PDA

View Full Version : Rear break light always on!

owilliams155
16-05-2006, 11:55 AM
Hi all,

I have a 620ie and ive noticed my rear break light is always on, when i mean always on, i mean at its brightest permanently so when i hit the breaks it will not get any brighter than it already is! Ive checked the connections and sprayed with WD40 but the problem remains! Any suggestions??

Regards,

Julie
16-05-2006, 12:05 PM
check the front break lever - is it making that 'clicking' noise? it might be that its stuck which will result in the light being on all the time.

Ade
16-05-2006, 02:15 PM
As Julie rightly said the front switch,
I belive it is a "normally closed" microswitch, in that with with the lever at rest it puts pressure on a small pin in the brake lever assembly so breaking the circuit, apply the brakes and it then "makes" the switch/circuit,
You might look at the positioning of the microswitch, 2 daft little screws and nuts hold it in position and a small adjustment will open and close the circuit.

Pugi
16-05-2006, 03:14 PM
You're not the only one, read following thread for more info:
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=17702

tommo
16-05-2006, 03:18 PM
check the bulb is in the right way as it will go in both ways, had that on mine!

thick-leyther
05-07-2006, 01:24 AM
One of the many issues i've already dealt with on my 620ie dark, :banghead:

Loosen the switch mounting screws slightly and operate the brake lever until the switch and brake light operate correctly, tighten the screws and Bobs your uncle (if the switch has backed off from the lever the brake light will be permanently on).

Hope this helps.
Steve

Nigel C
12-06-2007, 09:50 PM
One of the many issues i've already dealt with on my 620ie dark, :banghead:

Loosen the switch mounting screws slightly and operate the brake lever until the switch and brake light operate correctly, tighten the screws and Bobs your uncle (if the switch has backed off from the lever the brake light will be permanently on).

Hope this helps.
Steve

cheers for that been having the same problem with my m900 ,
the search function can work occasionally :thumbsup: