PDA

View Full Version : Very happy now!

Chappers
17-05-2006, 03:14 PM
Right...

Time to put the other thread to bed (http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=17751).

Spent all afternoon phoning around various Ducati Dealers trying to get another bike as I was about to cancel my order at Ducati Coventry. Managed to find a few good deals but then 'Hunky Mark' of Ducati Coventry worked his magic and has now offered the following:-

Brand new S2R (800) red/white stripe
£5600
1st service free (£250)
2nd service free (£350)
Datatool alarm (£250)
Plus the use of a loan/demo Monster for any biking events I have in the diary between now and the expected REALISTIC delivery date of 2nd week of June.

I'd be bonkers to turn this down wouldn't I? :rolleyes: :bunny:

Chaos Inc.
17-05-2006, 03:21 PM
Thats damn fine. I can tell you his workshop will not be happy with him as the tech will have to work at lower rates because of his *** up. By the way, word of warning, it might seem obvious but I still mention it: I have had customers come to my branch for a service and they mention that the salesman said such and such a service is for free. The important thing is that it is at the company where the bike was bought as the dealerships are still privately owned in their own right. As I said, it may seem obvious but I would hate to hear that you were at some other dealer only to find out too late that this was the case.

Neverhtheless, great to see that they are trying to make amends. Enjoy:biggrin:

Dave G
17-05-2006, 03:35 PM
That sounds not too bad,my first service was free anyway but the rest is good.
Might be an idea to get him to put it in writing though,as a goodwill gesture I dont think you can expect much more.

Now get on that demo bike and start riding!:mand:

Chappers
17-05-2006, 03:38 PM
Might be an idea to get him to put it in writing though,as a goodwill gesture I dont think you can expect much more.

Good afternoon Hayley

As discussed here is the revised deal on the Ducati S2R 800- 06 model Year in Red and White.

Bike on the Road £5600
Deposit £300

Included will be your first two services due at 600 miles or 6 months and 6000 miles or 12 months respectively.

Plus a datatool alarm fitted free of charge.

Kind regards

Mark Bolton
Sales Manager

DUCATI COVENTRY JHP LTD

TEL + 44 (0) 2476 335300
FAX + 44 (0) 2476 335307

Bodybag
17-05-2006, 03:41 PM
Bloody hell mate, how'd ya pull that one off? Fnaar Fnaar!!

Kato
17-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Almost restores my faith in the human race, great deal well done..

Pugi
17-05-2006, 03:48 PM
Well done! Glad to se someone knows what customer service is.
:thumbsup: to him.
So...did you go with the girly girl approach or the b1tch?

Chappers
17-05-2006, 04:03 PM
Well done! Glad to se someone knows what customer service is.
:thumbsup: to him.
So...did you go with the girly girl approach or the b1tch?

Started off with being a bitch and cancelled my order this morning demanding my deposit back so I could take Wolverhampton up on their also superb deal and then hunky Mark rang me back with this superb offer...I melted into the sassy girly girl - doh! :chuckle:

Dave G
17-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Damn you girls and your fluttery eyelashes!!
He would of told me to **** off ya fat baldy ba....:dizzy:

Chappers
17-05-2006, 04:21 PM
Damn you girls and your fluttery eyelashes!!
He would of told me to **** off ya fat baldy ba....:dizzy:

This was all done over the phone mate, he don't realise I'm a right minger in person :chuckle:

McMONSTRO
17-05-2006, 04:22 PM
Congratulations, if you had caused a bigger stink you might have got a weekend away with Troy Bayliss :kiss: and theres Le Mans Moto GP, Silverstone WSB, and Mugello Moto GP which you were booked to go on, and now can't unless they lend you their S4RS demo... right!!!

McMonstro

Chappers
17-05-2006, 04:23 PM
Congratulations, if you had caused a bigger stink you might have got a weekend away with Troy Bayliss :kiss: and theres Le Mans Moto GP, Silverstone WSB, and Mugello Moto GP which you were booked to go on, and now can't unless they lend you their S4RS demo... right!!!

McMonstro

He said if my feet would reach the floor he'd lend me the S4RS demo - I nearly spat me tea all over me keyboard :eek:

Bodybag
17-05-2006, 04:26 PM
He said if my feet would reach the floor he'd lend me the S4RS demo - I nearly spat me tea all over me keyboard :eek:

Gis a go. Tell him my feet touch the floor and you're borrowing them!!

singletrack
17-05-2006, 04:46 PM
That's great news Chappers it looks like you got a good result.

Don't try the S2RS though - you might want to change the S2R sooner than you expected.

Gilps
18-05-2006, 10:53 AM
Brand new S2R (800) red/white stripe
£5600
1st service free (£250)
2nd service free (£350)
Datatool alarm (£250)

That's a cracking deal you got there. Well done. And well done to the dealer too. you paid £200 less than me and got 850 quids worth of stuff too. Obviously it would have cost you more to get the yellow one, if you can find one. Glad it all owrked out in the end.

Chappers
18-05-2006, 10:59 AM
That's a cracking deal you got there. Well done. And well done to the dealer too. you paid £200 less than me and got 850 quids worth of stuff too.

They really did push the boat out to keep my custom and make amends - over the moon :biggrin:

Obviously it would have cost you more to get the yellow one, if you can find one. Glad it all owrked out in the end.

Actually, another dealer had a yellow one and offered it to me for £5400 :eek:

singletrack
18-05-2006, 11:02 AM
They really did push the boat out to keep my custom and make amends - over the moon :biggrin:

I would have thought they would pay you to take it off their hands :devil:

I have seen a couple of black S2Rs and a tangerine one in dealers ready to find a new owner, but the red and white ones are definitely harder to come by.
Well done Chappers.

Gilps
18-05-2006, 11:13 AM
Looks like I paid way over the odds. That's what you get for impulse buying.

Chappers
18-05-2006, 11:24 AM
Looks like I paid way over the odds. That's what you get for impulse buying.

Yeah but no but - did you buy yours a while ago when they first were about?

Gilps
18-05-2006, 11:44 AM
Yeah but no but - did you buy yours a while ago when they first were about?
I bought in August last year. They had been out awhile by then I suppose. I really should have left it a couple of months until the depths of Winter to get a good deal, but I really wanted a yellow one and Ducati had stopped making them by then. I had to phone several dealers to find my one. I was under the impression that I got one of the last ones available. Looks like I may have been wrong. I did the deal over the phone, paid the deposit over the phone, and sold him my Triumph over the phone. I only lost £2k on that in 10 months.:grump: Dealers love me. I pay over the top to buy a bike then sell it back to them for lots less, whilst buying the next one from them at a high price again. I'm going to get you to negotiate for me next time round.:)

Chappers
18-05-2006, 11:48 AM
I'm going to get you to negotiate for me next time round.:)

Just call me Hissyfit Hayley :bunny:

sjr999r
18-05-2006, 01:49 PM
Thats great deal,very envus.....I WANT ONE:cry: :cry: :cry:

Chappers
23-05-2006, 02:16 PM
Received a call from the one and only 'Hunky Mark' yesterday informing me that I may have my bike sooner than the 2nd week of June but no promises :woot:

Spud
23-05-2006, 02:53 PM
This is just a small point, and I don't mean to be argumentative.

But............

Grinding every dealer until the Sales Manager sobs only means that each year there will be fewer Ducati dealers about because they can't make enough money to cover their overheads. We all know that we will gladly spunk away thousands on mods and accessories, yet we feel that we need to grab £300 or £400 worth of discount just to make ourselves feel better. Did it make the difference between affording and not affording it?

If we don't support our brand - who will. They don't get bought by commuters or riding schools or police - just enthusiasts like us. And we all know that we like to deal with the small independant dealers, rather than the chains. But they need to make a profit - so why not let them (the ones that deserve to, the ones who give proper professional service)

Please send hate mail to the usual address!

Chappers
23-05-2006, 04:18 PM
This is just a small point...We all know that we will gladly spunk away thousands on mods and accessories, yet we feel that we need to grab £300 or £400 worth of discount just to make ourselves feel better. Did it make the difference between affording and not affording it?

I've not got the bike for any less than I first agreed with Mark on 2nd May, so yes I can still afford it and I'm only spending £40 on the tailchop kit, £60 on bellypan and £30 on cans - that's my mods....£130 :bunny:

I didn't demand anything from the dealer other than a realistic date which I'm hoping I've now got :worried: but if they're willing to throw 2 services and an alarm at me for free I'm certainly not gonna turn it down :chuckle:

barbican
23-05-2006, 07:23 PM
I've not got the bike for any less than I first agreed with Mark on 2nd May, so yes I can still afford it and I'm only spending £40 on the tailchop kit, £60 on bellypan and £30 on cans - that's my mods....£130 :bunny:

I didn't demand anything from the dealer other than a realistic date which I'm hoping I've now got :worried: but if they're willing to throw 2 services and an alarm at me for free I'm certainly not gonna turn it down :chuckle:

Your dead right in my opinion, if they have to throw money at you because of poor service, they have only themselves to blame if they go t!ts up. Hopefully the survivors will be the good guys, survival of the fitest and all that.....

bigredduke
23-05-2006, 08:01 PM
Grinding every dealer until the Sales Manager sobs only means that each year there will be fewer Ducati dealers about because they can't make enough money to cover their overheads. We all know that we will gladly spunk away thousands on mods and accessories, yet we feel that we need to grab £300 or £400 worth of discount just to make ourselves feel better.

Yes, but for every deal that squeezes the dealer's margins, they will have 10 or so which makes them a decent profit. Furthermore, no customer holds a gun to the dealer's head and forces them to sell at that price. If they don't think the deal is good for them, they don't have to sell. They may also offer a really good deal to meet sales targets from the manufacturer which may mean extra discounts for them. A good time to buy a bike or a car is towards the end of the month when targets have to be met and they will often be very keen to do a deal. I would imagine that there are fewer dealers about simply because fewer Ducati's are sold - a function of supply and demand.
If Ducati's were as common as HondaSuzukiYamahaKawa's then we probably wouldn't want one anyway!:chuckle:

Spud
24-05-2006, 01:17 PM

Absolutely, if it's going free etc, and if a deal is to be had then you should. I'd just a 2 days of (car) dealer staff carping at me about every single customer wanting every single penny of discount, and how they couldn't make a living and every one was against them!

Saw your post and had a little strop to myself!:dunce:

Chappers
25-05-2006, 11:10 AM
Bike will be ready for me to collect as from Thursday 1st June :bunny:

Julie
25-05-2006, 11:52 AM
Bike will be ready for me to collect as from Thursday 1st June :bunny:

Just in time for the track day!!

bad-yeti
25-05-2006, 12:24 PM
Nice one Chappers, you'll love it.

Nice deal as well, like some others, I just got caught up in the moment, paid full price, got nothing free and then.....erm.....<cough> booked a test <cough>

Have fun mate
http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/turb/oogle.gif

Chappers
25-05-2006, 01:18 PM
Just in time for the track day!!

Oh yes but I'm only spectating, riding up with StuartG and aiming to get there for around 10ish :bunny:

Northman1
25-05-2006, 04:11 PM
Wow. What a great deal, chuffed for you.

Next time I am shopping for a deal on a bike I will give you a call :-)