PDA

View Full Version : Weekender ride up Sunday Beds/ Bucks/ Herts area

stuartg
27-04-2006, 06:42 AM
Anyone interested in meeting up to ride to the weekender on Sunday.
So far only me as a definate
Kevlar kid if he gets MOT sorted
Red Ruth ???
Markus ???
What about Madhatter + Rebel
Anyone else

markus
27-04-2006, 07:35 AM
Yep should be in

Redruth
27-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Yes, I'm interested. Should be doing the garden really but ... What's the plan? What time are you meeting and where?

slob
27-04-2006, 06:22 PM
MH and Rebel are at a rally on the IOW this weekend.

madhatter
27-04-2006, 07:07 PM
Anyone interested in meeting up to ride to the weekender on Sunday......What about Madhatter + Rebel...

Sorry Stu! Like Rob said, Rebel and I go to the Gallybaggers Rally on the Isle of Wight this weekend each year :drunk: , so unfortunately we always miss the weekender.

We all seem to keep missing one-another, I tried to get Beds and Bucks to both the Ace Cafe Buell day a couple of weeks ago, and the Southend run last weekend, but there were no takers! :worried:

I'll organise a get-together after the bank Holiday weekend.

Ride safe everyone going to the Weekender and have a great time! :booze:

MH & Rebel.
-------------

The Kevlar Kid
27-04-2006, 08:10 PM
Yes, I'm interested. Should be doing the garden really but ...

lol.. me too but a ride sounds a good idea :woot:

MOT sorted... along with two new hoops and a new battery :scratch: errrrr and some new leathers :twak: I really shouldn't be allowed a credit card... ;)

Spoke to Doc today, he will hopefully be up for this too..

Can we pick a meeting point so I can let him know where and when on Saturday... I'm crap at directions so just pick somewhere and I'll find it :o

Cheers me duck :D

The Kevlar Kid
27-04-2006, 08:13 PM
I'll organise a get-together after the bank Holiday weekend.

Nice one :D

Might be worth sending me a text if I don't respond to threads, as I can't get on here as much as I used to...:look:

stuartg
27-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Ultimately the Little Chef on the A5 at Milton Keynes is probably as good a place as any if Doc + Markus come.

Rob and Ruth, we could probably meet on route to Milton keynes around Dunstable/ Leighton Buzzard area. Ruth if you have any thoughts let us know.

Anyone got some ideas on meet times?

Redruth
28-04-2006, 08:54 AM
We are talking about Sunday, not Saturday, aren't we? Wheels International (ex bike shop, now closed down) at Hockliffe on the A5 is handy for me but would that mean coming back on yourself too much, Stu? Otherwise I think I know the Little Chef you're talking about on the A5, before MK on a roundabout, right?

Time wise, I have absolutely no idea how many miles it is to Arrow Mill (don't actually have a clue where it is but will find a map and look it up later). I'm assuming some time around 8 ish/8.30? I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Looking forward to meeting some fellow Monster riders.

stuartg
28-04-2006, 02:52 PM
We are talking about Sunday, not Saturday, aren't we? Wheels International (ex bike shop, now closed down) at Hockliffe on the A5 is handy for me but would that mean coming back on yourself too much, Stu? Otherwise I think I know the Little Chef you're talking about on the A5, before MK on a roundabout, right?

Time wise, I have absolutely no idea how many miles it is to Arrow Mill (don't actually have a clue where it is but will find a map and look it up later). I'm assuming some time around 8 ish/8.30? I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Looking forward to meeting some fellow Monster riders.

Ruth thats perfect for me. Just before Hockliffe on the A5 on the right is a McDonalds. We can meet there at 8.30.
Hopefully that suits Rob to.
Then on to Little Chef top of A5 Milton Keynes to hook up with Doc + Markus. I'll PM my mobile number to all.

Stuart

The Kevlar Kid
28-04-2006, 07:25 PM
Hocklife McDonalds at 8.30 Sunday sounds good to me :D I'll see you both there:D

My neighbours are gonna love me (:Furious: ) warming the bike up that early on a Sunday ;) :running:

stuartg
29-04-2006, 02:33 PM
So. Just to confirm we will be meeting at 8.30 at McDonalds on the A5 at Hockliffe, riding upto the outskirts of Milton Keynes to the Little Chef on the A5 to meet up with Markus + The Doctor to leave for Arrow Mill 9ish

So far looks like

Me
Kevlar Kid
Red Ruth
Markus
The Doctor
poss Nim

See you in the morning, hope the weather holds :)

The Kevlar Kid
29-04-2006, 08:20 PM
So. Just to confirm we will be meeting at 8.30 at McDonalds on the A5 at Hockliffe, riding upto the outskirts of Milton Keynes to the Little Chef on the A5 to meet up with Markus + The Doctor to leave for Arrow Mill 9ish

So far looks like

Me
Kevlar Kid
Red Ruth
Markus
The Doctor
poss Nim

See you in the morning, hope the weather holds :)

Check :biggrin:

Just heard from Doc.. he'll be at the Little Thief :biggrin:

Nim
29-04-2006, 09:53 PM
hi everyone...its probably too late for you to be reading this.....but, with my still severe hangover from last night, and the fact that im in the arse end of sussex tonight....im not going to be able to get back to my bike in surrey and then to milton keynes area for 8.30am....it just aint gonna happen! i really really wanted to meet you all, so will get my arse in gear for whatever is being done next...have a good time!

Redruth
30-04-2006, 10:09 PM
Well I had a great time. A few hours out on the bike. Nice roads, enjoyed being in a riedout with something like 100 (ish?) Monsters. Fantastic noise. Shame some of use followed some people who didn't know where they were going but made for some interesting detours. Great to meet lots of new people and to re-meet a couple I know from my 'other' club. Will definitely be up for the trackday (if Stuart sticks to his admittedly faint hearted commitment to bring my Monster up to Mallory) and nice to meet Fat Bloke - the man allegedly in charge.

Redruth

The Kevlar Kid
01-05-2006, 09:42 AM
Will definitely be up for the trackday (if Stuart sticks to his admittedly faint hearted commitment to bring my Monster up to Mallory).

LOL.. you've done it now mate ;)

and nice to meet Fat Bloke - the man allegedly in charge.

:D

Yup.. was a good ride up and back... nice to get a few of us out from Beds, Herts and Bucks. Good to meet Red Ruth, see Doc again and at least I remembered my money this time hey Stuart :D I enjoyed it once my hands thawed out from the first part of the ride up :twak:

stuartg
01-05-2006, 01:33 PM
If I keep a low profile do you think Ruth might forget :flamed:

madhatter
02-05-2006, 04:35 PM
I hope that you chaps haven't been bringing the Beds and Bucks counties into disrepute at the Weekender, while I've been behavin meself on the Isle of Wight! :D

Assuming that we don't get hail, sleet or snow this Sunday, are any of you Guys up for a trundle down to the Ace Cafe for Italian Day?