PDA

View Full Version : Chips at Aldeburg April 23rd

Paranoid Dave
18-04-2006, 04:47 PM
Ok so there seems to be a theme running throughout the east anglia section, CHIPS CHIPS and more CHIPS. Oh what the hell lets have more, at least these are the best in suffolk so why the hell not.

Myself and a few others are gonna be sat on the sea wall munching this sunday (23rd) Should anyone fancy coming along. Not planning on doing a lot - cos there aint much there to do :D

Would be rude of me not to advertise our intentions to rumble into town, especially if there are people looking for a place to visit, and eat CHIPS :D

Nonnie
18-04-2006, 06:45 PM
PDiddley, I may just be there. Feeding seagulls the remnants of my packet of chips. He's right, they are the best in Suffolk.

Having a rumble in from Beccles McDonalds, if you know where I mean then you know where I mean.

Come on folks, this is your chance if you can't make the chips at Southend on Saturday then you can have chips at Aldeburgh on Sunday!

Gosh, we look after you don't we?!

benson
18-04-2006, 07:07 PM
I'll be having chips in Southampton on the way to Sammy Miller's Motorcycle Museum - I'll toast you with a hip and ketchup!
xxx

Nonnie
18-04-2006, 08:54 PM
Hip and ketchup?!

Sounds cool. I'll have one of those!

benson
18-04-2006, 09:00 PM
Maybe that's what will become of us as aging bikers - hip replacements....

I still have visions of the heated pants and an unfortunate end throuigh incontinence....

Sorry - thread hijack over!!!

neilbaldry
20-04-2006, 02:27 PM
we are gonna have to make sum noise at the (gillingham) beccles macdonalds! i know for a fact there are alot of 16/ 17 yr olds hand there with their scooters and 125 race reps! the looks on their faces wehn we show up! lol worth taking a camera methinks!

Paranoid Dave
20-04-2006, 04:09 PM
mine will be with me anyway, glad you're coming, nice to add a new face to the meets.

Nonnie
20-04-2006, 04:21 PM
Hey Neil, one of my favourite past times is scooter baiting.

hehe See you Sunday, reckon 11 at Beccles McD?

neilbaldry
21-04-2006, 01:26 AM
11 sounds good! its a good place to meet, as you can gas up, go for a potty-stop, or get a quick bite to eat there! is the planned route just a blast down the A12?

i dunno if any of you have been, but my friend tells me the roads round Summerleyton are awesome, so maybe another sunday?

Nonnie
21-04-2006, 07:50 AM
The road to Somerleyton is like a ribbon of tarmac acros the fields, there is also a great pub there serving fantastic food. Yes, another time!

Don't know the route yet, sure we can find something more exciting than the A12.

neilbaldry
21-04-2006, 11:52 AM
sounds splendiferous!

see you all sunday at 11, at the gillingham macdonalds!

Paranoid Dave
21-04-2006, 04:03 PM
Hmmm i have a map in my lap, lets have a look shall we children...

It looks simple to me, A145 south of Beccles, B1125 past dunwich and then the B1122 into Chipburgh

I don't think there's a better way without triple the journey length as all the roads head back the wrong way.

neilbaldry
21-04-2006, 06:16 PM
sounds good - tho one thing that i had to be wary of today, most of the B-roads round marham are covered in dirty tractor tyre marks, dunno what it'll be like in 'sunny' suffolk!