PDA

View Full Version : Nice Tattoo...

Chappers
08-05-2006, 01:03 PM
This guy who is a member of DesmoDromiClub Florida has this tattoed - quality!

Paranoid Dave
08-05-2006, 03:11 PM
nicely done but looks a little lost against other tats, would have been good on its own or even funnier if it was on his chest where his heart should be

Chappers
08-05-2006, 03:15 PM
For once I agree ;) and clever thinking on the heart :mand:

benson
08-05-2006, 04:15 PM
Are you volunteering PD? Go on - we think you should!!!

Paranoid Dave
08-05-2006, 04:23 PM
one's enough for now thanks

benson
08-05-2006, 04:25 PM
AAaaaaaaaawwwwwww go on go on go on go on!!!!;)

I just wanted to type that and think of Father Ted...

Off to collect Frank in a mo - new throttle bodies, clutch and mega brake thingy - no money left in any account or credit card but who cares?:yoparty:

bigredduke
08-05-2006, 06:44 PM
Am I the only one that thinks that tattoos and body piercing of any description are vile and hideous?

Albie
08-05-2006, 06:48 PM
I really like that. I want one even though Caroline hates them. But Im s h i t scared of needles and pain. My chest is non existant and too hairy.:thumbsdown: :gay: :D :D

Mand
08-05-2006, 06:55 PM
Am I the only one that thinks that tattoos and body piercing of any description are vile and hideous?

Quite possibly! ;)

ricky
08-05-2006, 07:00 PM
no my granny did too!! Mind you after my 7 tatts and nipple piercing she had to change her mind for sake of the peace!!:chuckle:

bigredduke
08-05-2006, 07:02 PM
no my granny did too!! Mind you after my 7 tatts and nipple piercing she had to change her mind for sake of the peace!!:chuckle:

Which nipple did your granny have pierced then?

Shandy
08-05-2006, 07:06 PM

Nope your not the only one, i don't mind the piercings bit so much as long as their not all over the face but agree with you completely on the tattoos.

ricky
08-05-2006, 07:08 PM
Which nipple did your granny have pierced then?
she got both done and when she got pissed at christmas she'd hang them on her ear rings!!! Just like all grannys do at xmas!!:freak:

Julie
08-05-2006, 07:37 PM
Nope your not the only one, i don't mind the piercings bit so much as long as their not all over the face but agree with you completely on the tattoos.
Same here i'm a boring old sod as well and hate tattoos and piercings.

nik_the_brief
08-05-2006, 07:52 PM
's all a matter of personal taste really innit!

I like mine and have admired those of some other people (Kimbo and Spacemonkey's spring immediately to mind) but in the main many tattoos(especially the non-imaginative flash stuff chosen out of a book) are just shabby and chav IMHO etc.

bigredduke
08-05-2006, 07:55 PM
Same here i'm a boring old sod as well and hate tattoos and piercings.

I knew we were soulmates! We could start a splinter group MOABA - monster owners against body adornment (and god knows my body need all the adornment it can get)

manwithredbike
08-05-2006, 08:24 PM
sometimes they're nice on other peoples skin - just not mine.
once seen a guy with a really faded bay city rollers tattoo accross his hand. that's the thing, they seem like a good idea at the time, then the drink wears off.

Nonnie
08-05-2006, 08:34 PM
Mine is definitely shabby and chavvy.

I just don't let the drink wear off.

ricky
08-05-2006, 08:38 PM
Mine is definitely shabby and chavvy.

I just don't let the drink wear off.
i like the way u think!!!:booze: :booze: :booze:

DesmoDom
08-05-2006, 09:15 PM
The only difference between people with Tatts and those without, is that those with, don't judge, or make comments on those without.
As said earlier, it is a personal thing, I waited until I was over 40 before having one, as I wanted to make sure that I REALLY wanted it done, got 3 now all Celtic, 1st one was out of a book (did'nt know any better), but the other 2 are one off's, none of them done when :drunk: as any GOOD Tattooist would'nt ink you if you were (thins the blood so you bleed a lot)
The other one, body piercing, I could'nt have that done, Two reasons, one it's not my thing and two, I've dealt with toooooo many people that's had them ripped out, either in fights or by accident :eyepopping: but in saying that, if you've got em, you obviously wanted them, so that's fine by me.

So basically, get a life and submit threads that have some meaning, or are helpful, because, (those of us with tatts and/or piercings) "we don't care" !!!

Baz

ricky
08-05-2006, 09:18 PM
The only difference between people with Tatts and those without, is that those with, don't judge, or make comments on those without.
As said earlier, it is a personal thing, I waited until I was over 40 before having one, as I wanted to make sure that I REALLY wanted it done, got 3 now all Celtic, 1st one was out of a book (did'nt know any better), but the other 2 are one off's, none of them done when :drunk: as any GOOD Tattooist would'nt ink you if you were (thins the blood so you bleed a lot)
The other one, body piercing, I could'nt have that done, Two reasons, one it's not my thing and two, I've dealt with toooooo many people that's had them ripped out, either in fights or by accident :eyepopping: but in saying that, if you've got em, you obviously wanted them, so that's fine by me.

So basically, get a life and submit threads that have some meaning, or are helpful, because, (those of us with tatts and/or piercings) "we don't care" !!!

Baz
thats abit bloody ignorant!! :eek: you'd plenty to say for someone who dos'nt care!!!:rolleyes:

DesmoDom
08-05-2006, 09:25 PM
Please explain how I'm ignorant and I really don't care what people think, just making a few observations to the fact that some people are very narrow minded

ricky
08-05-2006, 09:29 PM
Please explain how I'm ignorant and I really don't care what people think, just making a few observations to the fact that some people are very narrow minded
errrr soz dude!!:scratch: just read thread again, i thought you were gettin at the thread as a whole!! I'll go and sit in the naughty corner and hang my head in shame!!:fou: Kinda went of on one there which is sooo unlike me!!:look: :biggrin:
love ya really!!

DesmoDom
08-05-2006, 09:33 PM
No probs Mate :mand: :mand: :mand:

Baz

Paranoid Dave
09-05-2006, 08:53 AM
i say any tattoo has to be unique and personal to the owner. they are not there to be liked, we all live a journey through life and I'll look back when I'm old and smile at mine for what it is and means to me. Other people opinion doesn't come into it.

Chaos Inc.
09-05-2006, 09:35 AM
I got mom tatooed on my arse. Did I just say that aloud:booze: Scratch earlier comment.;)

Spud
09-05-2006, 05:13 PM
Surely this is all about decoration - why not go for the full factory approved :heart: transplant

walkingpictures
09-05-2006, 05:27 PM
i say any tattoo has to be unique and personal to the owner. they are not there to be liked, we all live a journey through life and I'll look back when I'm old and smile at mine for what it is and means to me. Other people opinion doesn't come into it.

Seconded Dave....and Baz....( how's it going me old mate? ) I don't regret a minute of the time it took to get a full body suit,if other people don't like it then that is fine by me,people don't have to see what is on my skin so no worries,each to their own.

Everyone is different in their own way and that is what makes us all interesting....

Take care peeps

Kimbo :thumbsup:

Spud
09-05-2006, 05:36 PM

A tattooed friend of mine always maintains that non-tattooed people always make a judgement about people with tattoos, but the reverse is not true. According to her this makes tattooed people better human beings

benson
09-05-2006, 05:55 PM
I want one of those Ducati hearts - Hey Bob - what if they did livers too???

:eek: :chuckle:

dazzi-b
09-05-2006, 06:28 PM
Everyone is different in their own way and that is what makes us all interesting....

Nothing more can be added to that quote :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bigredduke
09-05-2006, 07:00 PM
I dislike tattoos and piercings, not necessarily the people who choose to have them. It's not the same thing at all.

It's not passing judgement, it's personal taste.:banghead:

benson
09-05-2006, 07:10 PM
Not neccessarily?????

bigredduke
09-05-2006, 07:21 PM
I can see I need to explain myself Miss! (yes I know I misspelt neccessarily!)

I dislike chavs, tattooed or not.

Many of my students have tattoos, especially females who tend to have them on their lower backs just below the thong line. I like the vast majority of my students, tattooed or not.

One of my teacher friends who is just about to retire has a small tattoo on her upper arm 'Forever Young'. I like her, I don't like the tattoo.

I don't like beetroot, but I don't condemm beetrootophiles.

Is that clearish?
:confused:

nik_the_brief
09-05-2006, 07:24 PM
Many of my students have tattoos, especially females who tend to have them on their lower backs just below the thong line.

Known in modern parlance as the 'tramp stamp'.

benson
09-05-2006, 07:35 PM
No need to explain Bigred - Clear as mud!!

As an ex Headteacher, with both tatoos and piercings, I've come up a lot against people's opinions/judgements - as all of us have for any of our individual differences or prejudices! It just strikes me that those who are tatooed/pierced don't often voice their judgements - as per earlier thereads...

Meanwhile I like beetroot and tatoos and piercings - each to their own.:biggrin:

benson
09-05-2006, 07:36 PM
Now that will be 1000 lines and detention and no PE for a month...:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Must try harder!

benson
09-05-2006, 07:38 PM
And actually it's me who can't spell - you were right!!!

Hey Nik - if the tat is a "tramp stamp" what's the term for those who endlessly oggle the aftorementioned body art???

ricky
09-05-2006, 07:42 PM
And actually it's me who can't spell - you were right!!!

Hey Nik - if the tat is a "tramp stamp" what's the term for those who endlessly oggle the aftorementioned body art???
MEN!!!:yoparty: ricky

bigredduke
09-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Now that will be 1000 lines and detention and no PE for a month...:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Must try harder!

You mean I can't be spanked any more?

benson
09-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Oh yes but I'll need a note from your Mum!!!!
:chuckle:

bigredduke
09-05-2006, 08:11 PM
That could be tricky - she was 'promoted' 3 years ago.

I can't believe I typed t r i c ky and got a leprechaun!!!!

ricky
09-05-2006, 08:19 PM
That could be tricky - she was 'promoted' 3 years ago.

I can't believe I typed t r i c ky and got a leprechaun!!!!
what can i say, us leprechauns get every where!! Ricky

benson
09-05-2006, 08:21 PM
she'll know mine then!!!

bigredduke
09-05-2006, 08:25 PM
she'll know mine then!!!

Hopefully they are having a good natter and saying how well we've both turned out!

benson
09-05-2006, 08:30 PM
I think mine will be knitting actually!!!

gary tompkins
17-11-2006, 10:59 PM
Finally got round to getting myself inked. Planned to get one when I turned fourty actually took another 2 years to get there. Spent a while sketching out my own tribal designs, and after booking a session with Ben at Medway Tattoo (Rochester) finally have what I wanted on my arm.

The shading was Ben's suggestion and I'm really chuffed with it. Didn't want anything too big/ambitious to start with (this ones about 10" long) but it's spurred me on to maybe getting more done in future.

Oh... despite what they tell you it does hurt - Kimbo you deserve a medal mate :chuckle:

CrashMonkey
18-11-2006, 02:25 AM
Ok, tattoo's are totally up to personal preference. I actually love them, no matters who's or what, I'll always show my appreciation for the artwork performed on someone. Here's a few pictures of my own tattoo's:

(My brother is a tattooist) The top tattoo on my right arm ( the wolf/eagle/moon) was done by a profesional tattoist. The lower tattoo on my right arm (the woman) was done by my brother. The lower tattoo on my left arm (The fence w/ skulls) was done by a professional tattooist, and the upper tattoo (The celtic design) was done by my brother. The tattoo on my left calf was done by a pro tattooist (Although not particularly well in my opinion).

In the future I plan to extend the celtic tatoo on my left arm across the back of my shoulders, I'll post some pictures when I get it done :)

But anyway, those who like will like. Those who don't, won't. Personally, I love 'em :)

Here goes:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l245/CrashMonkey/Picture36.jpg - (Left Calf)

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l245/CrashMonkey/Picture32.jpg - (Upper and lower right arm)

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l245/CrashMonkey/Picture35.jpg - (Upper right arm)

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l245/CrashMonkey/Picture33.jpg - (Upper left arm)

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l245/CrashMonkey/Picture34.jpg - (Upper and lower left arm)

Plum
19-11-2006, 01:57 AM
I always liked seeing them, but never though of having one myself. At 25, i got my first tat in memory of my mum, and it was to be my last....not! I had a second done in Oahu on honeymoon of my daughters name, which is polynesian/hawaiian. That too was to be my last. I am now on my third, which again, has a very sentimental reason. I am now planning my next 2. I find it so sad the way people judge someone for having tats or a bone through nose. My tattooist is a skinhead, covered in tats (one to do with the 'SS') and is the nicest guy you could ever meet. A very artistic, intelligent and funny guy. Yet i know another, who had a mohican, tats on his head and metal in every possible place. He came across as a very shy guy, but was a real gent and always a laugh to talk to.

Never judge someone until you speak to them. Thats what i say!

Gim
19-11-2006, 03:29 PM
I will admit my old 900 was easier to ride than the s4r (then again so was the harley !) Come to think of it, the harley had a very pretty air cooled v twin lump ;) I voted for mine cos I love it and quite frankly its obvious the poor much maligned beastie needs the votes !
Rob
Oops wrong poll !

Manda
20-11-2006, 12:08 PM
I really like that. I want one even though Caroline hates them. But Im s h i t scared of needles and pain. My chest is non existant and too hairy.:thumbsdown: :gay: :D :D

Im a BIIIIIG woos when it comes to needle too, i fainted when i had my first one done on my shoulder, but you cant stop at one tatt so i went to J D's attooist in Rye, East Sussex cos he does pain free tattooing, F@cking excellent, didnt feel a thing, what he didnt tell me was that the pain free only lasts 15 minutes and it took 30 minutes to do my tiger with tribal design round it on the bottom of my back! I want another tatt now, cant decide what and where, maybe on my @rse?!

gary tompkins
20-11-2006, 12:46 PM
I want another tatt now, cant decide what and where, maybe on my @rse?!

How about a letter 'W' on each arse cheek?

... an old gag but it always makes me laugh :chuckle:

Manda
20-11-2006, 12:48 PM
:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: Very Funny!

Nim
20-11-2006, 02:05 PM
well, ive done a couple tattoos in my life, and am happy to volunteer to tattoo your arse if necessary!!! Will I need goggles??? we could maybe pop a piercing or 2 on a butt cheeck if you wish....

Manda
20-11-2006, 03:29 PM
well, ive done a couple tattoos in my life, and am happy to volunteer to tattoo your arse if necessary!!! Will I need goggles??? we could maybe pop a piercing or 2 on a butt cheeck if you wish....

Thanks for the offer but no tah, i'll stick to a pro who does it pain free, although im wondering how he would tattoo my @rse pain free cos he rubs the painfree stuff on then wraps you up in clingfilm and sellotape to seal it, leave it on for an hour and half then rip it off and tattoo away without feeling a thing.:p

CrashMonkey
20-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Pain free tattooing... I'm sure thats against nature, or God, or something... I dunno, it just seems wrong :p

Nim
20-11-2006, 03:50 PM
I see your point, the cling film thing sounds a little uncomfortable...although i think the pain can be therapeutic, well....if you're into that kind of thing!! i love my tats, but they all hurt like hell...i admit it freely. All worth it though...

nik_the_brief
20-11-2006, 03:56 PM
Yeah - tattoos should hurt! :shocked:

the one on my collarbone took my breath away but it was definitely worth it.

There are some good posts and piccies here --> http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=14512&highlight=tattoos

Manda
20-11-2006, 04:00 PM
My sister had her boyfriends name and a love heart either side tattooed on her bits, then they split up 6 months later, dozy bird! :fou: she had it covered with another tatt but she's had 2 kids since she had it and tattooing through stretch marks was f*****g painful.:dizzy:

walkingpictures
20-11-2006, 05:15 PM
Yeah - tattoos should hurt! :shocked:

the one on my collarbone took my breath away but it was definitely worth it.

Yeah,agreed!!Actually my collarbone was still dislocated when it got inked but that all added to the fun :chuckle:

Kimbo :)

Chappers
20-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Well believe it or not the one on my boob didn't hurt at all, just felt really hot but the worse one was on my shoulder on the bone...now that hurt :shocked:

manc skank
20-11-2006, 10:34 PM
collarbone

Kimbo :)

3rd that, collar bone is bad. although around your nipple is perhaps a little worse.

walkingpictures
20-11-2006, 10:44 PM
3rd that, collar bone is bad. although around your nipple is perhaps a little worse.

Agreed,been there too but don't regret a minute of it,each to their own

Kimbo :thumbsup:

gary tompkins
21-11-2006, 12:13 PM
I saw photo's on a tattoo site of a guy that had his entire wedding tackle covered in a tattoo to make it look like a green dragon.

Oh... and he had several piercings through it as well :eyepopping:

Now tht's gotta hurt :cry:

I'll see if I can track down a link

squiffything
21-11-2006, 02:37 PM
Gary I think I can match you but I have to say if anyone is easily offended then do not look as it may be viewed as a little rude. I view it as art and I would not post the picture however if the link might offend then I would ask people not to view.

http://www.wayweird.com/archives/2000/jun/devil_tattoo.jpg

apologies if I have breached the rules as I say plenty of warning and no offence ment

giler
21-11-2006, 02:52 PM
Better the Devil you know!

squiffything
21-11-2006, 03:37 PM
Better the Devil you know!

OMG i didn't realise it was somebody on here!

Manda
21-11-2006, 04:16 PM
This is the one Gary was on about.

gary tompkins
21-11-2006, 09:11 PM
This is the one Gary was on about.

Yep that's the one

I think it's time to let this thread go back to sleep before we get cast into the UKMOC pit of doom :on:

Apologies in advance FB :o

spacemonkey
22-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Known in modern parlance as the 'tramp stamp'.

Or Slag Tags as we call 'em... so attractive when worn with a high thong, and low hipsters with love handles spilling over the sides... :thumbsdown:

Tattooing should hurt, that's the whole point. I found my clavicles didn't hurt a bit (and I'm a skinny runt), but my sternum was excrutiating. But nothing prepared me for doing the arse bit. Now THAT'S pain...

I'm suprised there's not more pictures up here yet... ;)

Fodder
23-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Hey PD! do you remember helping me with a gekko design just before we moved to Vegas, I got it done but opted for an all black version.............

Thanks, it came out quite well.

Fods