PDA

View Full Version : new forks or rechrome?

katefalconer
28-04-2006, 10:53 AM
Hi, i've just joined this website and have no idea whether i'm posting in the right forum or not, but here goes.

my much neglected 600 (n reg) sadly has pitted forks, and I don't know whether its better to get them rechromed or to buy new ones.

I've been told by someone who used to race/work for Monster Mob that new forks are the way to go, but saw a post here last year that said rechroming was probably better.

does anyone have any views on this?

cheers

kate

Pugi
28-04-2006, 11:03 AM
Hi and welcome, since everyone is going to the weekender (national meet) you might have to wait a few days for answers pouring in. Either way, if you decide to buy new forks, I have a pair of gold anodised ones that I'm looking to sell. Came off my bike a few months ago. :flag:

spacemonkey
28-04-2006, 12:55 PM
I got mine re chromed about 2 years ago from that place that advertises in the back of MCN. Great service, no probs, still going strong. However, the finish is not polished like the standard chrome, but it doesn't show that much.

grillphil
03-05-2006, 05:41 PM
Hi. This may be a cheaper option which i'm thinking of myself

http://shop.wemoto.com/pictures.dyn?u=/pictures/forks/wem0252.jpg&i=5834521&a=25672

Phil