PDA

View Full Version : Service time??

Bodybag
19-05-2006, 01:33 PM
Beelzebub must be due a service as things are starting to rattle a bit too much. I've currently got a sticky throttle grip, which is a nightmare round town, and as I was on my way back to Leicester from London, yesterday evening, I had to call recovery again. This time because the bolt holding the front end of the gear linkage to the pinion rattled itself out in the middle of the M1. Made for a rather panicked 6th gear 90mph cruise onto the hard shoulder as I had no pedal etc. Fortunately, the pedal was still on the bike but I had to wait for recovery to bring a repalcement nut and bolt for me to finish my journey!! So along with the oil leak, it's about time Beelzebub was pulled apart and glued back together with shiny new bits inside I think. Is it easy to change belts etc? My brother is a mechanic so I have his professional experience to call on but would like to try and do it myself. What bits do I need? Including belts etc.

klause
19-05-2006, 04:13 PM
Manual is handy. Belts, oil, filters etc. Changing the base gasket might be out of your depth depends.

Sticky grip.. Could be crap underneath the grip etc. Check your retrun cable, disconnect it at the grip end while your cleaning the grip/throttle and run normal engine oil down the throttle cables.

How many miles has it done, ever been serviced before?