PDA

View Full Version : Italian Day at the Ace Cafe - Sunday

madhatter
02-05-2006, 06:18 PM
This Sunday, May 7th, it's Italian Day at the Ace Cafe and several of the other counties are already making noises about showing up.....soooo....who from Beds or Bucks is interested in having a 40mph rumble through the M1 traffic cones? As long as the weather isn't really crappy, I'm up for it and possibly Rebel also.:thumbsup:

Post up if you are interested and I'll organise some meeting points for anyone coming over!!:cool:

stuartg
02-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Im up for it.
Spoke to Mand at weekender and some of the MMM are coming down the A5 so thought we could meet them at McDonalds at Hockliffe.

The Kevlar Kid
02-05-2006, 09:05 PM
Can't make this one... need to spend 'some' time at home :fou:

Mand
02-05-2006, 09:37 PM
Im up for it.
Spoke to Mand at weekender and some of the MMM are coming down the A5 so thought we could meet them at McDonalds at Hockliffe.

Helloooo!

Yes you did speak to me on Sunday, I have a friend (the one who first christened me Legohead) coming on his GSXR, with his good lady and Al on his Firestorm.

I am hoping that maybe I could pick up some "Monsters" on the way down. Keep a close eye on the weather forecast and we can arrange a meet as suggested.

the doctor
03-05-2006, 07:50 PM
hi
me and mrs doc are up for it.(if her bike is fixed in time) if not she will have to stay at home because im going!

benson
03-05-2006, 07:53 PM
That's a goodly collection of Monsters so far - would be great to have a real big group! hope you had a good time on the Isle of Wight Madhatter and Rebel!!!

stuartg
06-05-2006, 10:53 AM
Steve, are you going? If so what time and place?
Im still thinking McDonalds Hockliffe for 10 then we can let Mand and the others know.

What do you think?

madhatter
06-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Steve, what time and place? I'm still thinking McDonalds Hockliffe for 10...What do you think?

I'm watching the weather forecast rather closely at the moment, as there was talk of thunder, lightning and heavy rain for Sunday!:Furious: I've found through experience that travelling down to the Ace Cafe in the rain can be rather soaking and then lonely when you find you are almost on your own, when you get down there.

If the rain holds off, then 11:00 at McDonalds sounds fine, if not then I'll be sitting in front of the TV, eating my sunday roast and hoping for better weather for the DWR Open Day at the end of the month.

Watch The Skys! :look:

stuartg
06-05-2006, 04:09 PM
I'm watching the weather forecast rather closely at the moment, as there was talk of thunder, lightning and heavy rain for Sunday!:Furious: I've found through experience that travelling down to the Ace Cafe in the rain can be rather soaking and then lonely when you find you are almost on your own, when you get down there.

If the rain holds off, then 10:00 at McDonalds sounds fine, if not then I'll be sitting in front of the TV, eating my sunday roast and hoping for better weather for the DWR Open Day at the end of the month.

Watch The Skys! :look:

Fair enough. I'll be going anyway so will be at McDonalds for 10.00. I'll pm my mobile no

Mand
06-05-2006, 04:10 PM
Fair enough. I'll be going anyway so will be at McDonalds for 10.00. I'll pm my mobile no

and I have just sent you a PM.

stuartg
06-05-2006, 04:15 PM
and I have just sent you a PM.

And I've just sent you one back, lol

But guess I didnt really need to tell you that

Mand
06-05-2006, 04:22 PM
And I've just sent you one back, lol

But guess I didnt really need to tell you that

:chuckle: and I just replied!

madhatter
06-05-2006, 04:26 PM
I'm watching the weather forecast rather closely at the moment, as there was talk of thunder, lightning and heavy rain for Sunday!:Furious: Watch The Skys! :look:

Oh My God! Now they are talking about flash flood warnings for Sunday, maybe Mand should bring a dingy down with her to get back home up the M1.

stuartg
06-05-2006, 04:28 PM
:chuckle: and I just replied!

So did I again

Mand
06-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Oh My God! Now they are talking about flash flood warnings for Sunday, maybe Mand should bring a dingy down with her to get back home up the M1.

Awwww I don't like the sound of that!!! I have had a belly full of getting wet. (It's a Donington thing...)

:idea: I could always go in the car...... did I really just type that?

madhatter
06-05-2006, 04:31 PM
Awwww I don't like the sound of that!!! I have had a belly full of getting wet. (It's a Donington thing...)

Lets hope for a miracle then Mand! Makes you feel even better, wen it was 27.C and 24.C on Thursday and Friday!:grump:

stuartg
06-05-2006, 04:31 PM

:idea: I could always go in the car...... did I really just type that?

Car !?!? Whats one of those

I just checked the weather to, it doesnt look that bad unless your on the east coast

It'll be fine, trust me...... did I really type that?

Mand
06-05-2006, 04:34 PM
Lets hope for a miracle then Mand! Makes you feel even better, wen it was 27.C and 24.C on Thursday and Friday!:grump:

Oh I know about the lovely weather on Thursday and Friday! Of course I was at work for both of those days - typical.

This morning was gorgeous in Leicester - I even managed to catch the sun on my shoulders whilst gardening! It started to rain about 2pm though and it looks like it has just stopped now.

Mand
06-05-2006, 04:35 PM
Car !?!? Whats one of those

I just checked the weather to, it doesnt look that bad unless your on the east coast

It'll be fine, trust me...... did I really type that?

Yes you did type that!!! So if it rains..... you will get the blame! :chuckle:

stuartg
06-05-2006, 04:37 PM
Yes you did type that!!! So if it rains..... you will get the blame! :chuckle:

Course I'll get the blame, your a girl and I'm a bloke, thats how it works

stuartg
06-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Oh I know about the lovely weather on Thursday and Friday! Of course I was at work for both of those days - typical.

This morning was gorgeous in Leicester - I even managed to catch the sun on my shoulders whilst gardening! It started to rain about 2pm though and it looks like it has just stopped now.

And the forecast for Monday looks lovely to :(

Mand
06-05-2006, 04:45 PM
And the forecast for Monday looks lovely to :(

Oh well..... if that is the case, I usually leave a few minutes earlier to go to work the long way round and of course I usually add about 10 miles on the journey back home too!

:biggrin:

stuartg
06-05-2006, 04:45 PM
It appears to be a long shot but if anyone is interested in meeting at McDonalds Hockliffe to ride to the Ace we will be meeting at 11.00 cos Mands gotta do her hair and make up or something

See you in the morning hopefully

Mand
07-05-2006, 08:45 AM
It appears to be a long shot but if anyone is interested in meeting at McDonalds Hockliffe to ride to the Ace we will be meeting at 11.00 cos Mands gotta do her hair and make up or something

See you in the morning hopefully

An executive decision has been made in Leicestershire, we are going to the Ace. :thumbsup:

The Kevlar Kid
07-05-2006, 12:48 PM
Sorry Stuart.... I wasn't even out of bed at 11.00....

Have a good time y'all

madhatter
07-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Sorry Stu for missing you at the pre-arranged McD's, but the 125mph dash to try and catch you up was very enjoyable, even though you were in fact actually behind me and they turned out to be a group of CBR's and ZZR's. Doh!:o

Nice to meet some familiar faces and new ones as well, so let me say hi again to Julie, JMo, Benson, Melnie Mouse, Muttley, Celeste, Chaos, P Bodycote (bodybag), Gary The Trike, Gully, Albie and everyone else whose forum name I have forgot. apologies for those who couldn't recognise me without the purple wig and pint of beer! :booze: I heard Mand had to turn back, hope everything is well?

After our brilliant MET office predicted heavy rain and flood warnings, it was good to see that it was actually bright, warm and sunny! Tossers!:rolleyes:

benson
07-05-2006, 03:53 PM
Good the see you too my lovely! You have to have that wig on the ebike - pleeeeeeaaaaase!!! Looks too cool!:mand: :mand: :mand:

stuartg
07-05-2006, 04:24 PM
Sorry Stu for missing you at the pre-arranged McD's, but the 125mph dash to try and catch you up was very enjoyable, even though you were in fact actually behind me and they turned out to be a group of CBR's and ZZR's. Doh!:o

Nice to meet some familiar faces and new ones as well, so let me say hi again to Julie, JMo, Benson, Melnie Mouse, Muttley, Celeste, Chaos, P Bodycote (bodybag), Gary The Trike, Gully, Albie and everyone else whose forum name I have forgot. apologies for those who couldn't recognise me without the purple wig and pint of beer! :booze: I heard Mand had to turn back, hope everything is well?

After our brilliant MET office predicted heavy rain and flood warnings, it was good to see that it was actually bright, warm and sunny! Tossers!:rolleyes:

Good to see you Steve

Mand and Alex turned up in the end.........by car

queen_gpants
07-05-2006, 05:15 PM
Nice to see you Steve even tho I didnt recognise you at first without the wig! :p

Glad you got home ok Stuart, had a horrible realisation on the way home that I had left the top of the Jerry can after filling the S4 and I was going to come home to a garage full of petrol fumes, not been a good day for remembering things has it! :p

stuartg
07-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Nice to see you Steve even tho I didnt recognise you at first without the wig! :p

Glad you got home ok Stuart, had a horrible realisation on the way home that I had left the top of the Jerry can after filling the S4 and I was going to come home to a garage full of petrol fumes, not been a good day for remembering things has it! :p

Mad bird. At least you remembered where you live eh?

You taking my advice re: not taping superbikes?

queen_gpants
07-05-2006, 07:12 PM
Well not at the moment no! :chuckle:

Mand
07-05-2006, 07:28 PM
Good to see you Steve

Mand and Alex turned up in the end.........by car

Yes we bluddy well did! We got totally soaked before we left Leicestershire, even soaked our to pigtails!

I kind of think I am a rain curse...... :cry: