PDA

View Full Version : clutch feel

smiffyuk
07-05-2006, 03:09 PM
sometimes if i do a quick standing start from traffic lights i get a weird feeling through the clutch lever.
it sort of, how can i put it, as you feed in the clutch the lever moves in my hand as though its fully disengaging then as the revs rise and i start to accelerate the lever moves back in slightly.
is this a charectersistic of 620 clutches or is their impending doom brewing :eek:

benson
11-05-2006, 07:16 AM
Is it starting to slip then? Sounds a bit like it from all my VERY limited technical understanding! Also - not sure if your levers are adjustable - might be that there's not enough fluid getting through if the lever is set on a small grip/hand span setting? I had a new slave cylinder and had to increase the lever span so enough got through - there are many more who know far in excess of these offerings - have a look on the S4 thread about clutches and then you could always drop someone a PM who knows about these things!

singletrack
11-05-2006, 08:27 AM
sometimes if i do a quick standing start from traffic lights i get a weird feeling through the clutch lever.
it sort of, how can i put it, as you feed in the clutch the lever moves in my hand as though its fully disengaging then as the revs rise and i start to accelerate the lever moves back in slightly.
is this a charectersistic of 620 clutches or is their impending doom brewing :eek:

How old is your bike? Is it one of the newer 620s with a slipper clutch? - if so, it's supposed to do that.

If not..........

I dunno :biggrin:

smiffyuk
11-05-2006, 08:51 AM
its a 2002 620 - but the weird thing is it doesn't 'feel' as though the clutch is knackered!
its only got 3100 miles on so i wouldn't think it would be ready yet.

its as though the clutch is designed like it is!!

its deffo not slipping, more the opposite, i slip it to get a fast start from standstill then it sort of engages fully on its own and as it goes down the road and the speeds built up the lever will go back to the posistion i had it when i set off if that makes sense!!

i'll put it down to an italian quirk :biggrin: