PDA

View Full Version : Need help Misfiring

Boon
13-05-2006, 09:21 PM
My S4R is ill not well at all its misfiring a lot now my bike has a Powercomander on it and I dont think any one has messed with it So I just have no Clue whats up:dizzy: .it has done 9K ish mils and has had all its servicing.
Can any one Help

Scotty
13-05-2006, 11:07 PM
have a look at the coils that sit on top of spark plugs make sure there dry

Gilps
14-05-2006, 07:27 AM
In my limited experience there are normally 2 things that cause a backfire, running too lean or a hole/leak in the exhaust. Its easy to check for leaks in the exhaust so do that first. Then if that doesn't fix it I woud take it into one the approved Dyno centres and get it dyno'd. Did you get the PC set up professionally or did you fit it yourself and use an existing map?

Boon
14-05-2006, 07:37 AM
have a look at the coils that sit on top of spark plugs make sure there dry

thay are dry thanx for your in put

Boon
14-05-2006, 07:45 AM
In my limited experience there are normally 2 things that cause a backfire, running too lean or a hole/leak in the exhaust. Its easy to check for leaks in the exhaust so do that first. Then if that doesn't fix it I woud take it into one the approved Dyno centres and get it dyno'd. Did you get the PC set up professionally or did you fit it yourself and use an existing map?

the bike is only 05 the year that is No gaps in the exhaust I wish it was that simple ! The Powercomander was fited and maped by JHP.
My bike is still under warranty But whant to sort it my self as JHP take a long time to fix problems as thay are always busy:cry:

But thanx for your advice

Scotty
14-05-2006, 07:58 AM
i once had a missfire that was traced to some crud in the fuel lines

stuartg
14-05-2006, 08:40 AM
the bike is only 05 the year that is No gaps in the exhaust I wish it was that simple ! The Powercomander was fited and maped by JHP.
My bike is still under warranty But whant to sort it my self as JHP take a long time to fix problems as thay are always busy:cry:

But thanx for your advice

Have you tried unplugging the power commander ?

benson
14-05-2006, 10:04 AM
That's what I would have said too - un plug the Powercommander and see how it runs wihtout it - hope it works!!!