PDA

View Full Version : Slow Service

nick40
14-04-2006, 08:32 AM
Hi Folks, Just wondered if any of you can beat my contender for slowest mechanic in the UK.

My bike went away to have a dynojet kit fitted, 7 weeks ago.......................

Great mechanic, slow as ****!

Pedro
14-04-2006, 08:56 AM
Blimey, it only takes a couple of hours tops to fit a Dynojet kit!!

Ped

gary tompkins
14-04-2006, 09:20 AM
I agree with Pedro. When I had the 600 monster kitted it took just 3 hours including 2 runs on the dyno!

fatbloke
14-04-2006, 10:05 AM
Hi Folks, Just wondered if any of you can beat my contender for slowest mechanic in the UK.

My bike went away to have a dynojet kit fitted, 7 weeks ago.......................

Great mechanic, slow as ****!

not even close Grunters been waiting for his bike for over 2 years
(I'm not joking) Viv at Vtech. can anyone beat this

CK & AK
14-04-2006, 10:17 AM
not even close Grunters been waiting for his bike for over 2 years
(I'm not joking) Viv at Vtech. can anyone beat this

no, cos either AK does it here at home, or we go to someone who IS reliable. I think anyone accepts that some jobs/people can run over time occasionally but when some are known to take an excessively long time to complete a job however good they are, there will always be somebody else who can meet your requirements somewhere.
We do our own engine work & lots of other stuff at home, but otherwise for the 'extras' we would only go to:

Nelly @ Cornerspeed for Ducati stuff (yes, its still worth travelling to him from Surrey)
Mark @ MHP for zaust & engineering work (just need to keep on top of him for time scales, and its handy we are local to do that)
Wraysbury Tyres for our rubber needs ;) as Steve is sooooo good
Nine Lives in Farnborough for leather work (zips/repairs etc)
Buttons at West End, Chobham for leather boot sorting (saddlers)

AK & I have a bit of a list of good people we just wont use anymore due to their timescale estimates being extreme to say the least......

Grunt needs to crack a whip methinks FB :)

fatbloke
14-04-2006, 10:20 AM
Grunt needs to crack a whip methinks FB :)

or his skull!

emily's driver
14-04-2006, 10:54 AM
It does seem excessive to have to wait that long. I have heard of similar horror stories but these were largely due to the impending demise of the business as opposed to a lax approach to getting the job done within a reasonable time. You could quite easily argue that very point. That it is unacceptable to be kept waiting that long and ask the dealer to explain exactly and in no uncertain times how they can justify them needing to keep your bike in for such a protracted period. I think anyone who is forced to sit it out that long, has every right to go and kick some butts and start seeing some progress, apologies, recognition of your patience etc.

As the customer, you have the right to force the issue.