PDA

View Full Version : Carb Heaters

tommo
26-04-2006, 08:24 PM
The bike has decided that it no longer needs to hold in oil and that going up the road as a smoke machine is far more fun:twak:
it would appear that the copper washers in the banjo bolts holding the oil lines on the carb heaters are leaking,

so my question is as i am fairweather rider do i need these unsightly oil lines all over the place or can i do away with the lot? i know not all models have them but as i do, should i keep them?

also

while i'm at it i'm going to srtip and clean the carbs and fit a stage 2 dynojet kit. am i likely to need any new gaskets, bushes, etc.....?

all replies greatly recieved.:pedro:

Pedro
26-04-2006, 09:13 PM
The copper washers are the same as the ones used on the brakes. Nothing else needed when fitting a jet kit.

As for needing the carb warmers? Well mine are not connected and it runs just fine. Just as easy to replace the copper washers though!!!

Ped

MotoNik
27-04-2006, 07:47 PM
As for needing the oil coolers? Well mine are not connected and it runs just fine. Just as easy to replace the copper washers though!!!

Ped

As for needing the carb heaters I think you mean to put?

Good luck Tommo - keep us posted.

Nik

tommo
27-04-2006, 08:20 PM
have now replaced all the copper washers as i've decided i may as well keep the HEATERS as i've got them.
Just got to fit the dynojet kit and replace ALL the float bowl screws as someone has only gone and used a screw driver on the cadbury one's that are in there.

MotoNik
27-04-2006, 09:32 PM
A bit tight those, aren't they? Thought I might have trouble doing the dynojet kit on Em's bike. It was a bit touch and go getting them undone, and one of those jobs you'd only do with exactly the right driver.

Piece of cake once they're off, mind....

cheers,

Nik

tommo
27-04-2006, 09:52 PM
just finished fitting the kit and re set the float bowls to about 12mm high from 8mm?
hopefully refit everything tommorow night.

JMo
27-04-2006, 10:04 PM
You boys don't half like cutting it fine...

xxx

Pedro
27-04-2006, 10:51 PM
A bit tight those, aren't they? Thought I might have trouble doing the dynojet kit on Em's bike. It was a bit touch and go getting them undone, and one of those jobs you'd only do with exactly the right driver.

Piece of cake once they're off, mind....

cheers,

Nik

Ahem, cough, cough.....

Who fitted the kit? And who was it that dropped the jet on my garage floor??

:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

MotoNik
28-04-2006, 12:18 PM
Ahem, cough, cough.....

Who fitted the kit? And who was it that dropped the jet on my garage floor??

:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Yes, thank you for your assistance Pedro - I'd like to think it was a joint effort, being as you only helped with the easy bit! :-D

And yes, it almost went pear shaped when I managed to drop one of the expensive blighters on the floor!

Nik

Emily
28-04-2006, 01:26 PM
just finished fitting the kit and re set the float bowls to about 12mm high from 8mm?
hopefully refit everything tommorow night.

Does this mean that you're up for riding up together to Arrow Mill on Sunday then Tommo?

PM me or Nik if you need our mobiles numbers to confirm later this weekend, or to arrange where to meet etc.

Good luck!

Em

tommo
28-04-2006, 03:58 PM
still not sure Em as i still have the 1/2 litre of oil spray to get off my just cleaned engine, frame, WHITE wheels, etc but will pm if i can go.
if not have a good'en and i'll c u soon.

MotoNik
28-04-2006, 10:08 PM
Get the gunk on it - you get to smell lovely afterwards for days - you'll be fighting 'em off!

Nik

Pugi
28-04-2006, 10:25 PM
Get the gunk on it - you get to smell lovely afterwards for days - you'll be fighting 'em off!

Ha! Funny you should mention it... Lost count of the number of girls walking past on the street, giving me a friendly smile even though I'm covered in it. Student girls everywhere, coming round for a tinker tommo?

tommo
28-04-2006, 10:27 PM
i'll be there staight after work.......