PDA

View Full Version : Tired but still reliable 600

nik_the_brief
04-05-2006, 09:22 AM
My rather well used Monnie (a red 'un) has to go to be replaced by a newer and bigger Monster.

She's 10 years old on an N plate and has covered 25,800 miles to date. Has been almost totally reliable (once I sorted out an ignition pick up problem a couple of years ago).

It has been my daily transport for some time now in all weathers so the engine casings have virtually no paint left on them. In addition there are a few noisy engine issues, a rattly piston being the main one and the carbs could do with an overhaul it runs fine but the adjuster screws don't make any difference and it just needs dismantling and cleaning. Would make an ideal DesmoDue weapon as you'd almost certainly be looking at fitting oversized pistons and cylinders to be competitive anyway which would sort the rattle out.

Just passed an MOT with flying colours last week, no problems save the new tyre which I had to have fitted. Had the valves re-shimmed this week too.

Would make a great project for someone with more time on their hands than me. I'm willing to consider any offers and am thinking that a figure around the £1,000 would be a realistic figure.

PM me for more details, I will take some up-to-date picture in the very near future and post them up. In the meantime PM me for more info if you're interested and I'll give you my e-mail addy and/or mobile/work phone number.

Albie
04-05-2006, 04:01 PM
An S4rs Nik ??. Or a 1000ds:tgoe: :tgoe:

nik_the_brief
04-05-2006, 06:59 PM
I'm not that minted matey as I have all sorts of other family commitments to spend my hard earned on.

I do have my eye on a very nice carbed 900 though...

Albie
04-05-2006, 08:20 PM
Colour ???? As long as its a monnie thats good. Dont tell gully. He had a play on mine. He now wants bigger. Oh dear. I know how he felt.Mind you I just went 16cc bigger but another 8 valves oh and the lovely radiator.:eek:

nik_the_brief
04-05-2006, 08:23 PM
... There's only one colour for Ducatis to be!

Pugi
04-05-2006, 08:24 PM
I just went 16cc bigger but another 8 valves oh and the lovely radiator.:eek:

Not sure...but I'm guessing you only went 12 cc bigger. :confused:

nik_the_brief
09-05-2006, 08:59 PM
.. tis on eBay here --> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4639082742&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1