PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 7th May 2006

Lady-Bob
05-05-2006, 01:51 PM
I know this date is normally our brekkie meet, but I thought it would be good to get those t-shirts out and go over to the Ace Cafe Italian Day.

Aiming to be there before midday.

Aiming to meet up with Benson, north of the Blackwall Tunnel for her to lead us in.

It's the A2 that goes up to the blackwall tunnel.

Happy to meet people at the Black Prince interchange somewhere. Please post up exactly where you would like to wait for each other before heading off.

Actuall times still a bit vague as I am waiting for Benson to get back to me on that one. But I will make sure confirmation is made VERY soon.

If you'd like to come along you are very welcome. I will be bringing along Alanc's, NTB's, Critch's & Megan's T-Shirts just in case

Please add your name to the list....

Lady-Bob
Stewart & Samantha
Gully
Albie & Caroline
Scrapps?
GT - possible

alan c
05-05-2006, 05:07 PM
we can meet in black prince hotel car park just off A2

nik_the_brief
05-05-2006, 07:22 PM
Not this time - I have cunning Monster type plans in store for this weekend!

Will definitely catch up soon though.

GULLY
05-05-2006, 08:31 PM
we can meet in black prince hotel car park just off A2
Hi Alan
I and meeting up with all the guys at black prince.
thats a date mate.:mand:

Gully:chuckle:

scrapps
05-05-2006, 09:49 PM
Hi all me and james coming up to ace and would like to meet up on way,not sure where black prince hotel is :worried: but if you can advise we will be there. got some photos from weekender ect to bring up..

benson
05-05-2006, 10:06 PM
Hello All - Lady Bob - did you get your PM? I've suggested meeting at the Harley Dealership Stadium at 11 AM - have a look at the Essex and London threads for the link or I can post it again - see u there!!!

benson
05-05-2006, 10:10 PM
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?pc=E4%208SE&GridE=&GridN=&scale=10000&title=Stadium%20Harley-Davidson&cat=h

There it is - the link.

The directions are pretty easy - straight through the tunnel - stay on the A12 about 8/9 miles until you come onto a roundabout (the only one!!!) - bear left onto the A406 (north circular).

Stay on that for about 5 miles until the A112 at the Crooked Billet Rounabout - at the roundabout turn right towards Chingfrod/Waltham Abbey and the dealership is just past the Greyhound Stadium - 07973 440 354 if there are any probs - hope it stays dry!!!

Rachel

Albie
05-05-2006, 11:00 PM
Hi all me and james coming up to ace and would like to meet up on way,not sure where black prince hotel is :worried: but if you can advise we will be there. got some photos from weekender ect to bring up..
Its two stops after Dartford tunnel. I trust we meeting a bit before 10 then .:idea:

benson
06-05-2006, 06:49 AM
OK - I'm a bit confused - are you coming through the Dartford OR the Blackwall tunnel???:scratch:

Ive PM'd Bob the directions through the Blackwall tunnel - let me know if that's not right - I'm taking the other bike in for its service today and going to the Parkinson's Open Day in Colchester but I'll be on my mobile if you need 'owt!:spin:

Lady-Bob
06-05-2006, 07:52 AM
We going Blackwall Tunnel.

What time will you be at the Harley Dealership Benson?

PS. Didn't get any PM :worried:

Albie
06-05-2006, 07:57 AM
We will go through Blackwall.No worrys. An adventure. We just need to pick up 406:cool:

Lady-Bob
06-05-2006, 07:58 AM
Good to have you along Scrapps.

Ok, Hotel Car Park it is then.

I'm just waiting for Benson to tell me what time at the Harley dealership and then we can figure out what time at the Hotel Car Park.

Watch this space.

Albie
06-05-2006, 08:03 AM
Time then about 9.45 then boss lady:p

Lady-Bob
06-05-2006, 08:05 AM
Ride to Italian Day

Please PM me if you want to meet up to ride in - I propose Stadium Harley Davidson in Chingford at 10.30 so be there for about 11.

Stadium is easily found - it's off the north circ at the Walthamstow dog track/Billet Roundabout exit ride past Sainsbury's and it's on your right - can't miss it - I'll be there if anyone PMs me and wants to meet up..

Just found this on the London thread.

Any ideas on what time to meet at the Black Prince?
Not entirely sure of how long it will take to get to the Harley Dearlership.

What say you? 9.30 or 9.45?

Lady-Bob
06-05-2006, 08:06 AM
Albie you type too fast... your post wasn't there a moment ago! :p

9.45 it is.

Lady-Bob
06-05-2006, 08:07 AM
Oh and Scrapps.... bring the map so we can get home again!

and don't forget -DONT PUT ME IN FRONT!!!!!!!!!! :twak:

Albie
06-05-2006, 08:08 AM
I thought you gonna tell me off as didnt read end of your post so had to edit quick. only use 2 fingers unlike caroline speedtypist.

Lady-Bob
06-05-2006, 08:14 AM
only use 2 fingers unlike caroline

Now that's a little more information than I need to know!;)

Gotta go now.... gotta pick up prawn from her nan's.. if the weathers fair she'll be coming along too

Will post any further details up later today if there are any.

Bye hun ;)

GULLY
06-05-2006, 09:16 AM
Hi Scrapps
go down A2 to london. 5mins from dartford round about.
2 junctions and black prince on the letf
:rolleyes:
your PM is full. i will pm you my number:mand:

see you all sunday:mand: :mand:

Albie
06-05-2006, 09:19 AM
Hi Scrapps
go down A2 to london. 5mins from dartford round about.
2 junctions and black prince on the right.

your PM is full. i will pm you my number:mand:

see you all sunday:mand: :mand:
OOhhh sir !!! No the Black Prince is on your left sir. Not you right sir. Silly man !!!:chuckle: :chuckle: :rolleyes:

GULLY
06-05-2006, 09:22 AM
Sorry about that :fou:

Albie
06-05-2006, 09:30 AM
Its ok . Have you seen the 900's for sale on ebay in sittingbourne. Could do a lot worse it not being red. It would be better in standard form.

benson
06-05-2006, 06:06 PM
Hello dears - sorry for the lack of PM - my outbox says it wnet but it obviously didn't! I'll be at the dealership for 11 - happy to see you there - sadly my Ducati won't be ready - suddely developed a rather revolting blow back and pop through the air box so it is now in bits with Ray...

ANYWAY - It should be about half an hour at that time from the tunnel all being well - the tunnel is the A12 - stay on it and then go left at the first and only roundabout you come to which is the A406 - the north circular> The lane is protected so you shouldn't even need to stop!!!

Once on the A406 stay there until the A112 - this is at a roundabout called the "Crooked Billet" come off at this exit and turn RIGHT onto the A112 - I think it's the 4th exit. Stadium is on the left hand side in about half a mile - after Sainsbury's and the Walthamstow Dog Track - I'll post a link...

benson
06-05-2006, 06:07 PM
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?pc=E4%208SE&GridE=&GridN=&scale=10000&title=Stadium%20Harley-Davidson&cat=h

benson
06-05-2006, 06:07 PM
That's the link as promised...Hope to be there on something with two wheels!!!!!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

scrapps
06-05-2006, 06:49 PM
hi peep me and james will be at black prince carpark 9:30/45 if its not pooring with rain ..

alan c
06-05-2006, 06:53 PM
ok see you at black prince, lets hope no rain, scraps could you bring heel guards ?

scrapps
06-05-2006, 08:31 PM
See you tomorow will bring map and heel guards. if weather good. Best get up early and put bike back together:eek:

GULLY
06-05-2006, 09:08 PM
Its ok . Have you seen the 900's for sale on ebay in sittingbourne. Could do a lot worse it not being red. It would be better in standard form.
she not bad but not my cup of time
bling:cry: bling:cry:
i will keep looking

gully

Albie
06-05-2006, 09:19 PM
she not bad but not my cup of time
bling:cry: bling:cry:
i will keep looking

gully
In what way too blingy. Soon sort that. I have standard T tray new shape in shed. And some paint remover. yes I know its yellow.:wallace:

GULLY
06-05-2006, 09:29 PM
In what way too blingy. Soon sort that. I have standard T tray new shape in shed. And some paint remover. yes I know its yellow.:wallace:
it is gold gold gold i would have to stripe the bike down and start agone:on: :on:
gully

Albie
06-05-2006, 09:36 PM
Yeah we can sort it.If it goes more than 1200-1300 I wouldnt but it looks ok. You could put your red bits on it and sell yours yellow.:D :D

gary tompkins
06-05-2006, 09:49 PM
I may see you there if weather much better than this afternoon. I'll make my own way in - prefer the M25/A40 option less hassle for 3 wheels TBH.

If it's pissing down it'll be a non-starter for me - sorry :spin:

GULLY
07-05-2006, 06:47 AM
hi peep me and james will be at black prince carpark 9:30/45 if its not pooring with rain ..
Hi guys
I,ve got littie Megan till 9.45/10am so i can not get to cark park be for.
the black princes is 2mins away from my house,so i will be pritte sharps:D :D

scrapps
07-05-2006, 07:14 AM
Hi folks not looking good for me and james a bit wet with forcast of more wet,:thumbsdown: James not got wet gear and 100 miles in the wet not fun will keep eye on weather and make mind up soon. need to leave hear 8.30/45 to get to black prince on time

GULLY
07-05-2006, 07:21 AM
Hi folks not looking good for me and james a bit wet with forcast of more wet,:thumbsdown: James not got wet gear and 100 miles in the wet not fun will keep eye on weather and make mind up soon. need to leave hear 8.30/45 to get to black prince on time

not meet to rain to day just over carst

gary tompkins
07-05-2006, 07:29 AM
Bit cloudy/grey here but dry, with bits of blue sky & sun popping out from time to time. BBC online weather forecasts light rain for the Kent & London area all day, and others go for dry until lunchtime then rain or showers all day - so I guess its take your pick :confused:

I'll give it another hour or so and see if it holds. If I do go I aim to be at cafe between 11am & midday ;)

scrapps
07-05-2006, 07:31 AM
We are going to give it a try so leaving hear soon hope to make to bp on time:worried:

benson
07-05-2006, 03:07 PM
Hey Kenties! :tgoe: REALLY good to meet you and so nice to have company on the trip round the Nirth Circular to the Ace for a change!!!

Top day all in all - with good Buff purchases, tatoos, sausage, bacon and egg sarnies, monsters - oh and Buells!!! - great day - hope the weather stayed kindon the way home - give my love to the garden of England and hope to see you soon!!!!!

xxx

scrapps
07-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Cheers benson it was good to have you along, see you again soon. you will have to pop this way for ice cream and sand castles...:D

Lady-Bob
07-05-2006, 05:51 PM
I have standard T tray new shape in shed.

If it's standard black and not carbon... how much do you want for it... Would it fit my 900???

Lady-Bob
07-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Hey Kenties! :tgoe: REALLY good to meet you and so nice to have company on the trip round the Nirth Circular to the Ace for a change!!!

Top day all in all - with good Buff purchases, tatoos, sausage, bacon and egg sarnies, monsters - oh and Buells!!! - great day - hope the weather stayed kindon the way home - give my love to the garden of England and hope to see you soon!!!!!

xxx

Benson,

Have PM'd you.

Thanks for leading us in.

Shame about the Buell, but I'll forgive since Frank is poorly ! :eek:

I enjoyed it. I don't know about Scrapps getting back to Herne Bay but Gully and I got back without a drop of rain

(Thanks for the offer of a coffee Gully, but Stew would have divorced me if I hadn't gone straight home - I'll take a rain check on that one - pardon the pun!! :mand: )

To everyone, thanks for making the effort to come out today. I think it was a good exercise for those who had been to the weekend for the first time this year... it certainly consolidated the whole experience being able to recognise and chat to JMo, JUlie, Mand, Al, Benson etc., and for you to meet Muttley and Madhatter, Chaos etc.

All in all a good day out and well worth attending. :tgoe:

P.s Gary - thank you for the disc lock reminder... I have no excuse now! :toilet:

Lady-Bob
07-05-2006, 05:59 PM
By the way Gully......

I know a song that'll get on your nerves... get on your nerves.... get on your nerves.
I know a song that'll get on your nerves... GET, GET, GET ON YOUR NERVES!!

I know a song that'll get on your nerves... get on your nerves.... get on your nerves.
I know a song that'll get on your nerves... GET, GET, GET ON YOUR NERVES!! :twak:

I know a song that'll get on your nerves... GET, GET, GET ON YOUR NERVES!! :twak:

scrapps
07-05-2006, 06:28 PM
Yes bob me and james got home safe and dry thanks:thumbsup:

benson
07-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Sand sea and chips - I'll be there - just let me know where and when!!!

GULLY
07-05-2006, 11:46 PM
By the way Gully......

:twak:
Hi Bob
I do not know how to say this.
Please do not sing this song no more
I was down the pub and i could not get that dam song out my head:hissy: :hissy:

only kididng;)
see you soon
Gully:biggrin:

MilesB
08-05-2006, 08:01 AM
Glad to hear that you lot had a good time - in Maidstone it was dry all day Saturday AND Sunday, although it did rain Saturday night. And it is chucking it down now - arrived at the office doing my best 'drowned rat' impression.

Hope the journey wasn't too tedious for you guys.

had fun on Saturday - finally got my main birthday present - driving a parallel twin one-stroke external combustion...
http://www.bwlr.co.uk/locos.php?flag=no9

Miles

Melnie Mouse
08-05-2006, 08:13 AM
yeah was great day,and good to meet lots more faces to names :) Lady-Bob :)

Really lovely and then became hot day, thanks a lot to Jmo for leading ride and hope your clutch feels better soon Julie :) x

Lady-Bob
08-05-2006, 09:32 AM
had fun on Saturday - finally got my main birthday present - driving a parallel twin one-stroke external combustion...
http://www.bwlr.co.uk/locos.php?flag=no9

Miles

Cool pressie.... did it have a name..... tell me it was Ivor pleeeeeease! He's my favorite one!

Have you any piccies of you driving it????? Post up a new thread and tell us ALL about it hun :bunny:

MilesB
08-05-2006, 04:47 PM
Cool pressie.... did it have a name..... tell me it was Ivor pleeeeeease! He's my favorite one!
Read the link - the locomotive was called 'Limpopo'
Have you any piccies of you driving it????? Post up a new thread and tell us ALL about it hun :bunny:
Susan took a load when she turned up - on real film... so you'll have to wait until we get them developed and then scanned in:worried:

Lady-Bob
08-05-2006, 08:17 PM
Read the link - the locomotive was called 'Limpopo'

Susan took a load when she turned up - on real film... so you'll have to wait until we get them developed and then scanned in:worried:

And how was I supposed to know THAT was the actual one you drove huh? :dizzy:

Still.... shame it wasn't Ivor. I'll bet ALL trains called Ivor go faster than ANY called Thomas!!

Lady-Bob
08-05-2006, 08:22 PM
If it's standard black and not carbon... how much do you want for it... Would it fit my 900???

Albie????

Yoooo hoooooo??

Any reply on this one hunny? :thumbsup:

Albie
08-05-2006, 08:39 PM
Well I guess a tenner or any offer you want. Indicators are different though so you may adapt or buy nicer smaller ones.Hein Gericke do some neat ones for £7.:spin:

Lady-Bob
08-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Well I guess a tenner or any offer you want. Indicators are different though so you may adapt or buy nicer smaller ones.Hein Gericke do some neat ones for £7.:spin:

Thats all very well but tell me it's NOT carbon please!

Lady-Bob
08-05-2006, 08:50 PM
I'll buy it if it's not carbon!:p

Albie
09-05-2006, 08:49 PM
No its not carbon :eek: and I wouldnt sell you my carbon.Its wasted on yours.:freak:

Lady-Bob
10-05-2006, 01:21 PM
Its wasted on yours.:freak:

Exactly WHAT are you trying to say there Albie ?? :grump:

Albie
10-05-2006, 05:12 PM
Im saying you dont like it and I wont sell it and you have to keep it clean. LOL.

JamesH
10-05-2006, 05:38 PM
Thomas was only a small engine, it was JAMES the big red engine that was the fast one.

James

Lady-Bob
10-05-2006, 05:52 PM
Thomas was only a small engine, it was JAMES the big red engine that was the fast one.

James

But they didn't have any help from the coal dragon did they eh? eh? Ivor was the bestest... what was his train drivers name???

JamesH
10-05-2006, 06:04 PM
http://www.whirligig-tv.co.uk/tv/children/ivortheengine/ivortheengine.htm

What a great theme tune.

Check this out

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2838705.stm

I bet Ivor never produced such fear!!! Lol.

James

MilesB
11-05-2006, 08:08 AM
Ivor was the bestest... what was his train drivers name???
"Jones the Steam" - What else?

Lady-Bob
11-05-2006, 11:16 AM
http://www.whirligig-tv.co.uk/tv/children/ivortheengine/ivortheengine.htm

What a great theme tune.

Check this out

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2838705.stm

I bet Ivor never produced such fear!!! Lol.

James

It wouldn't be so compelling to watch if they didn't have crashes!