too - ho hum - never mind - have a grand track day too everyone and DONT FALL OFF!!!!!

See you next weekend all being well,

Besnon
xxx

marchesini
04-06-2006, 10:32 PM
Simon the bike is gorgeous. Well jealous. Its an s4rs without a doubt apart from the testastretta off course. Who cares its got everything and more. I cant say more cos its the Dogs mate:hail: :hail: :D

Thanks for that Albie - good to see you again and put a few names to faces etc. Don't get out much (helps to have a bike that is actually running) and couldn't have asked for better weather.

I'll see you on Wednesday.

simon

slob
05-06-2006, 06:22 AM
...spotted the Volvo as passed you, that's why I backed off so suddenly.
CYA Wednesday/Thursday.

Lady-Bob
05-06-2006, 06:51 AM
Please tell me what happened to Alan C on the way home. I was leading and not sure who was Tail gunning. Did he tail off or did we lose him ????
I can't tell.

He was at the back when JMO and us separated. Although Gully myself and Alanc were cut off a little due to traffic and could only see Jmo's crash hat. When I caught up with her it seemed GaryT et all had split so we did a U turn and caught up with you. In the meantime, at the roundabout that you split at, Gully and I thought Alanc had gone toward M20 signs, but as we came back through there was no sign of him. Hope he's ok:worried:

gary tompkins
05-06-2006, 07:30 AM
We split at that roundabout because we (kenties) needed the A20/M20 and Jmo, Sazza, Didge and James all wanted to head towards Ashford to hook round south west to Surrey/Sussex.

Albie and myself spotted we'd lost you straight away, and came but to look for you but you all vanished towards Ashford. So we both carried on towards the A20 & luckily you caught us up a bit further on anyway - but it's a bit of a mystery what happened to Alan?

Drop him a PM?

Lady-Bob
05-06-2006, 09:01 AM
Don't get out much

You're telling me! I thought you didn't exist until now!! nice to finally meet you.

Sorry I didn't talk to you much.... I was a bit scared to :eek:

marchesini
05-06-2006, 09:58 AM
You're telling me! I thought you didn't exist until now!! nice to finally meet you.

Sorry I didn't talk to you much.... I was a bit scared to :eek:

Hey, I'm not scarey. I always like a natter - just don't really have the time - always got to be somewhere else and doing something else. The combination of being an international jetsetter :grump: , father of two :cry: (a third on the way ) and still wanting to live the life of a single man :booze:, doesn't really work (not in this or any other universe as wife tells me).

I'll be more approachable and smile more next time. :mand:

Great day out and I'll try and make another one before the summer is through.

simon

Lady-Bob
05-06-2006, 10:17 AM
Hey, I'm not scarey. I always like a natter - just don't really have the time - always got to be somewhere else and doing something else. The combination of being an international jetsetter :grump: , father of two :cry: (a third on the way ) and still wanting to live the life of a single man :booze:, doesn't really work (not in this or any other universe as wife tells me).

I'll be more approachable and smile more next time. :mand:

Great day out and I'll try and make another one before the summer is through.

simon

Ha ha! thanks. It's not that you seemed unapproachable. You did a lot of smiling! I just didn't feel I had anything mildy interesting to say that you would want to hear.

As soon as Albie told me what your bike was worth I felt a little unworthy and totally out of my depth. Put simply - I just ride.

I don't DO washing the bike
I don't DO modifications
I don't DO technical speak
I don't DO throwing lots of money at it 'cos I haven't got much!

I just put petrol in it and ride it.

So really I had little to say - so I just shut up and thought "I'm not worthy!" :o

Caroline and I were convinced you had to be single with no kids and no responsibilites to be able to invest that kind of money in your bike!:mand:

alan c
05-06-2006, 12:08 PM
I can't tell.

He was at the back when JMO and us separated. Although Gully myself and Alanc were cut off a little due to traffic and could only see Jmo's crash hat. When I caught up with her it seemed GaryT et all had split so we did a U turn and caught up with you. In the meantime, at the roundabout that you split at, Gully and I thought Alanc had gone toward M20 signs, but as we came back through there was no sign of him. Hope he's ok:worried:

yes i am ok, saw back of garys trike going towards m20, knew jmo,s lot was taking other route, did u turn must of missed gary comig back, oh well.
had a great ride out , thanks everybody.
Was on M20 when ducati st pulled along side, rider shouting across at me,could not here due to going 90mph, turned off at swanley , he was italian
no english and wanted directions to berbingham,going to TT, gave him directions and took to garage for fuel, he just kept smiling and saying TT,TT,
hope he made it ok ?

slob
05-06-2006, 12:57 PM
As soon as Albie told me what your bike was worth...
No, that's what it cost, what it's worth is PRICELESS!

Albie
05-06-2006, 03:42 PM
Ha ha! thanks. It's not that you seemed unapproachable. You did a lot of smiling! I just didn't feel I had anything mildy interesting to say that you would want to hear.

As soon as Albie told me what your bike was worth I felt a little unworthy and totally out of my depth. Put simply - I just ride.

I don't DO washing the bike
I don't DO modifications
I don't DO technical speak
I don't DO throwing lots of money at it 'cos I haven't got much!

I just put petrol in it and ride it.

So really I had little to say - so I just shut up and thought "I'm not worthy!" :o

Caroline and I were convinced you had to be single with no kids and no responsibilites to be able to invest that kind of money in your bike!:mand:
Caroline should know hes married as she had a cuppa at his house. Simons good for a natter too.Great to see him out on it though. Maybe turn up at BBQ then. We need a mega turn out this year. So who's coming this year ??

Lady-Bob
05-06-2006, 11:03 PM
Caroline should know hes married as she had a cuppa at his house. Simons good for a natter too.Great to see him out on it though. Maybe turn up at BBQ then. We need a mega turn out this year. So who's coming this year ??

Perhaps it was Sazza I was talking to ?? oops.... that ice-cream must have given me brain freeze!!

Alanc - thanks for posting up. I was beginning to get worried and feeling VERY guilty for not trying hard enough to find you.

Lady-Bob
05-06-2006, 11:05 PM
Maybe turn up at BBQ then. We need a mega turn out this year. So who's coming this year ??

Which Barbeque Milesb's Solstice on 17th June or Bumbles' 3rd Annual on 30th July?

A lot of people are travelling up to Tigerlilys MAD Charity weekend on 17th June