PDA

View Full Version : Rattle! Rattle Rattle!

madhatter
14-04-2006, 06:34 PM
The rain stopped and the sun came out at last! So I finally managed to do the open clutch conversion with all the bits that I bought over Christmas.

It looks great with the Red Wheels and sounds just as a Ducati should....rattle! rattle! rattle! Please let the weather hold so I can give her another blast tomorrow, before Easter Sunday and the next gargantuan family feast! Small restricted photos attached.:thumbsup:

benson
14-04-2006, 06:39 PM
looks good madhatter - we can hear you coming now too!!!

madhatter
14-04-2006, 06:48 PM
looks good madhatter - we can hear you coming now too!!!

What! Above the open Sils? :eek:

Orfink69
14-04-2006, 06:55 PM
Looks good to me :thumbsup: .... welcome to the club :yoparty:

madhatter
14-04-2006, 06:59 PM
Looks good to me :thumbsup: .... welcome to the club :yoparty:

Cheers Chap! Always wanted one of these from when I saw one at my first UKMOC Meet! However, the wet clutch on the 750 monster always made it a bit tricky! Dead pleased with the look and the sound of the clutch now, it just finishes off the right-hand-side of the bike......now to find a really loud horn, maybe off a WWII U-Boat!:D

Albie
What! Above the open Sils? :eek:
Yeah probs. Mines pretty noisey over termis. Looks good. Said it weren't hard.:D

eonan
Aw...that looks tops mate :thumbsup: Damn my wet clutch :twak:

Pedro
14-04-2006, 07:01 PM
Just refitted my half-cut cover and spun the motor up. Now, I wear ear plugs when I ride normally but feck me it's loud without them in a confined garage!! Open clutch and open pipes, excellent!!

Ped

madhatter
14-04-2006, 07:03 PM
Yeah probs. Mines pretty noisey over termis. Looks good. Said it weren't hard.:D

Whole thing was done in less than 30 minutes, just itching to take it for a ride now!

Aw...that looks tops mate :thumbsup: Damn my wet clutch :twak:

See my statement above about my old 750, keep it in mind when you order your S4RS Eonan!

madhatter
14-04-2006, 07:06 PM
Just refitted my half-cut cover and spun the motor up. Now, I wear ear plugs when I ride normally but feck me it's loud without them in a confined garage!! Open clutch and open pipes, excellent!!

Ped

Not only can I still blow-over old ladies with my Sils as I thunder through town, but now I can shatter their glasses with the utrasonics of my rattling clutch! :fiery:

Pedro
14-04-2006, 07:12 PM
Not only can I still blow-over old ladies with my Sils as I thunder through town, but now I can shatter their glasses with the utrasonics of my rattling clutch! :fiery:

Cool isn't it! Car alarms also feature whe I pass...!!

Wait till you have 20,000 miles on the clutch basket, then it's really loud... or better still get a 916SPS basket, made of alloy, rings like a bell!

Ped

emily's driver
14-04-2006, 08:19 PM
Madhatter, are you auditioning for the part of Capt. Jack Sparrow's dad in Pirates of the Caribbean II, by any chance

Pedro
14-04-2006, 08:34 PM
Madhatter, are you auditioning for the part of Capt. Jack Sparrow's dad in Pirates of the Caribbean II, by any chance

Or perhaps his slightly fatter brother?

:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Pugi
14-04-2006, 09:51 PM
I want one too....but I have one of those wet 750 clutches as mentioned. :cry:

Paranoid Dave
14-04-2006, 10:08 PM

Or perhaps his slightly fatter brother?

It does look like that eh, only the fatter one looks a bit more camp if you ask me :D

madhatter
15-04-2006, 06:18 PM
Hmmmmm......Is someone trying to tell me something?

Nah, Nah, Nah....and really bad eggs!

madhatter
15-04-2006, 06:20 PM
It does look like that eh, only the fatter one looks a bit more camp if you ask me :D

Except I've got less lip-gloss on than you are wearing in your Avatar, Dave. :D

Shauns4
15-04-2006, 08:17 PM

Just up and running with new basket c/w titanium inserts + sinter plates, clutch is still rattly, just a lower tone!

madhatter
15-04-2006, 08:31 PM
Just up and running with new basket c/w titanium inserts + sinter plates, clutch is still rattly, just a lower tone!

Looks good!!....MRRCC...(Monster Red Rattling Clutch Club)..:D

Pedro
15-04-2006, 08:41 PM
See mine here

http://ukmonster.co.uk/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=60&cat=500&ppuser=587

madhatter
15-04-2006, 08:49 PM
See mine here....

Oh! So now the "Anti-Camp,Fat,Pirate" Militia, wants me to look at his Clutch! :D

Looks good Ped! I wonder how many of us it would take to rattle down the average three-bed semi? :thumbsup:

You will always remember this day, as the day......