PDA

View Full Version : GEMS Sun 11th June

Lady-Bob
12-05-2006, 11:05 AM
Hi ya...

I have been arranging with Benson to meet her at the Black Prince Holiday Inn car park on the A2 at 09.00 hrs on Sunday 11th June 2006

http://ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?p=164655#post164655

I will then be leading her down to the Oakdene for a quick brekkie and meet up with Albie & Caroline before heading down to Paddock Wood for GEMS... where I believe Julie, GaryT and Scrapps will already be there.

If anyone would like to meet with me either at the Holiday Inn car park or at the Oakdene, please let me know ad add your name to the list below.

Weather is usually fine that weekend. Up to you to come by car for those large purchases or by bike!

It would be good to see you there

If you just want to meet for breakfast at the Oakdene that would be ok as well!

Holiday Inn:

Lady-Bob
Benson

Oakdene:

Albie & Caroline
Nik The Brief

Breakfast at Oakdene only:

nik_the_brief
12-05-2006, 11:20 AM
Oakdene:

Albie & Caroline
Nik the Brief (who plans to have his new Monster by then!)

Lady-Bob
12-05-2006, 11:49 AM
Oakdene:

Ooooh! tell me more NTB :thumbsup:

GULLY
12-05-2006, 10:32 PM
Oakdene:

Albie & Caroline

and gully:biggrin:

Lady-Bob
12-05-2006, 10:35 PM
Holiday Inn:

Oakdene:
Lady-Bob
Benson
Albie & Caroline
Nik The Brief

Albie
12-05-2006, 10:45 PM
Holiday Inn:

Oakdene:
Lady-Bob
Benson
Albie & Caroline
Nik The Brief
Gully

col
13-05-2006, 09:17 AM
:tgoe:
Holiday Inn:

Oakdene:
Lady-Bob
Benson
Albie & Caroline
Nik The Brief
Gully
col (can i have my t-shirt please?:cry: )

Lady-Bob
13-05-2006, 02:34 PM
col (can i have my t-shirt please?:cry: )

I'll bring it with me hun x

Lady-Bob
26-05-2006, 10:34 PM
To recap....

Scrapps & James, Julie (& Ruth??) Mand and GaryT will be at Gems

Oakdene:
Lady-Bob
Benson
Albie & Caroline
Nik The Brief
Gully
col
Paivi
Bobob??

JamesH to meet us at GEMS

Lady-Bob
05-06-2006, 07:03 AM
Those coming from London, please check day on teletext etc., before riding. down.

After chatting with GaryT who lives close to Dartford Tunnel it would appear that both tunnels will be closed. All articulateds being routed anti-clockwise on the M25 to get Sarf of the river with cars and bikes - I think - going over the QE2 Bridge

BUT

(and I've always got a big but! :mand: )

Northbound cars and bikes etc are going to be re-routed via blackwall tunnel.

It's gonna be a nightmare on that route unless you go an alternative way.

I think the shinnanigans start about 6.30 AM but not sure when they finish.

It seems it's a "dummy run" for emergency tunnel closures. But I reckon the delays & congestion will push on into late afternoon???? :cry:

gary tompkins
05-06-2006, 07:51 AM
Was hoping to post a weblink to this but newspaper article had squat, although you could try the KM news website at www.kentonline.co.uk/news

Lowdown from Kent Messenger article on Sunday is as follows....

BOTH tunnels will be closed between 1am & 6am on Sunday the 11th June, as part of a disaster planning exercise (operation Orpheus) involving over 700 people from the Kent & Essex emergency services.

HGV's will be diverted all the way anticlockwise on the M25 to get into Essex, where as other traffic will be diverted via the A2/Blackwall tunnel & A13 to get back to the M25 on the Essex side.

I'm sure it'll will take the ensuing traffic chaos a while to settle down after the operation finishes at 6am, so it's something to plan for if your heading to GEMS from that side (north) of the river.

The QE2 bridge will be running south as normal - so expect queues there too :rolleyes:, or the other option is to come Saturday and avoid hassle?

nik_the_brief
05-06-2006, 08:29 AM
Or to live waaay south of that there London place and not have the hassle (except when the French are on strike and they're mounting Operation Stack). :mand:

Lady-Bob
10-06-2006, 11:11 AM
Ok, since we are all meeting at the Oakdene, I'll see you all at the Oakdene at 09.30am

Oakdene:
Lady-Bob
Benson
Albie & Caroline
Nik The Brief
Gully
col
Paivi
Bobob??

No-one has pm'd me to meet anywhere else. Bobob has my mobile number as does Benson.

I will log into the forum at about 9pm tonight just to check last minute posts/pms but I will not be on the forum tomorrow.

Forecasters reckon 29 degrees tomorrow so bring a hat and sun block. I know I'm still suffering from Mallory!

Suggest an hour for brekkie and for latecomers to catch up and then we'll head off to GEMS. For thos of you who are comng via other routes (JMo etc?)

Perhaps we could aim to meet at the NABD stall, where Gary T, is at about 1pm to say hello and think about a spot of lunch under a shady tree somewhere?

Albie
10-06-2006, 01:54 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, since we are all meeting at the Oakdene, I'll see you all at the Oakdene at 09.30am

Oakdene:
Lady-Bob
Benson
Albie & Kimi not Caroline.
Nik The Brief
Gully
col
Paivi
Bobob??

No-one has pm'd me to meet anywhere else. Bobob has my mobile number as does Benson.

I will log into the forum at about 9pm tonight just to check last minute posts/pms but I will not be on the forum tomorrow.

Forecasters reckon 29 degrees tomorrow so bring a hat and sun block. I know I'm still suffering from Mallory!

Suggest an hour for brekkie and for latecomers to catch up and then we'll head off to GEMS. For thos of you who are comng via other routes (JMo etc?)

Perhaps we could aim to meet at the NABD stall, where Gary T, is at about 1pm to say hello and think about a spot of lunch under a shady tree somewhere?

Albie will only be going to Oakdene with Kimi but will ride to Hop Farm and then go home as Kimi has got to be at work for 2.

Duc, sequere, aut de via decede

benson
10-06-2006, 03:11 PM
I probably won't make it as i am working ridiculous hours at the moment given our mega big inspection - if I can make it for brekkie I'll be there but i feel it will be a day in the office for me!!!!:cry: :cry: :cry:

nik_the_brief
10-06-2006, 03:54 PM
9.30's a bit bleedin' early for a Sunday but I'll try and get there for 10 or so. Time for a quick bacon sandwich (they'll have run out of rolls by then) and a cuppa before we leave I hope.

See ya tomorrow guys n gals

Mand
10-06-2006, 04:18 PM
To recap....

Scrapps & James, Julie (& Ruth??) Mand and GaryT will be at Gems

Oakdene:
Lady-Bob
Benson
Albie & Caroline
Nik The Brief
Gully
col
Paivi
Bobob??

Not me ma'am! Not sure where you got that idea from?

Albie
10-06-2006, 06:07 PM
I think that should read Me and Gary T

Lady-Bob
10-06-2006, 08:48 PM
I think that should read Me and Gary T

Albie... I'm confused now... I thought you said You and Kimi will be meeting us for brekkie (remember we spoke whether or not you wanted to lead in to Paddock Wood?)

STU65
11-06-2006, 06:00 AM
Have a great run today, I was hoping to come down but I've messed up dates.

See you all next time round.

col
11-06-2006, 06:50 AM
Sorry i cant make it today.
:spin: Hope you all have a good day out.
Col:moto:

GULLY
11-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Hi guys
Thanks for a great day out :mand:
picked up some great bargains, a new lid and a jacket. The bike show was really good and looking forward to next years.
see you all soon
Gully

benson
11-06-2006, 07:04 PM
Hope you all had fun and aren't too burnt!!! I have escaped the work thing and am settling down to watch Portugal thrash Angola...Well done for shopping - I am glad someone was able to part with their cash even if I couldn't!!!

Hope to see you soon -

Rachel
xxx

nik_the_brief
11-06-2006, 07:44 PM
You got a jacket in the end then! Nice one.

I too have a nice shiny helmet (fnar fnar).

Shame the weather was so awful eh, had to spend all afternoon on the beach - tis a hard life.

scrapps
11-06-2006, 08:14 PM
Hi peeps it was good to see you all at show and glad you got some bargins, i got jimbo a jacket and a tail pack and a few bling bits for the bike. :mand: ]
spent more than i should have :banghead: but thats why we go.(ps the renagades tent was a good result...)

Albie
11-06-2006, 08:42 PM
Sorry I missed out but had other things to do . Kim enjoyed meeting you all and we had a country lane ride back home. Got indoors about 1. Glad you all got pressies. See you all saturday and talk soon.

gary tompkins
12-06-2006, 08:41 PM
Sorry I didn't get much time to chat when you visited stall, but Brian Tarbox had just arrived to do an interview with me for MCM. Hope you all enjoyed the show and shopping for goodies despite the heat. I'm not good at dealing with really hot weather and it really floored me in the end. In fact I had to jump on the trike & leave for home home early with a thumping head & dodgy tummy, leaving the NABD faithfull to finish packing down our stall :(

Still not feelling 100% today TBH

Catch you all soon

Lady-Bob
13-06-2006, 12:33 PM
It was hotter in the tents than out of them!

Hope you're feeling better soon GT.

Scrapps - thanks for filling us in on the Renegade tent. We went back there to get more refreshments and a long sit in the shade. They weren't a bad lot there and happy to sell us lager ad cola for a bargain price!

I GOT MY BOOTS (hurraaaaaayyy!)

Brilliant to meet with Paivi. Nice to see another lady on the front end rather than the back!

Gully bought a jacket and lid that really looked good. At a killer of a price too! :flag:

Good job Stewart was there with the car or we would never have got it all home !!

Paivi
13-06-2006, 08:33 PM
Good to meet you guys, although I've already forgotten whom I met...Lady-Bob and a few handsome fellas.

Must come down to Kent more often, seriously impressive scenery there!

Blimey, was it hot or what, though! Was impressed with my summer leathers (maiden run) and North Face base pants, as was nice and cool during the ride. Only got a couple of T-shirts, as did all my big shopping just last weekend at GirlsBike2 in Hitchin.

GULLY
13-06-2006, 08:49 PM
It was hotter in the tents than out of them!

Hope you're feeling better soon GT.

Scrapps - thanks for filling us in on the Renegade tent. We went back there to get more refreshments and a long sit in the shade. They weren't a bad lot there and happy to sell us lager ad cola for a bargain price!

I GOT MY BOOTS (hurraaaaaayyy!)

Brilliant to meet with Paivi. Nice to see another lady on the front end rather than the back!

Gully bought a jacket and lid that really looked good. At a killer of a price too! :flag:

Good job Stewart was there with the car or we would never have got it all home !!
Thanks for taking my kit on sunday.
it would have been a bit dodgy on the bike:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
There was some great deals at the show, well happy
Gully

there was some good deals to be found

GULLY
13-06-2006, 09:00 PM
Good to meet you guys, although I've already forgotten whom I met...Lady-Bob and a few handsome fellas.

Blimey, was it hot or what, though! Was impressed with my summer leathers (maiden run) and North Face base pants, as was nice and cool during the ride. Only got a couple of T-shirts, as did all my big shopping just last weekend at GirlsBike2 in Hitchin.
Hi Paivi
great to meet you on sunday,sorry we did not talk to much.
hope you had a good day
Gully:mand:

Paivi
13-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Hi Paivi
great to meet you on sunday,sorry we did not talk to much.
hope you had a good day
Gully:mand:
Were you the one who was determined not to leave without a new lid and a jacket? Or the one who had already bought one by the time we had lunch?

MilesB
13-06-2006, 09:37 PM

You could try and make the Bar-B-Q this Saturday?

GULLY
13-06-2006, 10:29 PM
Were you the one who was determined not to leave without a new lid and a jacket? Or the one who had already bought one by the time we had lunch?
The determined one with the yellow and navy socks.:mand:

nik_the_brief
14-06-2006, 09:26 AM
T'was me who had my lid before lunchtime Paivi - was a pleasure to meet you as well. Phew what a scorcher though - to coin a phrase.

Glad you made it south of the river despite the Dratford Tunnel exercise.

Lady-Bob
14-06-2006, 10:48 AM
Let's not forget that JamesH made the effort to pop up and join us.

(He was the one that spilt tomato sauce down his Dianese shirt!! :eek:

scrapps
14-06-2006, 11:58 AM
was good to meet you at gems did not get chance to have a good chat but will be sure to talk more when we get chance to meet again. hope you had good ride back :mand:

Paivi
14-06-2006, 03:20 PM
Ah, now I know who the handsome devils were! :)

Ride home was uneventful, some people tried to race me (usually guys in cars) but I wouldn't play, how boring! And only 70bhp...

Sorry, Miles, can't do the BBQ: the Duchess is getting new handlebars, and I've got a full day ahead, as I'm doing a Ladies ride-out on another forum on Sunday. :cool:

Albie
14-06-2006, 09:11 PM
I only turned up at entrance as I had promised a ride and had to take Kimi back for work. Seems like you all had great fun though.:mand: