PDA

View Full Version : Ducati Coventry

Bodybag
18-05-2006, 09:05 AM
Yahoo!! Anyone read this weeks MCN? There's a picture of the 999 replacement in there. Just phoned up Mark at Ducati Coventry to ask what he knew about it. They have no details at all but I've put my name down for one anyway. Best bit is...

I'M FIRST ON THE LIST!!!! :mand:

Bodybag
18-05-2006, 09:10 AM
Nicked this from the MCN website.

Gonna get me one for messing about on. :mand:

Chappers
18-05-2006, 09:57 AM
When's this beast due to arrive over here?

Bodybag
18-05-2006, 10:02 AM
Probably not until the beginning of next year but that gives me time to save my pennies so I can buy it outright when I collect it. :mand:

rxtim
18-05-2006, 10:09 AM
That was in MCN a few weeks ago too, looks like the usual lets photoshop bits of bikes together effort. It will be 1200 too assuming the WSB rules change.

I love the 916 series bikes, the 999s look good in Fila colours, not fussed with them plain. The main bits I don't like about the 999 - the swingarm and those extra stick on bits on the side fairings.

Bodybag
18-05-2006, 10:20 AM
I'm of the same opinion as you regarding the looks of the 999. Ugliest sportsbike on the road. Unbelieveable that they managed to go from 916 to that!! Hopefully the new one will be a stunner harking back to the 916 looks.

JMo
18-05-2006, 10:28 AM
As Rtxim says, don't get too exicited - that's just another MCN photoshop lash-up - just like the new R1 on the front cover, and all the big trailie sports tourers (Triumph Tiger excepted) on pages 6 & 7...

I must say, while I'm sure MCN do have the odd contact on the inside, more recently all their 'scoops' are little more that speculative twaddle...

While I sincerely hope the new 999 (or 1099 or 1199 whatever it is) does look something like that picture, I honestly can't see them going back to a single sided swingarm when no bike in WSB or MotoGP uses that technology... sure it looks fancy on a street bike (hey, don't I just know it!) and is useful on an endurance racer perhaps, but Ducati always race what the sell/sell what they race, so I reckon all we'll really see is bodywork styling make over more inline with the MotoGP bike to be honest... and even then I'm not sure they'll 'go back' to the 916 style lamps - afterall, even the CBR is looking a bit dated with that style of headlamp now?

Still, it's bound to be a great bike, and you'll have the first one - you tart!

xxx

Bodybag
18-05-2006, 10:36 AM
I know thats only a hash up picture but it has to be worth putting your name down for one. It can't be any worse looking than the 999 and being a Ducati, you already know its gonna go like stink and handle well. And to be top of the list means the world will be staring with envy when it arrives. :mand: