PDA

View Full Version : Ride-up to weekender

Lady-Bob
18-04-2006, 10:41 AM
Hi all,

Slob is organising a fast ride up from the Ace Cafe.

Should anyone wish to join him and Slobette, please pm him for more details of route and timing (he can also give you an easy way to get to the Ace).

I believe Albie won't be able to ride up with Caroline until later, in the afternoon due to Caroline's work. Milesb & Susan also have a prior comittment so may I suggest Milesb, Susan, Albie and Caroline organise riding up together in the afternoon?

As for me... I shall be leaving Orpington at approx 10.50am taking the following route :

M25 anticlockwise (via Dartford Tunnel)
along to J18 of M25 to connect onto M40.

M40
along to J15 of M40 to connect onto A46 toward Stratford/Alcester

Arrow and then Arrow Mill signposted from there.

I do not intend to blast up there at a rate of knots as I will be exhausted before I get there! I envisage averaging 70 - 80 mph travel and trike permitting.

We will be having regular toilet/petrol stops enroute.

GaryT do you want to meet us at the petrol station before the Dartford Tunnel like last year at around 11-11.10am?

Gully, you are welcome to ride up with us. You can either meet us with Gary or you are welcome to meet at my house first at approx 10.40 - let me know which you prefer.

If anyone else wants to ride up with me and hubby, Stewart - please post and let me know where you want to meet up.

Lady-Bob
18-04-2006, 10:42 AM
Perhaps once at Arrow Mill we can all get together and discuss riding home en-mass?

MilesB
18-04-2006, 12:00 PM
Milesb & Susan also have a prior comittment so may I suggest Milesb, Susan, Albie and Caroline organise riding up together in the afternoon?
which you prefer.
Correct - Susan and I are unlikely to leave central London until 1:00pm... Oh deep joy - all the way through London with a dry clutch:grump:

From there, we will head for Oxford A40/M40, A44 to Ecesham, then turn right for Alcester. Should get to the Mill late afternoon.

slob
18-04-2006, 12:26 PM
I'm near the North End of the Blackwall tunnel. I'm heading up sometime on Friday. PM me if you're up for 'making good progress' with minimal stops on smallish roads. I might conceivably wait for MIles/Susan at the Ace 'til about 2PM... plans still a bit fluid for now.

scrapps
18-04-2006, 05:30 PM
Hi slob i am up for blat to weekender and for meet at ace,:thumbsup: but if you near end of blackwall maybe meet before then and ride up to ace as will use tunnel to get to ace from hear.

slob
18-04-2006, 06:38 PM
You have a PM

gary tompkins
18-04-2006, 07:42 PM
As for me... I shall be leaving Orpington at approx 10.50am taking the following route :

M25 anticlockwise (via Dartford Tunnel)
along to J18 of M25 to connect onto M40.

M40
along to J15 of M40 to connect onto A46 toward Stratford/Alcester

Arrow and then Arrow Mill signposted from there.

I do not intend to blast up there at a rate of knots as I will be exhausted before I get there! I envisage averaging 70 - 80 mph travel and trike permitting.

We will be having regular toilet/petrol stops enroute.

GaryT do you want to meet us at the petrol station before the Dartford Tunnel like last year at around 11-11.10am? snip>.

Don't see why not - but it may be better to keep your options open for a possible clockwise M25 run to the M40, in which case we could meet at J4 or Clacket lane services? Used the great circular car park for a work run into Willesden & Acton today, and it was a total arse in both directions :grump:

Lorry fire Anti-CW in Essex on the way out resulted in 2 hrs to crawl 3 miles. Then to add insult to injury a multiple pile up near J10 caused another hours stop/start session on the way home. Needless to say not exactly overjoyed at the prospect of hitting the M25 for our run on Friday, as I'll have zero option on filtering if we get bogged down.

I'll get the maps out and suss some alternative routes, using A & B roads with as much dual carridgway as much as possible, just in case our prefered route is completely bolloxed by traffic problems.

JMo
18-04-2006, 07:57 PM
Nor touting for punters either, but the Surrey/Sussex contingent are planning on leaving Reigate Hill (J8 M25) at 11.30am, then going clockwise until J13 before cutting across to Windsor, Henley-on-Thames, Wallingford, to meet up with Pedro (and?) at Fox's about 1pm. From there we take the A415 to Whitney, then the A40/A424 to Stow-on-the-wold, before a wazz down fish hill on the A44 to Evesham and on to the Mill... far nicer run than the motorways/main roads - you are welcome to join us too if that fits in with your timescale?

xxx

Albie
18-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Yep it seems that we alas wont be leaving until about 4 alas. Sorry .At least we can ride home together. Just get the drinks in for our arrival and maybe surround us with headlights so we can erect tent.:D Minimal stops for fuel only for us then lol:on:

Lady-Bob
19-04-2006, 10:14 AM
Don't see why not - but it may be better to keep your options open for a possible clockwise M25 run to the M40, in which case we could meet at J4 or Clacket lane services? Used the great circular car park for a work run into Willesden & Acton today, and it was a total arse in both directions :grump:

Lorry fire Anti-CW in Essex on the way out resulted in 2 hrs to crawl 3 miles. Then to add insult to injury a multiple pile up near J10 caused another hours stop/start session on the way home. Needless to say not exactly overjoyed at the prospect of hitting the M25 for our run on Friday, as I'll have zero option on filtering if we get bogged down.

I'll get the maps out and suss some alternative routes, using A & B roads with as much dual carridgway as much as possible, just in case our prefered route is completely bolloxed by traffic problems.

I had thought of the clockwise route, but realised it is a bank holiday weekend. Clacket Lane Services is bad at any time of year and you will have problems filtering, more traffic due to Gatwick then Heathrow getaways and, by looking at my map, more speed cameras to boot. Thought it best to take our chances anticlockwise. TBH I thought it wasn't bad going last year anticlockwise and we made good progress.

I'm still up for anticlockwise through the tunnel, just for sheer straightforwardness if nothing else. But If you can get the map out and look for an alternative route just in case it would be appreciated :D

Lady-Bob
19-04-2006, 10:18 AM
Nor touting for punters either, but the Surrey/Sussex contingent are planning on leaving Reigate Hill (J8 M25) at 11.30am, then going clockwise until J13 before cutting across to Windsor, Henley-on-Thames, Wallingford, to meet up with Pedro (and?) at Fox's about 1pm. From there we take the A415 to Whitney, then the A40/A424 to Stow-on-the-wold, before a wazz down fish hill on the A44 to Evesham and on to the Mill... far nicer run than the motorways/main roads - you are welcome to join us too if that fits in with your timescale?

xxx

Thanks for your offer JMo

I'm sure they will all see your post here. I will leave it up to them as to which option they chose. So long as we all get to the Hotel safely and have a great time. :drunk: .. I'm not fussed who goes with who! ;)

No, Not a hijack JMo but a generous offer to our Kent Lot - thanks:thumbsup:

GULLY
19-04-2006, 09:53 PM
I had thought of the clockwise route, but realised it is a bank holiday weekend. Clacket Lane Services is bad at any time of year and you will have problems filtering, more traffic due to Gatwick then Heathrow getaways and, by looking at my map, more speed cameras to boot. Thought it best to take our chances anticlockwise. TBH I thought it wasn't bad going last year anticlockwise and we made good progress.

I'm still up for anticlockwise through the tunnel, just for sheer straightforwardness if nothing else. But If you can get the map out and look for an alternative route just in case it would be appreciated :D

Hi Bob,
I'll meet you at 10.40 at your gaff if that is okay.:mand:
I think traffic is going to be a nightmare whichever way we go, I personally think that clockwise would be the quicker route (I went clockwise this bank holiday by car and whilst Clacket Lane was jammed it was moving and we were only there for about 5 mins). I'll go with the majority, though so if you want to go anti-clockwise,clockwise i am cool
Cheers
Gully

Lady-Bob
20-04-2006, 11:44 AM
Hi Bob,
I'll meet you at 10.40 at your gaff if that is okay.:mand:
I think traffic is going to be a nightmare whichever way we go, I personally think that clockwise would be the quicker route (I went clockwise this bank holiday by car and whilst Clacket Lane was jammed it was moving and we were only there for about 5 mins). I'll go with the majority, though so if you want to go anti-clockwise,clockwise i am cool
Cheers
Gully

Bless yeorrrr arrrt Gully.
Consider that a date!!! :p