PDA

View Full Version : Weekender Countdown Clock

Plum
14-04-2006, 11:15 PM
Well i know its a bit late, but i had 5 mins and thought 'bugger it'

So here is the Official Unofficial UKMOC 2006 Weekender Countdown Clock (http://www.houguez.net)

If you want your piccie on the site you can email it to the link provided at the site.

So gutted i am not going this year!

P

scrapps
15-04-2006, 09:12 AM
Cool like the clock, 1st time to weekender and looking forward to it.:booze:

Nonnie
15-04-2006, 09:26 AM
Bluddy hell is it really only 12 days left? Jeez I must sort out a babysitter....

Note to self DO NOT LEAVE CHILDREN HOME ALONE

Pedro
15-04-2006, 09:29 AM
Come on Plum, you missed the word "seconds" out....

Just coz yer not coming over, doesn't mean you can do a flaky job on the clock.... :chuckle:

Ped

Plum
15-04-2006, 03:03 PM
Come on Plum, you missed the word "seconds" out....

Just coz yer not coming over, doesn't mean you can do a flaky job on the clock.... :chuckle:

Ped

Small oversight on my part Ped....must be something to do with the copious amounts of alcohol consumed last night.

Why do i even care.............i am not coming

ricky
20-04-2006, 02:41 PM
Well i know its a bit late, but i had 5 mins and thought 'bugger it'

So here is the Official Unofficial UKMOC 2006 Weekender Countdown Clock (http://www.houguez.net)

If you want your piccie on the site you can email it to the link provided at the site.

So gutted i am not going this year!

P
Jesus only a week to go!! im quite lookin forard to it!!! :drunk: Was just checkin my route from RAC road planner, whats the craic with the toll (mersey tunnel and m6)? do bikes pay and how much is it?

claicerrig
20-04-2006, 03:25 PM
Which way you Going Rickey ?

ricky
20-04-2006, 03:29 PM
ERR emmm, im gettin a big boat thing from belfast to liverpool overnight (27th) then from liverpool M62 M6 M42 then the A435! As easy as that!! lol!:scratch:

MilesB
20-04-2006, 03:49 PM
Was just checkin my route from RAC road planner, whats the craic with the toll (mersey tunnel and m6)? do bikes pay and how much is it?
Mersey Tunnel(s) are free for bikes - just make sure you use the right one, otherwise you end up in a housing estate and not the on the motorway:toilet:

M6 Toll road is separate to the M6 itself - and if you are OK at filtering then I'd stick to the old M6, then get off onto the M5 and go west of Brum, to come off at Bromsgrove.
If you do go on the M6 Toll, then I think a bike pays about 2/3rds the amount that a car does - which sounds like a total rip off to me... I'm sure someone more local will confirm or deny:rolleyes:

That's a tedious journey, but if you don't know the way then it is fairly safe.

See ya there, Miles

claicerrig
20-04-2006, 04:35 PM
Ok where is the ferry docking Birkinhead or Liverpool .
Because this can make a big diffrence into which way you go to get to the M6

If its Birkinhead you would be better off going down the M53 following the signs for the m56 .The M53 merges with the M56 and then its about 20 miles on to the M6 interchange going South.
This way you dont need to go through the tunnels and drive across the city of Liverpool to get to the M62

( Miles is instructions are bang on which ever way you go .My prefrence would be M6 toll its less strain than filtering and its quiter but the cops do patrol it often and have camera gunsites set up just before the toll plazas so beware !!!!!!!!)

Hope this helps and does not confuse you too much or Pm Br1an hes a Taxi driving Monster owner from the liverpool area he might give you more sage advice than me

Dave

ricky
20-04-2006, 06:42 PM
Ok where is the ferry docking Birkinhead or Liverpool .
Because this can make a big diffrence into which way you go to get to the M6

If its Birkinhead you would be better off going down the M53 following the signs for the m56 .The M53 merges with the M56 and then its about 20 miles on to the M6 interchange going South.
This way you dont need to go through the tunnels and drive across the city of Liverpool to get to the M62

( Miles is instructions are bang on which ever way you go .My prefrence would be M6 toll its less strain than filtering and its quiter but the cops do patrol it often and have camera gunsites set up just before the toll plazas so beware !!!!!!!!)

Hope this helps and does not confuse you too much or Pm Br1an hes a Taxi driving Monster owner from the liverpool area he might give you more sage advice than me

Dave
Thanks!! i think ill just set my GPS to south and go as fast as i can and stop every hour to ask someone the way!! :D

slob
20-04-2006, 07:22 PM
}
else
document.forms.count.count2.value="Only "+dday+ " days, "+dhour+" hours, "+dmin+" minutes and "+dsec+" seconds to go until the "+before
setTimeout("countdown(theyear,themonth,theday)",1000)
}

Elmo
23-04-2006, 07:04 AM
Its £2.50 for bikes on M6 toll

ricky
23-04-2006, 12:17 PM
mmm i wonder if could claim that back from work? cheers

Mand
23-04-2006, 04:44 PM
mmm i wonder if could claim that back from work? cheers

Possibly if you get a receipt?
:biggrin:

I am so excited that is only less than a week away!!!!!!
Hyper Mand

gary tompkins
23-04-2006, 11:21 PM

Jeezus wept - that's gone up a lot!!!

I think it only cost me a £1.00 each way last time I used it on the monster :grump:

Julie
24-04-2006, 06:17 AM
I paid £7 for a car and bike trailer last time i went on it. Grrrrrrr Grrrrrrrr

MilesB
24-04-2006, 08:18 AM
Jeezus wept - that's gone up a lot!!!

I think it only cost me a £1.00 each way last time I used it on the monster :grump:
I seem to remember that when it first opened they had a 'Special offer' which reduced everyone's toll by £1.00, so at first, bikes were £2.00 - £1.00 = £1.00 (cars were reduced from £3 to £2).

I think that lasted about 6 months or so, then the 'Offer' was dropped - increasing the rate paid by bikes from 50% of the car rate to 66% of the car rate - which is a dibolical liberty :devil: as bikes (a) don't cause any congestion, and (b) don't cause any wear on the road either.

They've obviously put the prices up again...

This is why I suggested Ricky followed the Real M6 - appart from the fact that the M6 toll takes you too far east.

ricky
24-04-2006, 08:29 AM
I seem to remember that when it first opened they had a 'Special offer' which reduced everyone's toll by £1.00, so at first, bikes were £2.00 - £1.00 = £1.00 (cars were reduced from £3 to £2).

I think that lasted about 6 months or so, then the 'Offer' was dropped - increasing the rate paid by bikes from 50% of the car rate to 66% of the car rate - which is a dibolical liberty :devil: as bikes (a) don't cause any congestion, and (b) don't cause any wear on the road either.

They've obviously put the prices up again...

This is why I suggested Ricky followed the Real M6 - appart from the fact that the M6 toll takes you too far east.
Well i'll let you lot find the best route for me!! :p ive just packed my panniers for 3 days at work then i come home, re pack them on thursday for the weekender :thumbsup: :didge:

ricky
24-04-2006, 07:04 PM
Everybody keep there receipts!! juat found out i can claim for petrol, tolls and food for the drive there and back!!! the cokes are on me!!:mand:

Plum
24-04-2006, 08:17 PM
Sorry about the delay in changing pics and correcting the site, but i have been tied up with some other commitments.

Anyway, new piccie up and this will make you go 'Ahhhhhh!!!'

Cheers

P