PDA

View Full Version : Handling now sorted, but what settings do you use?

dlloyduk
18-04-2006, 12:50 AM
Sorted the scary handling on my 620 that's fitted with Showa forks,I always put most of the problem down to me but it now seems I can do corners but the bike could not!
I now understand that the bike was trying to jump across the road at every small bump making me think that the forks may not be rebounding fast enough.It was giving me Zero confidence in corners.:shocked:
I checked and recorded the settings and discovered 1 leg rebound damping 3 clicks out and the other 6 clicks out?? Set them both at 9 clicks out and its like a new bike really. The difference is astounding and it took less than 10 mins and cost nothing, and its the best Mod I will ever make. The front end now stays on line on all but the worst surface and is giving me loads of confidence.:thumbsup: I have now checked the compression damping and found that it was 3 clicks out on 1 leg and 5 on the other?? I,ve now set both at 8 and will try it tomorrow.

Does anybody have any suspension settings recorded for monsters fitted with Showa forks that I could use as a guide?

And a tip if your is fitted with adjustable suspension check and record the settings don't just live with it like I did!:twak: