PDA

View Full Version : Hello from New Member

jerry
15-05-2006, 09:47 PM
Hello guys and gals,

My name is jerry, I have a M750 2000 with Simoto cans and stage 2 tune and a 1997 M900 with full stage 3 tune Keihen FCR carbs ,etc.

Has anyone had any experience of using gasohol 10 in a ducati as in some countries regular unleaded fuel is now hard to get when touring.

cheers Jerry

Bodybag
15-05-2006, 10:05 PM
Got to say I've never heard of Gasohol 10 but I'm sure there's someone on here (probably jMo who lives in Brighton somewhere too) who'll be along shortly to help you out.

Phil

nealenet
15-05-2006, 10:21 PM
Hi Jerry
Sorry I can't help with your gasohol question but welcome anyway. Good to see another Brighton monster here. If you fancy a ride out one day give me the nod.

Simon

Pugi
15-05-2006, 10:39 PM
Never heard of gasohol either, but welcome never the less. I'm sure someone will have heard of it though, this place is a wealth of information....useful and not-necessarily-so-useful...

cassiopia
16-05-2006, 05:15 AM
Gasohol has been pretty rampant here in the states, dont have a clue about the 10 though. Its supposed to run cooler and should be fine in your bike. More to do with renewable energy than anything else though, and I rather like that.

eonan
16-05-2006, 06:42 AM
Hi Jerry, welcome mate. Hope to see you around :thumbsup:

MilesB
16-05-2006, 07:38 AM
Two :eyepopping: - anticipating needing a spare ?

Welcome Jerry, and as you are not too far from Kent, I'll look forward to seeing you around... we quite often run down to Brighton from Maidstone, and the Kent Mob have a group run down on Saturday 1st July, where we stuff ourselves on Donuts on the Pier :D

Keep an eye out in the Sussex, Surey, Kent and Hampshire sections for things going on locally.

Miles

Zimbo
16-05-2006, 08:39 PM
Courtesy of Google:

WHAT IS GASOHOL?
A mixture of 10 per cent ethanol and 90 per cent gasoline. All cars can run on up to 15 per cent ethanol, although it is not recommended for some snowmobiles and motorcycles.

Having siad that, if there's nothing else available, I'm sure your monster/s will run OK on Gasohol in the short term with no real problems.

Just out of interest, you say your M900 is stage 3 tuned, I'd be interested to hear what you've had done to it?

rossi
16-05-2006, 09:27 PM
welcome jerry. not to sure what Motion lotion your runing on ,can't say i've herd of that one.sounds like you have a nice pair of monsters though.

Tigerlily
19-05-2006, 11:48 AM
Hi Jerry, Welcome to the club!

I'm considering a visit to Brighton this year, so I might bump into you sometime :)

jerry
24-05-2006, 11:00 AM
[

Just out of interest, you say your M900 is stage 3 tuned, I'd be interested to hear what you've had done to it?[/QUOTE]

The M900 is dead it had FCR carbs , K&N filter ,termigionis, Barnett clutch and 944 kit, this bike is actually in Thailand where I am currently working , It has caught fire in a dealers workshop, I have swopped the remains for a 2001 S4 monster so am happy again although it is standard and too quiet , needs carbon cans . In future will do my own work on the bike like i do in UK.:cool:

The M750 is back in the UK all alone

Cheers jerry

jerry
24-05-2006, 11:02 AM
Hi people ,

I am crap at this posting thing so bear with me

jerry

Bodybag
24-05-2006, 11:11 AM
I have swopped the remains for a 2001 S4 monster so am happy again although it is standard and too quiet , needs carbon cans.

Have a look on eBay.co.uk for a user called "riders_bw". This is the parts department of Riders (Ducati) Bridgewater. They always have new Carbon High Level Termi full kits (cans, open airbox & filter and new ECU) for about half price! I got my S4 "noise adjustment kit" from there and was really impressed with the service and level of help they offered.

Phil