PDA

View Full Version : This is what hit me!!

ricky
08-05-2006, 06:05 PM
This is what the 'smart' car (contradiction or what?) looked like after hittin my bike tyre and after the bumper was put back on!! :D I thank the bike gods above us (or below) that it was the most pathetic excuse for a car there is that hit me!:hail:

Albie
08-05-2006, 06:41 PM
Not very strong then. Good job else you would have had more damage to you or bike. How Ireland then. Is it raining.??

bigredduke
08-05-2006, 06:42 PM
Does SMART stand for 'such mingingly abysmal rotten transport'?

CK & AK
08-05-2006, 06:55 PM
Does SMART stand for 'such mingingly abysmal rotten transport'?

NO, I have one and its a great little town car, £75 for a years tax, leaves me room to get past it in the front garden to get the bike in & out of the garage and its also v cheap to insure & run too.

you get as many prats in cars, as you do on bikes (particularly in the summer when the FWB's are out)

ricky
08-05-2006, 06:56 PM
Not very strong then. Good job else you would have had more damage to you or bike. How Ireland then. Is it raining.??
its ireland of course it is!!:nash: mind you it depends what county your in as my mates at the north coast are havin a bbq!!! :hissy: if its like that this weekend ill be happy!!:cool:

Albie
08-05-2006, 06:59 PM
We missed you at the ace cafe. Me and caroline nearly got hit from side at a set of lights on way there. Car in wrong lane and wanting to separate 6 bikes in right lane. T o ss er.:banghead: :banghead:

bigredduke
08-05-2006, 07:06 PM
NO, I have one and its a great little town car, £75 for a years tax, leaves me room to get past it in the front garden to get the bike in & out of the garage and its also v cheap to insure & run too.

you get as many prats in cars, as you do on bikes (particularly in the summer when the FWB's are out)

what are/is FWB's?

bigredduke
08-05-2006, 07:08 PM
We missed you at the ace cafe. Me and caroline nearly got hit from side at a set of lights on way there. Car in wrong lane and wanting to separate 6 bikes in right lane. T o ss er.:banghead: :banghead:

Sorry to break this to you Albie, but you can't share Caroline's BA Hons, you have to get one for yourself (unless you already have of course!)

ricky
08-05-2006, 07:11 PM
Honestly some of the people on the roads would scare the life out of ya!!:eek: No sense at all!! im glad you didnt get hit!

Albie
08-05-2006, 07:11 PM
Sorry to break this to you Albie, but you can't share Caroline's BA Hons, you have to get one for yourself (unless you already have of course!)
Doh she said it was ok. No I havent yet. But she cant cook and I can.I will remove it asap before I get sued.:eek: :eek: :cry: :cry:

slob
08-05-2006, 08:54 PM
what are/is FWB's?
Fair Weather Bikers.
I'm with CK on SMARTs, have you seen 'em go on the motorway?!

bigredduke
08-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Fair Weather Bikers.

Guilty as charged! Rain and bikes are not a good or sensible combination.

Lady-Bob
08-05-2006, 09:31 PM
Fair Weather Bikers.

.... and if you're lucky you can get a whole tin of baked beans in the boot! :mand:

I feel a skoda-type thread a'comin!!

Albie
08-05-2006, 09:47 PM
.... and if you're lucky you can get a whole tin of baked beans in the boot! :mand:

I feel a skoda-type thread a'comin!!
I might be getting a skoda if I want one. Octavia Estate 1.9 turbo diesal 150bhp and underneath its a vw passat. Or I could have another Zafira 100bhp or astra estate 1.3 td80 bhp.. Hmm what would you have then

Albie
08-05-2006, 09:49 PM
Fair Weather Bikers.
Have you seen the racing one with the Suzi 1000gsxr engine in the back:chuckle:

ricky
08-05-2006, 09:49 PM
I might be getting a skoda if I want one. Octavia Estate 1.9 turbo diesal 150bhp and underneath its a vw passat. Or I could have another Zafira 100bhp or astra estate 1.3 td80 bhp.. Hmm what would you have then
hayabusa turbo 300 bhp 200mph!! much better!

slob
08-05-2006, 09:52 PM
http://www.worldcarfans.com/tuners.cfm/tunerid/7051125.001/country/gcf/Smart/brabus-smart-forfour-concept
or, even better
http://www.smartuki.com/
and
http://www.flurl.com/uploaded/Smart_17422.html

CK & AK
09-05-2006, 07:15 AM
Have you seen the racing one with the Suzi 1000gsxr engine in the back:chuckle:

looking v likely that i might have a 998 engine to go into mine, if AK can work out how to site it:D

Bob - I can get 6 bike tyres, a monster fuel tank and some more spares in my car - including me & a passenger. Or, put it another way - about £100 woth of supermarket shopping in, and still see out the rear window and passenger not needing to have stuff round their feet:D

Bigredduke - that wasnt a personal pop mate about fwb's, but when the sun comes out around here in Surrey we do get many out on bikes who cause probs on the roads as although they all seem to go v fast in straight lines, they cant corner for toffee - and if any rain starts, they are a bloody nightmare to avoid:freak:

Lady-Bob
09-05-2006, 07:28 AM

The tin of baked beans! :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :look:

LesPaul
09-05-2006, 07:51 AM

Sorry to be pedantic but it's a MK4 Golf not Passat underneath the MK1 and the MK5 Golf underneath the MK2, great cars though, I have a 2.0TDI (140bhp) Elegance Estate :D

To get 150bhp out of a 1.9 it must have visited Jabba or Revo I'd guess :woot:

Try http://www.briskoda.net/forums/ for a friendly forum, like this but for skodas ;)

Darren

slob
09-05-2006, 07:23 PM
looking v likely that i might have a 998 engine to go into mine, if AK can work out how to site it:D
'sfunny you should say that Charlotte, the guy who built the gixxer smart works for AK's mate Mark Hill.

ricky
09-05-2006, 07:28 PM
thank god the one that hit me didnt have that much power!!!:biggrin: me and my wee bro thought the vid of the racing smart looked hilarious!!!

CK & AK
09-05-2006, 08:11 PM
'sfunny you should say that Charlotte, the guy who built the gixxer smart works for AK's mate Mark Hill.

err, no mate he doesnt work for Mark, just used to help out on occasions mate

slob
09-05-2006, 08:34 PM
err, no mate he doesnt work for Mark, just used to help out on occasions mate
aha, the piece I found originally misrepresented that a bit, still it's all good publicity for MHP I guess.

Paivi
09-05-2006, 09:01 PM
I want a Smart car...http://img52.exs.cx/img52/271/l9iblush.gif

CK & AK
09-05-2006, 09:04 PM

try looking here in the first instance:

http://www.thesmartclub.com/board/index.php

:)

ricky
09-05-2006, 09:08 PM
hey no you dont!!! they are the enemy and i have vowed to take revenge for my unprovoked assault by tipping over every one i see from now on:roger: !! well except if they have a motorbike engine in them coz that is cool!! :flag: Ricky

CK & AK
09-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Ricky - behave :p

lord vader
09-05-2006, 10:11 PM
I know a guy who tipifies SMART owners, he went on a drive to italy in his SMART roadster and crashed into a mountain. I mean come on he accidently drove into an frigging ALP:fou:
If their not Nuts then their usually Teddy collectors or a mobile Ironing or Pet grooming service.