PDA

View Full Version : Practical kit..

Redkite2
11-04-2006, 06:35 PM
Today I ordered an S2R in black (white stripe\wheels) been walking around with a huge grin on my face all day :spin:

Now I need to get some practical things sorted (hugger, bungs, osco oiler) and also how to carry a lock with no luggage space. Was wondering if there's a good place to attach one of these holders for an Abus disk lock so that it's not too prominent: see here; http://www.abus.nl/us/main.asp?ScreenLang=us&select=0105b06&artikel=4003318123726

Anyone use one?
Also the dealer showed me the 'tool kit' . How do you guys adjust the chain and what spanner do I need to get hold of to do it?
Cheers, Stu

Gilps
11-04-2006, 08:44 PM
Also the dealer showed me the 'tool kit' . How do you guys adjust the chain and what spanner do I need to get hold of to do it?
Cheers, Stu
I bought a spanner type thing off ebay from USA. Quite good. Haven't seen one advertised for a while but there are several others, here's one:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Chain-Adjusting-Tool-Ducati-Monster-S4R-S2R_W0QQitemZ8055108343QQcategoryZ10448QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem
Others on here have bought 996 toolkits off ebay for similar money. that way you get a toolkit and C spanner for the same price as i paid just for the spanner. Just don't overtighten the spindle locking nuts. you are supposed to use a torque wrench but i have a technique which avoids one. use a felt tip pen and put a mark on the nut and the swing arm and just tighten the nut up until the marks line up again. i know its not exactly scientific but then some torque wrenches have +-15% degree of accuracy.
I ditched the toolkit and use the space for something else. You could probably fit a disklock in the space.
Oh, and I hope you enjoy your new bike. Theres nothing like the feeling of picking up a new one.

Chaos Inc.
12-04-2006, 08:11 AM
Crash bungs: R&G part no CP0097BL
Oh yes, just in case I forgot an important first accesory: Crash bungs: R&G part no CP0097BL
Enjoy yer bike:thumbsup:

dave 955
12-04-2006, 12:16 PM
i had a triumph 955i before which had the single sider on and in the tool kit was a large c spanner and an small extention tube as both pieces were small enough to fit in the tool kit
when i got the s4r i used the spanner from the triumph the sold the bike and had a large one cut at work.
i suppose if you know someone with a triumph single sider may be u can share :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
thanks daver

Dave G
13-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Dont bother with ebay. Buy a 916 toolkit from a ducati dealer,£13 and its got a c-spanner,maybe not the best one you can get ,but more than adequate for the job in hand.

Redkite2
13-04-2006, 08:45 PM
Cheers for the tips :thumbsup:
Another (newbie!) question: I can't find a clear picture of R&G bungs fitted to an S2R. Am I right in thinking they fit to\through the frame? I don't want bungs mounted on the engine. Presumably the part nr mentioned above is suitable for any type of Monster?
Stu

slob
13-04-2006, 09:47 PM
Cheers for the tips :thumbsup:
Another (newbie!) question: I can't find a clear picture of R&G bungs fitted to an S2R. Am I right in thinking they fit to\through the frame? I don't want bungs mounted on the engine. Presumably the part nr mentioned above is suitable for any type of Monster?
Stu
They go on a bar that repaces the engine mounting bolt, between the cylinder bases.

Dave G
14-04-2006, 06:09 AM
I was going to post a picture of the r&G crash bungs on my S2R, but at 43kb's the system tells me the picture is too big.
So. just imagine!

Dave G
14-04-2006, 07:06 AM
http://www.ducati-upnorth.com/archivef/SMLapr06/page_21.php

Heres a couple of pics on here,mine is the only monster but the crash bungs are clearly visible.

Toolkit pics
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=8800&d=1139241276
and previous discussion
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=15674&highlight=toolkit

Redkite2
14-04-2006, 05:10 PM
Oooh, that toolkit looks a bit more usefull :thumbsup:
Thanks for the piccies of the bungs too.

The engine needs to be well supported when fitting the bungs, I think, so it can't drop out of alignment?

Once again thanks for all the help. All I need now is me new bike !
:spin:

slob
14-04-2006, 06:59 PM
Oooh, that toolkit looks a bit more usefull :thumbsup:
Thanks for the piccies of the bungs too.

The engine needs to be well supported when fitting the bungs, I think, so it can't drop out of alignment?

Once again thanks for all the help. All I need now is me new bike !
:spin:

Not had a problem with that, just push out the engine mounting bolt with the replacement bar, taking care not to damage the threads or strike any of the nylon bung material.

Redkite2
15-04-2006, 01:27 PM
That sounds quite an easy job then :thumbsup:

(is it just me or is the 'thumbsup' smiley really ironing the side of his head?)

News from the dealer, my S2R should arrive at the dealers tues\wed so may have it for next weekend :spin:

update: R&Gs' on order now :thumbsup: