PDA

View Full Version : Norfolk Rideout

neilbaldry
01-05-2006, 05:29 PM
whens the next one, and where gon' go?!

Nonnie
01-05-2006, 05:35 PM
Hello dear!

We were thinking of going to The Swan at Great Yarmouth Friday night? I will need to be taking it very very easy as it looks like my 11 year old will be pillion so I'll be keeping out of the way of those nasty cars.

I should have been free all weekend but I'm not and there is Ron Parkinsons Open Day in Colchester on the Saturday and The Ace Cafe's Italian thing on the Sunday, both of which I would have liked to have done but I won't be now.

You will just have to do the organising on this one if you fancy something this weekend!

Post it up and they will come. I just know it!

But in 3 weekends time I fancy a run to Somerleyton and will be looking for frequent flyers so you can pencil that one in?

Paranoid Dave
01-05-2006, 05:38 PM
Providing it's nice there'll be a load of us down at ron parkinsons so if you fancy going don't think you'll be alone. :D

neilbaldry
01-05-2006, 05:42 PM
where is this ron parkinsons you speak of?

somerleyton sounds cool, can try and get the last inch off my tyres lol

neilbaldry
01-05-2006, 05:46 PM
ron parkinsons = colchester hey! lol

i think i will be able to do one, but not both this weekend, as saturday my bro takes delivery of his '03 reg (but '02 shaped) ZX636R. so have to go out for a blast with him at some point of the weekend!

hopefully my 748/996 series carbon fibre front mudguard will arrive this week!

got my carbon fibre lower cowl on, and it looks mint!!

neilbaldry
01-05-2006, 06:03 PM
hows about a ride down to spareshack in the not too distant future??

Paranoid Dave
01-05-2006, 06:17 PM
are you MAD! I'd end up buying something. Seriously, not the nicest ride in the world but worth the visit if you want to buy shiny things. Not for me tho. Benson will probably sey yes but not right now as Franks been a bad boy.

neilbaldry
01-05-2006, 06:35 PM
shiny things - nah!
carbon fibre things - yay!!

lol

neilbaldry
02-05-2006, 08:13 PM
so whats the plan for saturday PD?

Paranoid Dave
02-05-2006, 08:25 PM
Plan? Well I need to check with my friends as i plan to haul them out for a bit. But I want to be there late morning. If you want to join the ride (probably just me?) then where shall we meet? What way do you head south. I can probably find a more interesting route to colchester, could meet you at the bottom of the A140 or wherever you want to drop into this neck of the woods. Needham Market is probably the place to head from, 1078 out to hadleigh, then out towards sudbry turning off early and then into colchester. Nice roads, even better from stowmarket if you want to ad another 10 miles to the day.

benson
02-05-2006, 08:31 PM
Frank is better and I will happily assist in the purchase of all things shiny - part magpie part biker.....

neilbaldry
02-05-2006, 08:37 PM
arh no! i dont do shiny! i do Carbon Fibre!

PD, i think the easiest way for me is to just head down on the A12, so anywhere down ther is good for me. you know, like anywhere between Woodbridge and Kesgrave would be best, cos after that is just tanking it down the A12! lol

damn i want an exhaust! i saw another SR monster on camp today, and it had Termi's! they sounded like pure sex!

benson
02-05-2006, 08:41 PM
Yeah well - it's all the same thing - obsessional spending to make our monsters even more beautiful - my previous monster had more than its fair share of carbon as I well remember - shiny...carbon...wottevvah!!!!!

Paranoid Dave
02-05-2006, 08:48 PM
Ok then so the A14 wherstead turn off for the A137, just over the bridge. It heads to manningtree and colchester on much nicer roads than the A12.
Shall we say 10.30 somewhere near the turn off on the 137.

neilbaldry
02-05-2006, 08:49 PM
yeah gotta spend alot of money to dress my lady in posh clothes!

Paranoid Dave
02-05-2006, 08:49 PM
what's your mob just in case of any probs.

jwood26
23-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Hi Neil. I take it you're in the RAF like mysadself?!!! Will be leaving dreary Colt soon to go to even drearier Marham. Would love to meet you and see ur bike as mine is wearing carbon fibre this season!!! My hubby is a heavy in GEF at Marham and rides a GPZ that we've just done up. Jackie

neilbaldry
25-05-2006, 11:11 AM
lol noway Jackie! my brother is a heavy, here at sunny Marham. Hes got a silver '03 reg ('02 shape) ZX636R.

i have seen at least (i say at least, i cant be sure of another) 2 other Monsters here at Marham, ones owned by a Flt Lt (its an M620 apparently) and ive seen another riding off camp when ive been playing football, dunno what model, but its red, with hi-level carbon termi's.

a meet could be on the cards, dependant of weather, i could be out on it this weekend.

Nonnie
25-05-2006, 01:37 PM
It's also the Friday night meet at Phil Goodes tomorrow night.

I am attached to children duties so y'all have fun now y'hear?