PDA

View Full Version : Part Finder Service

eonan
13-04-2006, 12:51 PM
You probably all know about this, but me being new to this malarky I only just found out about it.

You call them up, tell them the part you want, and they fax over 200 breakers with your request. Any that have the part then contact you with a price...simple as that.

The company that does the faxing get their money from the phone call that you make to them...it's £1.50 a minute, but the call only lasts a couple of minutes at most :thumbsup:

It's that front wheel I'm still looking for...I'll let you know how I get on.

Paranoid Dave
13-04-2006, 02:38 PM
i've used some in the past but usually its free if you do it on line. I know some companies on the list don't give two hoots so ignore the messages so getting a reply was a bit hit and miss. My best results were from calling breakers direct and asking them. DO NOT CALL NASH MILLS as they are rip off merchants but there are some good guys out there. The first time i ever used the service you speak of though i called and asked for a seat cowl, i got literally ONE reply - from SPARESHACK. :D
Sometimes it pays to stick to the names you know eh.

eonan
13-04-2006, 02:57 PM
Hmm...well this was kind of my last resort...so fingers crossed :spin:

fordy
14-04-2006, 05:18 PM
can you guys tell me the phone number & email adress as i need to do some searching of my own!!
Cheers

Pugi
14-04-2006, 05:41 PM
i've used some in the past but usually its free if you do it on line.

Where do I go to do that then?
Pretty please?

eonan
14-04-2006, 06:02 PM
Don't know about online, but the number is 09060 300 100 :thumbsup:

retskcid
13-02-2008, 05:36 AM
I emailed Spareshack and they replied that they only supply catologue products - aftermarket parts.

jerry
13-02-2008, 01:39 PM
spares finders in my experience a waste of time ,space and money...scammers all

jerry

banditloon
13-02-2008, 01:58 PM
spares finders in my experience a waste of time ,space and money...scammers all

jerry

:thumbsup:

Some are good, some are con artists. My mate here in sunny 'ayes contacted a part finder service, ordered a bumper and bonnet for his car, wrong bumper turned up, bonnet never arrived, scrap yard people pocketed the money... Lovely.

Best way I found spares, do a google for Bike Breakers, then phone them yourself :thumbsup:

moor-ph0
13-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Hi Neill,
Different subject - have you ordered your 848 yet ?

Geoff