PDA

View Full Version : Essex 'chapter'

jill
12-05-2006, 09:44 AM
Hello

With all this talk about t-shirts for all the other counties, who else is based in Essex? Not Greater London, not 'over the water', not the home counties, not oop narf.

I'm talking Bas-vagas, the A12, Soufend, Burberry, base-ball caps, bling and Max Powered Peugots, the world's greatest concentration of chavs - just some of the s hit we have to deal with.

Anyone?

Jill

bignj
12-05-2006, 11:13 AM
Hi Jill

A monster from Colchester here! About as far north as you can get without speaking with a funny accent and a piece of straw between your teeth!

DesmoDog
12-05-2006, 11:35 AM
someone finally said the C word. well that just about says it all. i'll go polish my horns now.

MilesB
12-05-2006, 11:44 AM
Hello

With all this talk about t-shirts for all the other counties, who else is based in Essex? ...
I'm talking Bas-vagas, the A12, Soufend, Burberry, base-ball caps, bling and Max Powered Peugots, the world's greatest concentration of chavs - just some of the s hit we have to deal with.

Try here
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=16808
:chuckle:

Seriously, I'm sure Benson will get onto it as soon as London has been sorted.

jill
12-05-2006, 12:24 PM
I, for one, would love the Burberry one. :chuckle:

Or perhaps a white stiletto with Burberry lining, with the UKMOC logo on the side. Lovely.

bignj
12-05-2006, 01:11 PM
someone finally said the C word. well that just about says it all. i'll go polish my horns now.

Desmo, does that mean if we were to meet I should leave the Col U t-shirt at home?

benson
12-05-2006, 02:41 PM
HELLO ESSEX!!!!!:yoparty: :woot: :yoparty: :woot:

Yes indeed - the Burberry Monster Chapter are a live and kicking and I guess hankering after a t shirt - I have to say that I love the essex key ring - even though it was in jest I think it has a certain quality - IF anyone wants one we need at least 8 to get them cheap or it's a case of buying iron on transfers from Office World and printing them out ourselves!!!:look:

Meanhile we could of course have the shield in Burberry - a la Kent mob with their lovely horse, the london lot with the sky line and essex - perhaps the county sign on a sheld of not red but that synonymous check!!!

ANYWAY - Jill - check out the Essex thread - there are a few of us - Colchester way and Chelmsford - and now it's a bit wramer a regular night might be a good thing - pity you missed our Sarfend chip run the other weekend - we'll have to have another one!!!!

MilesB
12-05-2006, 02:57 PM
Or perhaps a white stiletto with Burberry lining, with the UKMOC logo on the side. Lovely.
That's Class ;)

Moley
12-05-2006, 03:07 PM
Hi Jill,
Essex Boy

jill
12-05-2006, 03:18 PM
Benson

Thanks. I very nearly came on the Sarfend rideout but I had an assignment to finish for my course. Next one, I'll definitely be there, I live five minutes from the M25/A12 junction!

If we have to print the t-shirts ourselves, I want something appropriate to wear to the trackday (Mallory Park).

MileB - yes indeed, I am class personified!

Jill

jill
12-05-2006, 03:20 PM
Hi Moley

Ah Chelmsford, where I failed my bike test 2 times. Thank you Dennis with the big nose.

Beware, I'll be riding up to Little Baddow on Sunday. If you see a Monster with a line of cars behind it, it'll be me...bimble-ing.

So that makes four.

slob
12-05-2006, 03:39 PM
Hi Moley

Ah Chelmsford, where I failed my bike test 2 times. Thank you Dennis with the big nose.

Beware, I'll be riding up to Little Baddow on Sunday. If you see a Monster with a line of cars behind it, it'll be me...bimble-ing.

So that makes four.
Corse shield with thee scimitars a-la Essex County Cricket thang?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/sport/images/club_badges/large_essexbadge.gif

jill
12-05-2006, 03:49 PM
With a Burberry background, natch. My Photoshop isn't playing ball. I'll have a go next week.

bignj
12-05-2006, 03:50 PM
The three Scimitars is a good shout, those on the shield with UKMOC Essex would be great.

I'll have a couple!!

benson
12-05-2006, 04:28 PM
Oh yes yes yes!!! The scimitars and the burberry and the corse shield - HAS to be done! I will grovel to Bob (Kent rep) to see if her printer would do the job unless anyone else knows anyone printer-y!!!:fiery:

Jill - sorry we didn't see you at the chip run!!! :dizzy: We will do it again!!!

I'm not around for the enxt couple of weekends - BUT on May 27th -Saturday I think - it's the open day at DWR racing in Aylesbury - lots of Monsters and a fine garage too!!! If you want to ride over I'll be going at a civilised hour on the Saturday and I'm a few exits round the M25 from you near Epping!!!

ANYWAY - ride safe, bimble with pride on your monster and hope to see you soon!!!!!

Rachel

slob
12-05-2006, 04:37 PM
Oh yes yes yes!!! The scimitars and the burberry and the corse shield - HAS to be done! I will grovel to Bob (Kent rep) to see if her printer would do the job unless anyone else knows anyone printer-y!!!:fiery:

Jill - sorry we didn't see you at the chip run!!! :dizzy: We will do it again!!!

I'm not around for the enxt couple of weekends - BUT on May 27th -Saturday I think - it's the open day at DWR racing in Aylesbury - lots of Monsters and a fine garage too!!! If you want to ride over I'll be going at a civilised hour on the Saturday and I'm a few exits round the M25 from you near Epping!!!

ANYWAY - ride safe, bimble with pride on your monster and hope to see you soon!!!!!

Rachel

As I said on the London T-Sirts thread, I'm talking to my 'shirt guy' at the moment. I'm just waiting for Marchesini to get back to me with a .EPS file rather than a .JPG

DesmoDog
12-05-2006, 07:03 PM
Desmo, does that mean if we were to meet I should leave the Col U t-shirt at home?

Mate, is that some sort of comedy Southern play on words because you've lost me.

Joking aside, it's good that everyone will be able to identify by regions. God knows everything else has become uniform around here.

Moley
13-05-2006, 07:23 AM
Hi Jill,
I did my test at Chelmsford. Are we talking about the same guy, fairly tall, slim and a white BMW. What did he fail you on? I didn't do my test on a Monster, not sure I could do a U turn on it anyway!

blueguzzi
13-05-2006, 11:20 PM
Hi there
One Essex boy Reporting in.
Blue 900ie with interesting paint.
Hadleigh. About 5 miles from sarfend and 10 from BasVegas.
ttfn
H

benson
13-05-2006, 11:58 PM
Helloo blueG! We met up at Sarfend didn' we? Anyway - hope you're OK & have enjoyed the sunshine of late! Hope to be arranging some more meets sooon - take it easy and make sure you get your order in for that Essex t shirt - real class!!!!!:roger: :dizzy: :roger: :dizzy:

slob
14-05-2006, 07:16 AM
Hey Hugh,
glad you made it back from Assen OK,
hope you didn't get any nicking from Dutch plod or run out of petrol without that speedo cable,
CYA

jill
14-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Hi all

(Sorry for delay in reply, I only usually go online during work! Shh.)

Moley - yep, sounds like him. He was a very nice chap, very tall, grey hair, BIG nose. And he was quite right to fail me twice - foot down on U-turn and umm, foot down on U-turn. The second time was annoying, because I was pretty good at them by then. Passed third time in Hornchurch after hiring a bike and doing about 1000 u-turns in a day until I could do one within a parking space. Can't do one at all now!

Benson

Yes, I'll be up for another run to Sarfend. I think I'm free on 27th for Aylesbury, I'll keep an eye out in 'events'. Bike currently awaiting bits to be put back together.

Nice to see all the Essex people. I don't think I've seen a Monster around here apart from mine.

Cheers
Jill

benson
14-05-2006, 05:37 PM
Hi Jill - the 27th it is then!!! Should be a good day - I'll post the threads...

Meanwhile have a good week - I'm hoping to go for a run out sometime in the week if the weather holds - I'll post it up to see if anyone else wants to play out!

Maybe more chips at the seaside???:biggrin:

jill
14-05-2006, 05:46 PM
Okey dokey Benson!

If my 'bits' come (rearsets and tail tidy thingy) and my mechanic/boyfriend puts it all back together, I should be back up and running at some point this week. What with the long evenings.

NB: If you see a Monster flanked by two green Kawasaki's, it'll be me and my two minders, boyfriend and his friend, who like to 'keep me safe'. Ahhh.

From the monster-jam in a kawasaki-bread sandwich!
jill

benson
14-05-2006, 05:50 PM
Grand - enjoy being a sandwich!!!:ukm:

STU65
14-05-2006, 09:14 PM
Hi Jill, good to hear from another Essex Monster rider.

An evening meet would be good. Some of the Essex group use to go upto to Great Bentley. I'm not sure what evening I know Moley went up there. I think it was a Thursday.

See on one of the ride outs.

benson
14-05-2006, 09:27 PM
Yeah I went there a few times - think it was the Wednesday from what I remember - been to look on the BMF web site and it's not confirmed this year as of yet - seems a few of the old places I used to go are no more either!!!

So - let's put our thinking hats on and work out a place to meet up maybe every month or couple of weeks - if nothing more than for a cuppa and a natter and somewhere where we've all had a ride to get to...

bignj
15-05-2006, 07:32 AM
Hi

Gt Bentley is on Wednesday evenings, it started a couple of weeks ago, not been yet, but hope to start getting there on a regular basis now the evenings are getting longer.

jill
15-05-2006, 08:19 AM
Hello

Is that Great Bentley east of Colchester? (See http://tinyurl.com/oj3ue )

Jill

bignj
15-05-2006, 10:44 AM
Couldn't open the link, but yes, half way between Colchester and Clacton.

Moley has been over a couple of times, I think he comes via the pretty route and avoids the A12/A120 from Chelmsford.

benson
15-05-2006, 11:30 AM
Let's go for a Great Bentley evening then - what about next week if the weather is good??? I'll post it in the events section - hurrah!!!!

Moley
15-05-2006, 05:23 PM
Wednesday 24th sounds good.
Rob & I have taken the back road route from Chelmsford, through Hatfield Peveral, Heybridge Maldon, Tiptree and Colchester a few times. Not a bad run.

blueguzzi
15-05-2006, 09:21 PM
Hey Hugh,
glad you made it back from Assen OK,
hope you didn't get any nicking from Dutch plod or run out of petrol without that speedo cable,
CYA

Wellllll I made it back, but not without the greatly appreciated assistance of the Desmo Due Race teams who stopped to Help after I had a breakdown on the motorway just into Belgium!!!
One phone call to a DSC member who I new was on the way back from Assen in a van and I soon had 3 vans & 5 Desmo Due race bikes to nick bits off and many helpers.
turned out it was the fuel pump relay had failed, so borrowed one of a DD bike to get me going.
Like I say much appreciated help in hour of need.

cu all for chips in sarfend sometime
cheers
H:dizzy:

benson
15-05-2006, 09:52 PM
Hey Hugh - hope to see you again soon - glad you got home safe and sound!!!