PDA

View Full Version : Who's camping at Mallory???

Emily
18-05-2006, 09:37 PM
Just wondered who else is camping at Mallory for the trackday, and for those that are is anyone planning on staying on the Thursday night as well? I'm tempted as have 3 days off work so may as well make the most of it but won't bother if no one else is.

I'll start the list, you know the drill, copy and paste etc.

1. Emily - Weds def - Thurs - maybe
2. nik_codling - Weds def - Thurs - maybe
3. Pedro -

See you there :spin:

dlloyduk
18-05-2006, 09:43 PM
Not sure yet:spin: How do I get a tent,sleep bag and stuff there???
Have had thoughts on buying a towbar and getting the welder out to build a trailer, but thats going to turn into an expensive day out.
I,ll think about it but probably end up tenting!

Emily
18-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Have you thought about hiring a van? It's too far for you to ride anyway isn't it? Or just get the welder out and build said trailer.

Maybe there's someone along the way that you can collect and share the cost of the van hire?

Alternatively, with some imagination and a few bungies you can strap all your kit onto the bike, as long as your tent is quite small. Stick your sleeping bag in a rucksac and cable-tie the kettle and frying pan to the frame and you're sorted!

Where there's a will there's a way and all that..........

Jim66a
18-05-2006, 09:57 PM
I'm planning on camping over on Wednesday night. Hopefully will be going to work all loaded up on weds morning and heading straight off for Mallory so will be there around six.
Where is the camping at Mallory?

Emily
18-05-2006, 10:05 PM
Names on the list.....

1. Emily - Weds def - Thurs - maybe
2. nik_codling - Weds def - Thurs - maybe
3. Pedro
4. Jim66a

Zimbo
18-05-2006, 10:30 PM
We could try coppying and pasting from the previous post into your new post, and adding yourself to the appropriate list?

Wed night:

Emily
nik_codling
Pedro
Jim66a
Zimbo

Thu night:

Emily (maybe)
nik-codling (maybe)

Emily
19-05-2006, 11:36 AM
Thanks Zimbo, that's what I meant to do. Forgive me, it was getting late :dizzy:

jill
19-05-2006, 01:47 PM
I'm not camping but staying at the Royal Arms, with my bike in a van. If anyone's coming up on Wednesday night from Essex and wants to share van hire, I think two fit in a transit nicely! (Me and boyfriend going, so one room for one more person, one more bike.) I would stay Thursday, but am going on a hen weekend to France the next day! Hope I don't break anything.

Wed night:

Emily
nik_codling
Pedro
Jim66a
Zimbo
Jill

Thu night:

Emily (maybe)
nik-codling (maybe)

NattyBoy
19-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Wed night:

Emily
nik_codling
Pedro
Jim66a
Zimbo
Jill
Nattyboy

If the weathers as nice as last year i'll be kipping in the car again with the windows open !! (As long as GT doesnt pitch up next to me again in his tent..could hear that tosspot snoring at 100 yards!! :eek: ):D

The atmosphere in the circuit pub on the wednesday night is fantastic !!

Nat

neilp
19-05-2006, 04:06 PM
There are two of us also "camping" at the Royal Arms for both Wed and Thurs.:flag:

I'm sure that I'm far too old for canvas.

Zimbo
19-05-2006, 05:13 PM
I'm not camping but staying at the Royal Arms, with my bike in a van.

No no no you've got it all wrong Jill, what you do is, unload the bikes and sleep in the back of the van! That's what I shall be doing, or I may even sleep in the van WITH the bike (I've done this before, loads of room!)

Fot those who've not been over on the evening before, before (if that makes sense) be aware that the social in the circuit pub on wed evening is as much fun as the trackday itself!!!

MotoNik
19-05-2006, 05:34 PM
Anyone know if the paddock will be open on the wednesday afternoon, so we can pitch up and blag the best garages? :chuckle:

As for being "too old for camping" - I can thoroughly recommend an airbed for making life a bit more comfortable - I always get a really good nights sleep whenever we go camping.

Emily and I are planning on taking a few bits and bobs - barbecue maybe, gas stove, fold up table, camping chairs etc, so we hope to see a few of you there for some cold ones (not too many, mind!)

crust
19-05-2006, 06:44 PM
Anyone know if the paddock will be open on the wednesday afternoon, so we can pitch up and blag the best garages? :chuckle:

garages???

you've not been to mallory, have you?

and, no the paddock isnt open over night, there's a big grass area outside the paddock and conveniently in front of the pub for camping.

oh, and I'll be there with Roddy.

:) Crust

jill
20-05-2006, 01:46 PM
[QUOTE=Zimbo]No no no you've got it all wrong Jill, what you do is, unload the bikes and sleep in the back of the van! That's what I shall be doing, or I may even sleep in the van WITH the bike (I've done this before, loads of room!)[QUOTE]
Oh no, I never thought of that! Is the circuit pub within walking distance to the Royal Arms? It only looks to be a couple of miles staggering distance.

Wed night:

Emily
nik_codling
Pedro
Jim66a
Zimbo
Jill
Nattyboy

Thu night:

Emily (maybe)
nik-codling (maybe)

fatbloke
20-05-2006, 01:59 PM
Is the circuit pub within walking distance to the Royal Arms? It only looks to be a couple of miles staggering distance.

Its about 5 miles.
I'm in the Royal Arms as well (but dont let that put you off)
so is
Dave Wood
Jane Wood
Simon Parrott
Paul Hitch****
Tim Osbourne
Fiona Coleman
+ more

steve wright
20-05-2006, 02:46 PM
I'm in the royal arms too. It would appear there's a bucket load of us.
Has anyone booked for dinner who is willing to take this waif and stray into there midst, or must I be billy no mates?

fatbloke
20-05-2006, 02:51 PM
we dont normally book for dinner it just sort of happens
you're more than welcome to join us,

slob
20-05-2006, 03:05 PM
Craigie and I are staying at just down the road from The Royal Arms so will dive over for a wee drinky if we get there in time.

Gilps
24-05-2006, 12:22 PM
I'm toying with the idea of coming up the night before and camping. I take it this piece of grass outside the paddock, and over the road from the pub, is not an official campsite. What are we looking at here? Is it a grass verge with full toilet facilities provided by the adjacent hedge, or is it a designated area for track users? I'll probaly kip in the car and bring the bike up on a trailer. Will bikes be secure enough if left at the side of the road on trailers?

Zimbo
24-05-2006, 04:52 PM
It's a large section of grass outside the pub, well away from the public roads. No toilet facilities apart from the pub's before you go to bed, but the circuit opens early and there's toilets there. Bike will be quite safe overnight!

Gilps
24-05-2006, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the reply. That sounds good enough for me. I will drive up on the Wedensday and kip in my jeep. I've posted two threads today regarding the trackday and both have toilet questions in them. I don't want to come across as having a lavatory obsession. I do have questions about other stuff too, you know.

Gilps
24-05-2006, 05:01 PM
Wed night:

Emily
nik_codling
Pedro
Jim66a
Zimbo
Jill
Nattyboy
Paul Gilpin (Gilps)

Thu night:

Emily (maybe)
nik-codling (maybe)

gary tompkins
24-05-2006, 06:27 PM
Wed night:

Emily
nik_codling
Pedro
Jim66a
Zimbo
Jill
Nattyboy

If the weathers as nice as last year i'll be kipping in the car again with the windows open !! (As long as GT doesnt pitch up next to me again in his tent..could hear that tosspot snoring at 100 yards!! :eek: ):D

The atmosphere in the circuit pub on the wednesday night is fantastic !!

Oi! less of that... tosspot :eek: I ask you what ever next?

I was tent sharing with Essex boy Dave last year, so it may well have been him keeping you awake - yah boo sucks :p

Any how I never snore - well maybe just a tiny bit if I've had a beer or six :chuckle:

Crowman
24-05-2006, 08:59 PM
I was planning on Wed nighting it, anyone got a number for the Royal Arms? Will they have any rooms left??

Cheers

Jeff

fatbloke
24-05-2006, 09:06 PM
I was planning on Wed nighting it, anyone got a number for the Royal Arms? Will they have any rooms left??

Cheers

Jeff
The Royal Arms
Main St, Sutton Cheney,
nr Market Bosworth,
Warwickshire CV13 0AG
01455 290263

singletrack
24-05-2006, 09:45 PM
But it's fully booked - I asked today!

Crowman
30-05-2006, 06:02 PM
Drat! Never mind, I got a room at Tophouse Farm in Shenton, which is just down the road. See you in the pub!

Scotty
30-05-2006, 07:04 PM
oh looking like me n the dlloyduk will be overnighters on wed's