PDA

View Full Version : How Much?!?!?!?

Bodybag
12-05-2006, 03:12 PM
Came across a link by chance to Silverstone this afternoon. Thought to myself, "I wonder how much a ticket is for the F1?"

"FAKKIN ELL!" was the muted response.

Is it me or is £99 for the basic ticket bloody extortionate?!

McMONSTRO
12-05-2006, 03:40 PM
And that will be to stand on a patch of grass the size of a napkin all day and see not a lot! A seat will be double that! Probably cheaper to go to one of the european F1 rounds.
Moto GP at Jerez cost me 70 euros for a reserved grandstand seat for all 3 days!
Donington GP was £55 last year on the sunday...mmmmm

McMonstro

lord vader
12-05-2006, 04:56 PM
I was gobsmakked by the price a couple of years ago when looking for a pressie for me old man, ended up paying about £40 for Goodwood FOS. since then been every year. Its for anyone enthused by speed be it a Jenson in his Bar honda or Stirling moss in his w124 lemans merc, Agostini and Hill on Nortons, Foggy or the Long Way round boys. Not only that it is so in your face that i have met most of the above over the last few years and more to boot. They litterally just walk in and out of the paddock with you and you can turn around and walk into anyone from Clarkson to Foggy with just as much regularity as meeting someone in Tesco's. Also all the vehicles there are set out in the paddock s so that you can just walk right up to them and ask the mechanics what you want before you watch them burn up the hill at full pelt.

sjr999r
12-05-2006, 05:50 PM
My mum and dad went to Monte carlo to watch the F1 in 1997 for there wedding aniversay......eurostar and seats on the seafront including all the support races,cheaper than a weekend at Sliverstone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bod
12-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Mate at work went to monte carlo for the day to watch GP afew years back.
£1200!!!!!!! FOR A DAY