PDA

View Full Version : gt 1000

S4Rs-Tone
12-04-2006, 06:14 PM
mcn says the gt 1000 has no waiting list i wonder why?(hint of sarcasm)

bigredduke
12-04-2006, 06:26 PM

I remember the 860GT and that was the most hideous bike Ducati (or probably anyone else) ever produced especially in metallic orange

emily's driver
12-04-2006, 09:16 PM

Yes well...for once MCN print something factual. It's not that it's ugly, it just that it looks so bland. At nearly seven grand, that's a lot for a bike that does little to stir the emotion. Then again, it's a bit more palatable in red. Saying that, I hope for Ducati's sake it sells like hotcakes as they can't afford another 999 fiasco of languishing sales figures and heavily discounted new models, as that does nothing to bolster the brand image as a whole.

I loved the Sports Classic 1000 I rode a fortnight ago, and I am sure the Paul Smart replica is as much fun to throw around, but the GT leaves me cold. That's my opinion and for those who have taken a shine to it....then good. Ducati can only stomach so many styling flops in any one given period and the 999 has been an expensive exercise in trying to emulate Tamburini's skill as a designer. Ironically the Multistrada sells well in both the UK and European markets and is from what friends have told me, great fun to ride, despite the harsh comments from it's critics when it was unveiled a couple of years ago.

Makes a change to read an article that does not consist of pictures compiled by bored individuals using photo shop and a healthy dose of speculative crap!

Paranoid Dave
12-04-2006, 10:01 PM
It really is a dull looking bike, but if you don't get the red then your only choice is a nasty shade of greeny grey. It has a fat seat and a bulky styling. It's not classic enough to be classic and not modern enough to be modern, what's worse is it is probably made of badly painted/coated parts that will make it look even worse after a year on the road.
Look out for some heavy price reduction offers on it soon.

STIVH
12-04-2006, 10:10 PM
However, hopefully once they start being sold off dirt cheap and with a little imagination as shown with this old 860 GT they can be turned into a bit of a swan and no doubt make someone happy.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ducati-860GT-Hailwood-bodywork_W0QQitemZ4628406168QQcategoryZ102683QQcmd ZViewItem

claicerrig
13-04-2006, 09:24 PM
[QUOTE=emily's driver]
Ironically the Multistrada sells well in both the UK and European markets and is from what friends have told me, great fun to ride, despite the harsh comments from it's critics when it was unveiled a couple of years ago.

QUOTE]

All i can say is ask the people who were at the Donninton Trackday last October :D :D :D

If the Hypermoto is as good it just might lure me into getting one ;)

Redkite2
13-04-2006, 09:32 PM
Those Italians, they think of everything don't they - love the combined racing seat and pizza delivery box. :p