PDA

View Full Version : Ducati gate opener?

Pugi
10-05-2006, 11:43 PM
They manufacture what?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ducati-Remote-Control-Electric-Gates-Opener_W0QQitemZ6057017642QQcategoryZ20589QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Shandy
11-05-2006, 06:50 AM
Did they have a spare 5 minutes in the factory or something?????

Be warned if someone in middle england asks if you want to see their Ducati they may not be talking about a motorbike!!!!

Cheers,

Shandy

MilesB
11-05-2006, 08:16 AM
That's no Ducati font I've ever seen before :scratch:
It's a lot of money for a remote and a couple of actuators.

lord vader
11-05-2006, 09:12 AM
Go on Open he up and see what she'll do!

MotoNik
11-05-2006, 04:31 PM
Could be made by Ducati Electronica - they're what was the original company that made radios and stuff before they branched out in to making scooter engines, and the bike side of things became a separate company (which is where "Ducati Meccanica came from).

There is still a factory, just down the road from the bikes, at the end of Via Antonia Cavalieri, for those of you that happen to visit Bologna. I had a feeling that they made electronic components and not garage door openers, but there we go. It's probably someone cashing in on the name.

Nik

Pugi
11-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Could be made by Ducati Electronica - they're what was the original company that made radios and stuff before they branched out in to making scooter engines, and the bike side of things became a separate company (which is where "Ducati Meccanica came from).

There is still a factory, just down the road from the bikes, at the end of Via Antonia Cavalieri, for those of you that happen to visit Bologna. I had a feeling that they made electronic components and not garage door openers, but there we go. It's probably someone cashing in on the name.

Nik

Ahh...yes, I remember someone selling an antique Ducati radio on eBay a while ago. From the time before the bikes. I think the old crock of a receiver ended up selling at around 100 quid!