PDA

View Full Version : Norfolk Rideout Reports 22nd/23rd April

Nonnie
23-04-2006, 03:45 PM
Yes folks it's time for those all important, often a little bit cheeky, never dull rideout reports.

Saturday saw Norfolk (Rod and me) off to Southend (The seaside of London). I know I've lived in the country too long now. It's manic, scary, mental and all that and more but Benson was right as ever and the chips at Bayleys were great. You're right, they've not changed the sign since 1974 but spot on with the battered sausage.

Went the wrong way down the A12 going there and coming back! Yes! Both ways, incredible really. 248 miles altogether yesterday. Achey bones and now I need bigger leathers/winter suits as all the winters stews and dumplings have caught up with me. I know this now. I feel the pain.

Saw Benson, Hugh (Evil Kneivel), Madhatter, Rebel, Stu65, Slob on a Buell (We heart the Buell) Mark? and I'm really sorry I think there was another but I cannot remember what happened yesterday so a marvellous turnout from other places.

Todays rideout was also a success! Yes, really! Rod, I, Neil Baldry, Willow, PDiddleysquat and my neighbour on a Honda. Off to Beccles, a great road to Aldeburgh before we hit the A12 lead by Neil, the best chips in Suffolk and another battered sausage for me but I dropped it which means obviously my body is subconciously telling me to stop bloody eating crap like that or nothing will fit me anymore, a walk along the seafront, a little bit of rain and then home.

Nice to see everyone again and a special hello to those I hadn't had the pleasure of meeting properly. You really must come out more often!

How about a run to a healthy eating establishment at some point over the summer?

Paranoid Dave
23-04-2006, 03:49 PM
Little bit of rain indeed, until i left aldeburgh and it changed to a lot of nasty spitty rain. Can i be bothered to clean her pre- mill???

neilbaldry
23-04-2006, 04:12 PM
great riding weather saturday, not so great today. stopped of at the folks house, and it was when i left there, it really started to rain! somewhat dampened the spirits, but now im safe and warm in my room!

i dont know of any healthy eating establishments! but maybe we could do a 'coastal tour' this summer, by visiting as many coastal towns/ villages and savouring their chips! im thinking places like hunstanton, cromer, gt. yarmouth, lowestoft, walberswick, aldeburgh, places like that!

Nonnie
23-04-2006, 04:22 PM
Then I think we'll be coming with you!

Benson has the AA guide to roadside cafes and truckstops which I think I'll get her to send across.

We didn't get too much rain, just a little on the A12 then it brightened up all the way home. (sorry)

Next stop North Norfolk I reckon. Sunny Hunny.....

Paranoid Dave
23-04-2006, 04:31 PM
Dunwich, now there's a chippy!

neilbaldry
23-04-2006, 04:35 PM
lucky we have the whole of the summer to get round the coast! could start at the wash, and word our way down to essex!

Paranoid Dave
23-04-2006, 04:37 PM
As much as i like chips, maybe we should broaden the horizon to all food. Cafe fry ups, Chippies, and crumble stops too of course. After all we are ....

TEAM CRUMBLE!

Nonnie
23-04-2006, 04:42 PM
Yes, I'd forgotten about that!

I like Neils idea of working our way round the sticky out bit of the UK.

neilbaldry
23-04-2006, 04:50 PM
i would be happy if all the cars in east anglia were to dissapear for all the days we wanted to ride out! lol so many places we can go to over the summer, maybe we should make a list now? then we can start to plan stuff, like the places to go?

benson
23-04-2006, 04:54 PM
Hello one and all - I'm home!!! Great ride through the New Forest and my own personal rain cloud for 90 miles - hmmm - I'm a little damp and not in a good way - YES YES YES to an eating tour of the UK I like it already and i will gladaly share my boook of healthy (not) eating establishemnts - en route we simply have to go and stay at the Sarum Guesthouse which is where I stayed last night - oppostie the BEST pub in the world which really ought to be called the Chav and Lettuce but sadly isn't and then a Chinese take away 10 minutes walk down the road and the lovely guesthouse owner Jenny who is cracking and loves bikes and horses - I sort of promised her a return with the Monsters in the summer!!! Glad Aldeburgh was good - I haven't had chips yet today so better go and do somethng about it!!!

neilbaldry
23-04-2006, 05:01 PM
a few long weekends sound like a plan! - i'd just have to save up! petrol and food money being all i would need to spend!