PDA

View Full Version : 14T front sprocket

tamtbam@hotmail
07-05-2006, 07:54 AM
Heard a lot of talk about this and wondered how much differance it would make to a 620ie.
And while i'm at it what about sizes for the rear.
Stock sizes are 15t front and 48t rear.
Any info folks ?
Tam.:confused:

Monkey Boy
07-05-2006, 08:15 AM
Hi.

Changed the front sprocket on my M600 from 15T to 14T (has a 43T rear) and the difference is slightly better acceleration - especially in third and fourth. It revs through the range a little faster so you need to shift slightly sooner than if using a 15T. Top speed comes down a notch or two.

Cheers.

Iain

eonan
07-05-2006, 08:29 AM
Heard a lot of talk about this and wondered how much differance it would make to a 620ie.
And while i'm at it what about sizes for the rear.
Stock sizes are 15t front and 48t rear.
Any info folks ?
Tam.:confused:

Tam, of all the changes I've made, for the difference it makes and for the little money and effort it takes to do it, its by far the best thing I've done so far. [15T to 14T]

There is a huge difference in acceleration on my bike, especially lower down. I do quite a bit of town riding so its really been a huge help.

I reckon this is possibly one of the best mods you can do :thumbsup:

tamtbam@hotmail
07-05-2006, 08:47 AM
Tam, of all the changes I've made, for the difference it makes and for the little money and effort it takes to do it, its by far the best thing I've done so far. [15T to 14T]

There is a huge difference in acceleration on my bike, especially lower down. I do quite a bit of town riding so its really been a huge help.

I reckon this is possibly one of the best mods you can do :thumbsup:

Cheers for that Eonan. Looks like a phone call to Harry at Duc Glesga to order one. Bikes goin in on the 2nd o June for it's 2yr service so Charlie can fit it at the same time. Maybe best to get a new rear and chain too or would the originals doo ? Sprockets and chain were changed in Kuwait before i left so the've only been on the bike 6months.:rolleyes:

eonan
07-05-2006, 09:12 AM
Cheers for that Eonan. Looks like a phone call to Harry at Duc Glesga to order one. Bikes goin in on the 2nd o June for it's 2yr service so Charlie can fit it at the same time. Maybe best to get a new rear and chain too or would the originals doo ? Sprockets and chain were changed in Kuwait before i left so the've only been on the bike 6months.:rolleyes:

2nd of June...hmmm, wonder if I'll have a bike by then :spin:

I'm not sure you're asking the right person about this mate. Since owning this bike, the words 'maybe best to get a new...' come to me everytime I bloody well look at her :D