PDA

View Full Version : new boy

rossi
10-05-2006, 11:24 PM
hello out there ,i have just made the switch from fast bits of plastic for a nice black 96 900 monster.I am in the cambridge area.as i am new to the ducati is there anything to be aware of with the bike auther than the belts?
would be nice to see some moore monsters round these parts not to many about.

lord vader
10-05-2006, 11:30 PM
Welcome Rossi, hope you enjoy yer new toy and what a superb choice in colour or lack of it.
You will find the Dark Side small yet powerfull here.
There are loads of really useful and informed people here who will astound you with the knowledge of your Bike. I'm not one of those but i do hope you love your Monster as much as i do.:thumbsup:

Pugi
10-05-2006, 11:40 PM
Welcome. I reckon valve clearances should be mentioned, but others will know more. Otherwise you just change pieces as you go along and add bling. :cool:

Zimbo
10-05-2006, 11:45 PM
Welcome Rossi!
Not too much to be aware of, the belts need to be correctly tensioned and should be replaced at least every 2 years / 12000 miles, and the valve clearances should be checked every 6000. Other than that it's oil and filter every now and then (i do mine every 3000) and general maintenance. Check the rose joints (tie rod ends attaching the rear suspension hoop to the swinging arm) aren't siezed up, the rest is just common sense.

rossi
10-05-2006, 11:45 PM
many thanks lord vader,the force seems to be quite strong with this one,it's been fitted with a few bolt on goodies.k&n filter /dyno jetted /55mm termi full system/adjustable forks/320mm brembo disc,s/shortend back end,and moore it's the best thing i've riden Yet.should have terned to the dark side adges ago!

rossi
10-05-2006, 11:51 PM
Welcome Rossi!
Not too much to be aware of, the belts need to be correctly tensioned and should be replaced at least every 2 years / 12000 miles, and the valve clearances should be checked every 6000. Other than that it's oil and filter every now and then (i do mine every 3000) and general maintenance. Check the rose joints (tie rod ends attaching the rear suspension hoop to the swinging arm) aren't siezed up, the rest is just common sense.
I just changed the belts and whent for the allen key method of tensioning,valve clearances were next on the list.what method of tensioning do you use?

Zimbo
11-05-2006, 12:18 AM
I use the Allen key method too, works just fine.

Pedro
11-05-2006, 07:35 AM
One more useful mod, paint it RED!!

Red ones are faster.....

:chuckle:

Welcome btw!

Ped

Shandy
11-05-2006, 07:46 AM
Welcome to the club rossi :spin:

Red ones are faster.....

Welcome btw!

Ped

Now come on Pedro we all know yellows the best colour on the planet....:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Shandy

eonan
11-05-2006, 07:56 AM
Hi there Rossi :thumbsup:

dazzi-b
11-05-2006, 07:57 AM

Red ones are faster.....

Welcome btw!

Ped

..............they need to be to keep up with the yellow ones :mand:

Welcome to the club.

A super choice of bike. I love my 900 and wouldn't part with it :thumbsup:

Chappers
11-05-2006, 10:30 AM
I thought you lived in Cambridge as in Cambridgeshire for a moment but noticed in your profile that you're from Carmarthenshire, so I agree there's not many down there...Desmodom that's it I think.

There did used to be a nice couple down there called Penelopepitstop and Jed I think who had matching S2R's but don't know what's happened to them :worried:

MilesB
11-05-2006, 11:30 AM
I thought you lived in Cambridge as in Cambridgeshire for a moment but noticed in your profile that you're from Carmarthenshire, so I agree there's not many down there...
According to my map, there's a two Cambridges in Britain - and neither are in Camarthenshire :confused: :scratch:
Where are you?

Chappers
11-05-2006, 11:39 AM
So I wasn't just being dumb then? :scratch:

According to my map, there's a two Cambridges in Britain - and neither are in Camarthenshire :confused: :scratch:
Where are you?

Spud
11-05-2006, 07:50 PM
If i can just make myself heard over our new geography discussion group!:worried:

Welcome Rossi, especially if you are in the Cambridge vicinity - as you rightly say we're a rare breed

Look forward to seeing you out and about

Lady-Bob
12-05-2006, 12:46 PM
So I wasn't just being dumb then? :scratch:

Makes a change there then !!!! :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Welcome newbie ;)

rossi
13-05-2006, 08:15 PM
nice to know there are plenty of freindly peple out there,Hi spud i am in a small vilage caled balsham just the auther side of cambridge.(cambridgeshire).

scrapps
13-05-2006, 08:43 PM
Hi ya and welcome to the mad house:didge: :chuckle:

Spud
14-05-2006, 10:30 AM
nice to know there are plenty of freindly peple out there,Hi spud i am in a small vilage caled balsham just the auther side of cambridge.(cambridgeshire).

Cool, not far away at all. Once I'm back on my bike (only a week to go), I think we need to get the Cambs contingent together. I haven't really met anybody yet.

benson
14-05-2006, 11:02 AM
Hi there Rossi - hope you do well in Shanghai later on!:dizzy:

Meanwhile there are a goodly few of us between Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex and London who tend to bimble out a fair bit, with the occasional hoon, for chips, visits to the seasdie, tea, old lady scaring and of course cake - watch the region threads and if you're free come to the MAD weekender in Leeds (ok so not local but a good laugh it will be!) or the BMF (more local) or the garden of England Show (sarf of da river in Kent) - lots gloing on and hope to see you soon!!!

Benson:flag:

rossi
15-05-2006, 12:11 AM
sounds good,will be going to the bmf next weekend,might bump in to somemoore monster's and see what goodies are about.

Chappers
15-05-2006, 12:22 AM
I believe Red and Bladerunner will be attending the BMF on Sunday, they live in Sawtry on the A1 but I can't go as I'm working :banghead:

Also, very shortly I'll be riding over every Wednesday evening to Sawtry to hook up with Red, Bladerunner, possibly Spud and Will to ride over to Chelveston - so keep your eyes peeled for relevant posts.

You gonna ride over with Red and Bladerunner for the DWR Open Day on Saturday 27th May (Aylesbury)?

Red
15-05-2006, 11:21 PM
Yes we mosts certainly are going to the BMF the more the merrier, meeting up at the showground with Sawtry bike club members that have overnighted there probably about 10-10.30 ish

Jane
16-05-2006, 05:40 PM
Helo and welcome, I'm from St Neots myself and will be at the BMF this weekend camping, as we do every year!

rossi
16-05-2006, 10:40 PM
I hope it stays dry unlike last year ,chucked it down saterday but atleast it was ok on sunday.not as bad as donington park at the gp though.i had to ring my pants out after the ride home from that one!whoops i bit to much imformation there sorry.