PDA

View Full Version : Tax disc placement

Pugi
15-04-2006, 03:18 PM
Least bad place to put it?
I didn't like it on the front caliper (besides I'd have to retorque it) and I find the headlight bracket fitment looking uglier. The least bad place so far seems to be the exhaust hanger, but I have a 2-in-1 system on the R/H side. How important is it to have it on the L/H side? Suggestions?

Paranoid Dave
15-04-2006, 03:33 PM
this one came up last year, technically its meant to be path side of the bike but who gives a stuff. fatbloke has his in his pocket i think. Mine is hidden under the frame on the same bolt hole as the horn. It is on the bike but you have to hunt for it.

Duncan
15-04-2006, 06:05 PM
It is supposed to be on the left hand side of the vehicle forward of the rider.

The oil cooler mounts might be a good place. Mines on the headlight mounting.

Pedro
15-04-2006, 06:07 PM
Got mine on the left hand exhaust bolt, easy to see

Ped

Pugi
15-04-2006, 06:20 PM
In front of the rider too? *sigh* Oil cooler sounds like an idea though...I'll have a look.
I only have an exhaust on the L/H side Ped...

nealenet
15-04-2006, 09:55 PM
I struggled with this one for ages. And some might say that on an S4R it doesn't mattter as it is such a visual shambles anyway. ( not a view I subcribe to) On my M900 it put it on the brake caliber but never liked it. On a BMW R1100S I had one of those magnetic holders that sticks to the screen. Which looked great untill it blew away on the M40. Now I found a stylish aluminium holder and put it on the headlight mount. Thoughtfuly DVLA have made this years disk in blue which blends in with my bike nicely.

Simon

fatbloke
15-04-2006, 09:56 PM
mines still in my wallet

Pedro
15-04-2006, 10:13 PM
mines still in my wallet

Mind the moths don't eat it!

:chuckle:

DesmoDog
16-04-2006, 08:12 AM
exhaust hanger, really not a good idea to put it on the caliper mount.

Pugi
16-04-2006, 08:28 AM
exhaust hanger, really not a good idea to put it on the caliper mount.

Having a 2nd taught, and you're absolutely right. It's not going back there again. Having it there means the caliper is crookedly mounted. Booo :thumbsdown:

Spike
16-04-2006, 09:16 AM
Got mine on the rear hugger mount that's the advantage of the older 900's ;)

Paranoid Dave
16-04-2006, 09:20 AM
problem i have is i removed the rear of the frame so have no bolts left there to use, different headlights and cowl mean i can't use the bracket there, i have rearsets so i cant use the footpeg bolts. Other than the caliper bolt which i was warned off i think i'm using the only available bolt left on the bike.

DesmoDog
16-04-2006, 09:23 AM
You could always gaffa tape it to the tank. Stylish.

Pugi
16-04-2006, 02:08 PM
Gonna see what it looks like on the oil cooler, if crap I'll probably put it on the exhaust mount anyway...R/H side will have to do.

MilesB
17-04-2006, 07:37 PM
It is supposed to be on the left hand side of the vehicle forward of the rider.
Didn't know that... still don't;)
Mines on the LHS exhaust hanger - it ain't in the way there, and that is where it is staying.

On the scoot it's on one of the front mudguard bolts - there not being many bolts on a scooter:o

STIVH
17-04-2006, 08:23 PM
I have a similiar problem as my disc is hanging from the light bracket and really ugly.....yuk! My thoughts are to get it laminated and then cut it into an oblong shape about 4" by 6" and then wrap around the frame on the front left side and join with some double sided tape. On it and out of the way me thinks?