PDA

View Full Version : Advice after crash on diesel?

Tarmacsurfer
24-04-2006, 12:14 PM
Morning all

This morning while riding down Bloomsbury Avenue in London I hit diesel slick and lost the front end of my Duke Monster. Luckily I did not go into the back of anyone. I was not the only one, 2 other guys had just crashed in front of me and even though we were trying to warn other riders about the danger 2 more slid off before the brigade turned up and closed the road. I have been given a CAD number to claim damages from but I have no idea what to do, does anyone know where and how I can claim back the damages to my bike.

Cheers all

Bruised and sore Tarmacsurfer.

Headhunter
24-04-2006, 12:55 PM
Sorry to hear about the slide!

Try these guys www.ridersupport.com

If they're not able to help (which I doubt very much) they should at least they'll point you in the right direction.

Hope you're back up and riding soon.

Pugi
24-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Sorry to hear that you've lived up to your forum name... :toilet:
Hope you're ok and that the bike isn't to badly bruised.

bod
24-04-2006, 06:31 PM
Was it the police who gave you the 'cad' number I imagine this is just a reference for the job.

Don't think you can legaly pin blame on any one unless a witness saw said lorry throwing diesel about.

Maybe get the CCTV footage from the garage (or ask them to save it for you(data protection ack and all that)Then get police to investigate.

Why should you loose out on your no claims?

ricky
24-04-2006, 06:37 PM
Very sorry to hear about your fall mate, its a disgrace but Its a far to common problem on our roads. Im in M.A.G and we are doing every thing we can to combat it!
http://www.mag-uk.org/content/pr/archive/31-jan-2003.html