PDA

View Full Version : North West 200 weekend in Portrush-video now online

djkus
14-05-2006, 02:07 PM
Hi, myself and ricky went to portrush for the nw200 weekend.
met chappers on the friday morning.. then i had to go home for work.. only got to stay on the thu night..
anyway.. here is the vid of me and ricky enjoyin` the weekend..
note: not much bike content.. lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTTKpFhI_Vc

oh.. and for the record i was "not" beaten on the bike racing in the arcade..lol

anyone else there over the weekend?

Pugi
14-05-2006, 04:28 PM
Electrical chair? Flippin' idiots...

djkus
14-05-2006, 08:29 PM
note how i can cope with the electric a bit better than wee man.. probably coz he has less body to electrocute.. lol
plus.. i used to work servicing machines like that.. lol

Chappers
14-05-2006, 09:30 PM
Excellent footage there mate and really good to meet yourself (Paul) and Manwithredbike (Phil) :ukm:

djkus
14-05-2006, 09:49 PM
ok, .. u met me the day after the night before.. and i must admit i was a bit worse for wear.. couldnt even eat my fry! Yeah, was a good time, see u again sometime.

manwithredbike
14-05-2006, 10:25 PM
typical nw200 --"is there a bike race on here or sumfin. burp??" i was back in portrush on sat evening. came in by boat. watched the drunk poeple jumping into the harbour for a while then blasted round to the giant's causeway before heading back home bfore dark. good to meet you all - yourself, r1cky, and chappers. maybe organise a stay over next year. gotta get a go on that electric chair!!
ps the magherabuoy hotel are still looking foy £17.50 for food and beer !! lol

Chappers
14-05-2006, 10:36 PM
ps the magherabuoy hotel are still looking foy £17.50 for food and beer !! lol

Ricky failed to mention this until we were sitting outside the very same hotel drinking Magners with ice in the blazing sun on Sat - I couldn't drink that pint quick enough, was expecting the barman to come running out any minute demanding his money or had visions of us doing the washing up :shocked:

djkus
15-05-2006, 08:02 PM
its purely speculation regarding the missed payment for the meal.. dont worry, ill sort it next year..
electric chair was great fun.. i clearly win..

Darry
15-05-2006, 08:28 PM
Great vid... when will the English subtitled version be out? :mand:

djkus
15-05-2006, 09:03 PM
im afraid we cant get anyone to translate the norn iron speak to proper bo english... u could ask chappers there, but she couldnt understand me at all on the friday.. (apart from that text!. lol)

is it that bad??
:)

Chappers
15-05-2006, 09:27 PM
im afraid we cant get anyone to translate the norn iron speak to proper bo english... u could ask chappers there, but she couldnt understand me at all on the friday.. (apart from that text!. lol)

is it that bad??

Your accent was far more broader than wee ricky's and I really did struggle to understand ya :confused:

djkus
15-05-2006, 10:00 PM
i would have sworn rickys would have been harder to understand than mine, to me I can hear his accent.. its very strong to me..
anyway, hope u enjoyed it.
was annoyed i couldnt stay for the proper race on saturday but couldnt get it off work.

that plus id be booked into drink rehab on the sunday...

suprised u lot found anything to drink after us out on friday night. lol

Chappers
15-05-2006, 10:02 PM
suprised u lot found anything to drink after us out on friday night. lol

I stuck to Magners the whole time but Ricky was drinking that awful Buck whatever stuff :dizzy:

djkus
15-05-2006, 10:15 PM
buck fast? lol thats just the worst drink in the world and i cant beleive he bought it.
it all went wrong on thu night when we hit the vodka.. dont remember anything after that..
plan to stay off that next year..

Chappers
15-05-2006, 10:21 PM
I'm riding over next year and staying for 4 nights and defo won't be drinking that Buck fast stuff!

djkus
15-05-2006, 10:24 PM
yeah, cant beleieve u didnt bring ur helmet.. u must have walked up and down that road a lot is all i can think.

yeah, next year ill be there full weekend i think. ill maybe even bring things like a sleeping bag, and cloths. and not just decide 5 mins before leaving that im going...

Chappers
15-05-2006, 10:28 PM
I still rode Ricky's bike but only camp so never got out of 2nd gear but well chuffed as I haven't ridden a bike in ages and am slightly nervous about picking my new one up end of the week :cry:

Bodybag
15-05-2006, 10:34 PM
My action man had a tent that looked remarkably similar to the teeny tiny tent on the video. Not been able to find it for years. Now I know where it went!! :mand:

djkus
16-05-2006, 04:34 PM
yeah, it was a bit small. thankfully only i had to stay in it...
im 6ft2, but found plenty of room in it.. had all leathers and helmets and stuff in there too.
had ricky not had to go to work i dont quite no how we would have both fitted into it..
i went as a last minute thing.. didnt plan to go, then 5 mins after ricky phonin` me from belfast i was on my way to meet him.. so i didnt exactly come prepared..

was fine though

Darry
16-05-2006, 05:39 PM

is it that bad??

No don't worry, it's not that bad. Just an excuse to Have a go at Ricky :biggrin:

djkus
17-05-2006, 04:02 PM
no probs.
was a good laugh anyway.. he still aint seen the video.. or this thread, think his net is down at moment.

Chappers
17-05-2006, 04:22 PM
no probs.
was a good laugh anyway.. he still aint seen the video.. or this thread, think his net is down at moment.

He's at fat camp in Glasgow! He's logging on tonight around 7pm apparenlty.

ricky
17-05-2006, 06:08 PM
He's at fat camp in Glasgow! He's logging on tonight around 7pm apparenlty.
Aw cheers chappers!!! thanks for lettin the cat out of the bag!! im actually at a training camp in scotland for ten days and yes i am gettin thinner!!!! I kicked djkus's ass in everything that night, drinkin, bikes even the race up the motorway but he cant be human to have with stood that electric chair!!:freak: still havn't seen the video as this bloody computer dosnt support it!!:hissy:

djkus
17-05-2006, 10:31 PM
I kicked djkus's ass in everything that night, drinkin, bikes even the race up the motorway but he cant be human to have with stood that electric chair!

Drinkin: You were drinkin` buck fast early on in evening-in my mind you lose on this count alone! lol

Race up motorway: I won that race in between the bus and the lorry ;) ok ok.. u made it in between them too.. but it was close eh :)

Electric chair : I am obviously immune to powerfull electric shocks as you can all see.. i think its something to do with working in electronics and power supplys.. and the countless electric shocks ive had over the years :)

Plus u got to like electricity if you own a ducati eh ;)

Chappers
22-05-2006, 11:17 AM
Here's some piccies I took on my broken phone which very nearly left me in the poop whilst out there.

Chappers
22-05-2006, 11:19 AM
And then the wee Ricky thought it would be funny to take this pic...:chuckle:

ricky
22-05-2006, 07:37 PM
And then the wee Ricky thought it would be funny to take this pic...:chuckle:
Ive never heard anyone complain about the cold so much in my life!!! :Furious: 2am and i get a nudge 'ricky im fffreeeezzzinnnngg' So i sung a robbie williams song which everyone really appreciated!:woot: :fou: At 3am it was 'im never :Furious: camping again!' :woot: Well i had fun!