PDA

View Full Version : servicing for Blackpool Area

chas
23-04-2006, 06:40 PM
Hi All

Nearest Ducati service agent in Blackpool area needed, anyone now what happened to Fylde Superbikes, I need to get my monster back on the road it requires MOT servive and also its had a recall for the fuel pipe?

Cheers

Rockhopper
23-04-2006, 07:30 PM
I think Flyde Superbikes are now Ducati Manchester in Knutsford.

Black Ferret
24-04-2006, 03:27 AM
Hi Chas,

Since opening Fylde Superbikes always had a connection to Ducati Manchester. Same "owner" of both dealerships or something. They shared mechanics and all Fylde Superbikes' Ducati parts came via Manchester. When I bought my bike from Ducai Manchester, they pulled it from the Blackpool showroom.

It seems Fylde Superbikes hasn't really gone away its just changed its identity. And become:

htttp://www.wyderhonda.co.uk/

I got an e-mail from Fylde Superbikes telling me so.

There still seems to be a link between Ducati Manchester and Wyder Honda, erstwhile Fylde Superbikes, as Ducati Manchester told told me I can drop my bike off at Wyder Honda in Preston and it'd be taken to Ducati Manchester, by van, for free. But that may be because I complained about the service I was getting from them.

An alternative might be ITALSPORT in Bury. A little closer than Knutsford. I don't know what they're like. There might be some opinions on them in this forum

IITALSPORT
Unit 1-3, Yarwood Street
Bury, Manchester, United Kingdom BL9 7AU
Tel.: +44 0161 797 6124

If you don't have to 900 is and if you need to take it to a dealer for its service. But there's an ex Ducati mechanic operating as a mobile mechanic from out Bispham way called Paul Olerton, I think. He's serviced my 900ss ('93 L reg) a couple of times. And I'd recomend him, does good work at very good rates. A full service with new front break pads and plugs, oil etc (admitedly over eighteen months ago now - 900 sadly neglected since I got the Monster) was ninty odd quid. The fact that my 900ss runs on carbs and you have an injection model might make a difference, not sure if he's got equipment for electronic engine management systems.

Good luck getting back on the road

chas
24-04-2006, 05:25 PM
Cheers for that your right what you say, I got an e-mail of the owner of wyderhonda

chas