PDA

View Full Version : New 1 piece race suits £100

Gilps
22-04-2006, 04:10 PM
Its not me selling and I'm not on commision but I saw these yesterday and thought they may be of interest, particularly for newbies doing the trackday.
George Whites in Swindon (the Honda bit, not the Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki branch) are selling 1 piece race suits for £100. They are branded either SRS or RSR, can't remember which. They are black leather with silver/grey bits stuck on, and hard knee sliders. They don't look too power ranger-ish if you know what I mean. The rather unhelpful member of staff told me that they only have medium and large, and that they were brought in from the US. The tag say "imported by Kawasaki" and apparently are marked down from £500. The flyer on the door says "limited stock". Well, they've got sh1t-loads of them. I'm still umming and aaring over the track day but I think these look ideal. The only downside is that you have to deal with George Whites and their service is worse than mine, and I hate tennis.

ricky
22-04-2006, 04:20 PM
Its not me selling and I'm not on commision but I saw these yesterday and thought they may be of interest, particularly for newbies doing the trackday.
George Whites in Swindon (the Honda bit, not the Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki branch) are selling 1 piece race suits for £100. They are branded either SRS or RSR, can't remember which. They are black leather with silver/grey bits stuck on, and hard knee sliders. They don't look too power ranger-ish if you know what I mean. The rather unhelpful member of staff told me that they only have medium and large, and that they were brought in from the US. The tag say "imported by Kawasaki" and apparently are marked down from £500. The flyer on the door says "limited stock". Well, they've got sh1t-loads of them. I'm still umming and aaring over the track day but I think these look ideal. The only downside is that you have to deal with George Whites and their service is worse than mine, and I hate tennis.
Is it only one piece suits? and how far is swindon from arrowmill?

Mand
22-04-2006, 04:49 PM
how far is swindon from arrowmill?

Just looked on Greenflag Ricky, about 58 miles.

ricky
22-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Just looked on Greenflag Ricky, about 58 miles.
MMM might take a looksie!!:eyepopping:

dlloyduk
22-04-2006, 06:01 PM

Are they out like these RSR ones in the link below?
Do they do mail order?

http://www.motorcycle-clothing-store.co.uk/acatalog/Scott_Motorcycle_Leathers.html

Gilps
22-04-2006, 06:04 PM
Are they out like these RSR ones in the link below?
Do they do mail order?

http://www.motorcycle-clothing-store.co.uk/acatalog/Scott_Motorcycle_Leathers.html
I don't think they look like those from what I remember. Mind you I only saw them on the hangars. If I get time on Monday I will pop in and take a couple of photos. I'm doing my Bikesafe tomorrow so cannot do it then.

Gilps
22-04-2006, 06:06 PM
Is it only one piece suits? and how far is swindon from arrowmill?
They did have jackets but I can't remember seeing trousers. Ladies and mens jackets. I check it out properly on Monday and post again.

ricky
22-04-2006, 08:03 PM
They did have jackets but I can't remember seeing trousers. Ladies and mens jackets. I check it out properly on Monday and post again.
Can you check to see if they do SHORT leg pretty please? :p i'll get ya a pint!! :drunk:

Gilps
22-04-2006, 09:01 PM
Can you check to see if they do SHORT leg pretty please? :p i'll get ya a pint!! :drunk:
Will do, but I only drink gin.

ricky
23-04-2006, 06:40 AM
Will do, but I only drink gin.
A PINT of gin? jesus that'll cost me more than the leathers!!:mand:

Gilps
25-04-2006, 01:58 PM
Well, I just bought one. They are by SRS Sonic Racing Suit. Can't find a web site for them, its probably just a trading name for a some Indonesian sweat shop. they were distributed by Kawasaki USA. They are cut on the small side. I bought a medium. I'm 5'6" at a push, 38 chest, and 29" inside leg. The leg is really about 2" longer than I would like as it is right down to the top of my foot. I may get it altered or live with it for a while. Other than that its quite snug. a medium on me normally has a bit more room. The chap in the shop reckons that a large is ideal for someone about 6' with 42" chest.
There are a few air vents. The flaps on the front are velcroed and hold back with magnets. There is a shoulder vent too.
they will post if you cover the cost.
They have 3 small left, several medium, and loads of large, but nothing bigger. they have jackets but no trousers. here are photos. Thats a manequin, not me!