PDA

View Full Version : Coppers hunting bikers!

Yorkie
16-04-2006, 12:45 PM
The NYPD and County Durham police are doing a crack down on bikers this Bankholiday.

Just bikers no-one else!!

Try and stay away from biking routes, Helmsley-Scarborough-Whitby loop etc.

Hopefully this will be the yearly crack down, and we can ride in piece after this!

The roundabouts on the A168 are bacon free, as i have surfed those for about 2 hours today!

Keep it sticky side down!

Yorkie.

zaker
16-04-2006, 01:59 PM
Dead right mate, just been nicked outside Matlock bath for small number plate.£30 fine. And yes only bikers being done. He must of had about 100 or more sumons slips, mainly cans & plates

DesmoDog
16-04-2006, 02:36 PM
Dead right mate, just been nicked outside Matlock bath for small number plate.£30 fine. And yes only bikers being done. He must of had about 100 or more sumons slips, mainly cans & plates

Crikey, glad I'm not on the road what with little plate at a rakish angle and noisy noisy cans I think I'd be in trouble.

dazzi-b
16-04-2006, 03:16 PM
On Friday the A64 at Tadcaster had it's fair share of cop vehicles............ 4 within a half mile stretch. What a waste of public money:Furious: Didn't see anybody pulled up but the traffic jam they caused stretched back a couple of miles with people slowing right down. It just wasn't justified at all. I was sure they were going to use the excuse we were filtering between the que of traffic to pull us up and give the bikes the once over :mad:

bigredduke
16-04-2006, 06:41 PM
We really have lost our way as a civilised society when some people (ie. bikers) get nicked for a smaller than standard number plate and some people receive a nothing more than a caution for raping another person.

eonan
16-04-2006, 06:49 PM
Tam...he's a member on here, and Ducati Up North...just posted this:

"Was talking to a few of the guys on the egg run today and they told me that the bizzies are pullin every biker over whose travelling through Crieff, checking them for illegal cans and small number plates so be warned"

What the hell's going on eh :twak:

Out of curiosity...what happens if you get caught again...and er, again. I know initially its a fine, but eventually, do we start talking points?

Stuart42
17-04-2006, 07:45 AM
So what's with noisy can's these days?Was told at MOT that as long as no writing on it, presumably race use only or the like, and the tester is happy they not too loud they'll pass?
Gotta be careful today Hampshire way as BSB at Thruxton so squeelers are out already this morning, saw two on way to work just now.

Take it easy
Cheers
Stuart

tamtbam@hotmail
17-04-2006, 09:31 AM
There pullin you over for tinted visors as well. How far do they want to go.

Yorkie
17-04-2006, 11:57 AM
North Yorkshire do it once or twice a year. It is advertised in the local papers and on the news - thats a plus!

The annoying thing is it is just bikers, not boy racers etc!!

I have as most of you will have : Loud cans, black visor (I always carry a clear one!) and small plate.

I wont change!! Keep safe out there!!

Yorkie.

eonan
17-04-2006, 12:09 PM
So now my rucksack is going to have a set of stock cans, as well as large plate and clear visor :p

ricky
17-04-2006, 01:09 PM
i was out yesterday and trampin it on abit, just at the end of a straight a car comin the other way flashed it lightsi didnt know them and they didnt wave so it had to be only one thing.........COPS! so i got on the anchors ans sure enough there they were, traffic branch! Its a road were 120mph is easy so im sure they got a few bikes that day!! I went past them at 45mph which the law states i must do, u should of seen there faces!! :p

dazzi-b
17-04-2006, 08:29 PM
North Yorkshire do it once or twice a year. It is advertised in the local papers and on the news - thats a plus!

The annoying thing is it is just bikers, not boy racers etc!!

The North Yorks lot have just spent all day pulling up bikers in and around Sherburn in their nice new grey unmarked volvo.
I was sent a text whilst I was at work at half 2 this afternoon telling me it had been seen doing so and at half 8 this evening as I was driving home I saw the very same pulling up a bike near Aberford :thumbsdown:
They will have made enough money today to buy another car tomorrow and double thier income next weekend :Furious: