PDA

View Full Version : Have a look eh?

Gee
20-04-2006, 10:26 AM
On a serious note to the usual banter on here, THE TRACK DAY.

I find it a great shame and a bit of a shock that even after the fact that all who attend the track days, give them all rave revues, that we cannot get 80 riders together to fill this one???
The track is now booked and therefore the cost for this day will have to be covered. At the moment it is not!
It was my 1st UKMOC trackday last year. I have done many trackdays on many tracks around the UK but always on sportsbikes. These multi bike events with 190mph superbikes and tales of daring do can be a bit intimidating if its your 1st time out.
The Monster only day was a whole new experience. With the support and guidance of the instructors and the fact that Mallory is not a horsepower track it became an involving and reassuring day.
The entire paddock is all riding the same bike so whatever the problem you may have, be it bike or rider related there is always someone to answer your questions and solve your problems. May not be the right answer but they all have a go!!??

I HAVE A PROPOSAL
As I understand it WE are 20 places short. I say "WE" as this is for us and not to fill the coffers.
If those of us that have paid were to put forward an extra £15 each this would reduce the deficit by £900 leaving only 12 places to fill to cover the costs, I have an idea for those too.
COME ON PEOPLE, PUT YOUR HANDS IN YOUR POCKETS AND SUPPORT YOUR DAY LEST IT SHOULD BE THE LAST!!!

Bodybag
20-04-2006, 01:18 PM
I am up for paying a bit more if it saves the day. To those who are still trying to make up their minds, what is there to think about?

Monsters only, no lunatic banzai riders AND free instruction from professional trackday instructors (oh and the entire Ducati test fleet is there to be ridden by us too)!!!

You have to be slightly mad not to want to do this!!

Gee
20-04-2006, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the support.
I see a fairfew of you have read this thread but no replies!
Monster Owners CLUB is it?
Can I just add that if any of you lot who are going to Mallory and are able to find the paltry £15 extra to help things along would you leave a post on this thread so we could get a head and money count so we know who can pay the extra and how much can be raised.
Thankyou all.

sadbiker
20-04-2006, 01:44 PM
I was hoping for my missus to go on it, as she did it 2 years ago. But after looking at finances, We decided on just myself. We will be both coming up and will be stopping over somewhere so will already be footing probabley up to £200 for the pleasure.

Having been with my missus to the one in 2003 it was a cracking day for all, with the support that was on site it was much better than a standard trackday. It gives support for so called Novices, so those who are unsure about it you ride at the pace you are happy with, you will find out more about your bike than you can ever on the road in complete safety.

So anybody out there wavering go on enjoy the day..

slob
20-04-2006, 01:50 PM
I have no problem with that.

Ade
20-04-2006, 02:13 PM
Ive been to 2 of these UKMOC track days. The first time I ever went on a track was at Mallory, nothing short of fantastic. A perfect way to have a first introduction to a track day. The novice group is like a ride out, except there are no hidden dangers, blind corners, cow poo, road debris, it is so safe/enjoyable.If you want to go a wee bit faster, intermediates, if you want to really twist the throttle then the fast group. Dont be put off because its a race track, you dont have to race, you can just go in the novices, until you get a bit more confidence.
£15 gets my vote

MilesB
20-04-2006, 03:21 PM
Monster Owners CLUB is it?
Yes it is - and it takes all sorts.

The UKMOC is a great club, but as Terry (Fatbloke) once said to me: in the UK, the sort of person who buys a Ducati Monster is an individual - and actually creating a club of individuals is quite an impressive thing.

As an active club member, I contribute both on the Forum and on the road - I turn up to meets and organise rideouts. There are those who live for track days - and even have track only bikes. Me - I like to use my bike to go places... not round and round in circles:mand:

I think it is fantastic that the Club is big enough to organise things like this, but that doesn't mean that I have to participate.
In my case:
1) I don't actually want to do a track day.
2) Even if I did, I can't afford it at the moment.

Miles

Pedro
20-04-2006, 04:49 PM
If it helps I'm ok with the £15

Ped

zaker
20-04-2006, 05:37 PM
What date is the track day and what is the cost ???

Cheers.

fatbloke
20-04-2006, 05:41 PM
What date is the track day and what is the cost ???

Cheers.

The link to the booking form is at the bottom Paul

Thursday 8th June 2006
Just in case you're not aware of what you get for your £115 here it is.:>
1) A fantastic track day with free intruction.
2) The Ducati exhibiton truck will there and use for the UKMOC base.
3) Ducati will be bringing along there press fleet and members will be able to try out the new models on the track.
4) Ducati will also be providing a buffet lunch (entrants only)
5) Special guest Paul Smart will be along to sign autographs, chat and throw abuse at me.
6) a unique friendly atmosphere
7) you'll learn more about you and your monster in one day at Mallory than months of riding on the roads.
8) you will make me very happy, because if we fill the trackday I won't have to pay the short fall in money!!!

Hope you can make it
Heres the link to the booking form
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/downloads/trackday06.pdf

NattyBoy
20-04-2006, 07:25 PM
I'll stump up the extra if neccesary..

Mand
20-04-2006, 07:47 PM
Count me in too. £15 right at yer!

JMo
20-04-2006, 08:29 PM
We're not out of the woods yet, but I understand we have had a few more entries this week, and I do feel that after the Monster Weekender we'll certainly see a fair few more wanting to take part in another club event...

It happened the last two years like that, and I know this year we have a lot of new members coming along - who if they are at all nervious now, once they get to meet everyone and enjoy the UKMOC's own brand of humour and atmosphere, I'm sure will be keen to join in our other organised national events...

I'll see you there anyway!

xxx

Gee
22-04-2006, 09:34 AM
Yes it is - and it takes all sorts.

The UKMOC is a great club, but as Terry (Fatbloke) once said to me: in the UK, the sort of person who buys a Ducati Monster is an individual - and actually creating a club of individuals is quite an impressive thing.

As an active club member, I contribute both on the Forum and on the road - I turn up to meets and organise rideouts. There are those who live for track days - and even have track only bikes. Me - I like to use my bike to go places... not round and round in circles:mand:

I think it is fantastic that the Club is big enough to organise things like this, but that doesn't mean that I have to participate.
In my case:
1) I don't actually want to do a track day.
2) Even if I did, I can't afford it at the moment.

Miles
Just in response to this.
There are those out there that were sitting on the fence not sure of what to do. Those that wanted to have a go but felt it could be a bridge too far. I thought it was fairly obvious who the original thread was aimed at but i'll clarify.
If you don't like track days and never wish to try one then ignor my thread. If you thinking about it then I have never been on a more relaxed and better organised day to get you started.
The point being, I am sure there are more than 80 members who are interested and could fill this wonderful day.
By the way, Although it seems you did'nt like what I had to say, regardless of that and your opinion it seems to of had the desired effect, the Trackday is filling and the moneys coming in.
Oh, a trackday is also about developing your riding skills techniques and understanding your bike. Many people learn a huge amount on their trackdays and alot of this can be translated to improve road riding.
As for round and round in circles, go find a roundabout.

For all those that did post a positive reply to the original thread, thankyou very much, love ya loads. El Tel has called me to say many more of you have professed your undying love for track days and pledged money to the cause.
It would seem however that more ARE now coming so the £15 can, in fact, go towards the Early Morning Starter at the Little chef on the way to the track!