PDA

View Full Version : Facing tarmac

Pugi
06-05-2006, 01:32 PM
So...coming home from the mot I finally confirmed how poor roads are around here. The rain didn't help either. When braking downhill I lost the front end and had a closer, much closer, examination of the road surface. Only doing 15-20 mph and was braking, so I was bloody lucky.
Only damaged the following: Bar end mirror and right indicator (both to be upgraded anyway), minor dent on exhaust and grinds on fork bottom and front rim edge. Handle bars look ok, but feel and stretch marks tell different story. Oh...chipped helmet...think it got a good wallop and need a new one now. Shame, I liked the one I have but it's not to be reused and has proven to be worth every penny. :hail: (Shoei Z1)

All in all a damn lucky fellow I am, everything else is fine apart from the dented pride. Now...does anyone have a pair of handlebars or clip ons and is there anything I should double check for 'invisible' damage?

Have to thank the nice people on the footpath too, brilliant display of friendliness and caring.

eonan
06-05-2006, 01:38 PM
Pugi mate, I'm sorry to read this :worried: , but really glad you're OK :thumbsup: Damn, I gave away a set of handlebars a couple of weeks back...sorry

bigredduke
06-05-2006, 03:14 PM
Sorry to hear about your tarmac surfing. Having recently done the same with Honda Accord interface thrown in I understand how you feel!
The confidence takes a bit of a beating as well!

Albie
06-05-2006, 03:31 PM
Bad luck mate. Have mot soon which reminds me. Note to self make sure its dry. Is this an omen. I may have a spare old indicator if I didnt sell them.I will look.:dizzy:

MotoNik
06-05-2006, 06:40 PM
Very sorry to hear that mate, but glad you're ok. Best wishes from me and 'er indoors. Let me know if I can help with fixing anything.

cheers,

Nik

Paivi
06-05-2006, 07:18 PM
Yikes, mate! Glad you're OK: I did the same at 10mph and ended up in hospital for several hours of observation. Lucky for me, there was a third party whose insurance company admitted liability and paid a nice contribution towards the Monster! :D

Hope you'll get yours back on the road soon and you'll feel up to the job as well. I'd offer to help, but the only thing I can do is look decorative... ;)

Pugi
07-05-2006, 10:16 AM
Thanks people. Not much to stitch up really, but I'll ask if there's anything I need. Even if it's a decorative piece I need... :woot:

Going to the Ace today i think, so you can see the small scuffs for yourselves.