PDA

View Full Version : Torque Settings

MilesB
10-04-2006, 03:37 PM
Managed to change the Oil on the M900ie over the weekend, using the instructions from Ducati Suite...
...where do I get the Torque settings for the drain plugs, etc? :confused: - it suggests the Ducati Web site, but I cant find this info on there.

Anyone got a workshop manual for an M900ie with the info?

By the way, when I accessed the filter screen (which was a pain, as the 'bolt' was 0.5mm out on all my sockets :Furious: ) I found there was no screen... is this standard on my bike, or is something missing :scratch: .

eonan
10-04-2006, 03:53 PM
Hi mate...its 40 - 44 Nm (Haynes) :thumbsup:

Shauns4
10-04-2006, 07:43 PM
By the way, when I accessed the filter screen (which was a pain, as the 'bolt' was 0.5mm out on all my sockets :Furious: ) I found there was no screen... is this standard on my bike, or is something missing :scratch: .

if its the same as the M1000 you need to remove the second hex plug, the screen is attached to this.

slob
10-04-2006, 07:59 PM
Factory manual for 620ie:
Mesh filter duct plug. 20Nm +/- 10% (Lock 5/Three Bond 1375B)
Oil Mesh Filter. 42Nm +/- 10%

MilesB
11-04-2006, 02:50 PM
if its the same as the M1000 you need to remove the second hex plug, the screen is attached to this.
What second hex plug :scratch: I didn't see one, just a deep hole with oil entry and exit points - just seemed to be a housing for oil temp gauge sensor.

Is something missing :on:

Too late anyway - oil is in, and it ain't coming out again.

MilesB
11-04-2006, 02:51 PM
Factory manual for 620ie:
Mesh filter duct plug. 20Nm +/- 10% (Lock 5/Three Bond 1375B)
Oil Mesh Filter. 42Nm +/- 10%
Rob

Torque setting for drain plug?

Where did you get your factory manual ?

Miles

slob
11-04-2006, 04:05 PM
Rob

Torque setting for drain plug?

Where did you get your factory manual ?

Miles
As the man said, definitely should be an allen key fitting on the end of the Gauze filter once the cap's off!
Drain plug also 44Nm +/-10%.
Factory manual was about £35 from DLS(without binder).

Shauns4
11-04-2006, 08:08 PM

you need to remove the large outer hex plug and then the inner, can't remember the hex key size but its around 17 mm or so, outside the range of most peoples set of allen keys.

see pic

MilesB
11-04-2006, 08:55 PM
you need to remove the large outer hex plug and then the inner, can't remember the hex key size but its around 17 mm or so, outside the range of most peoples set of allen keys.
see pic
Your pic don't match my bike... I have a lead attached to the hex nut - and the oil filter is vertical not angled. Definately no inner alan socket. :scratch:

Shauns4
11-04-2006, 09:08 PM
Your pic don't match my bike... I have a lead attached to the hex nut - and the oil filter is vertical not angled. Definately no inner alan socket. :scratch:

the lead is for the oil temp sensor fitted to the air cooled engines, are you sure you have removed the hex plug and not just the sensor which the lead is attached to?

slob
12-04-2006, 08:18 AM
Sounds as though it may have been left out, can you see the thread it should screw into in the casing?

MilesB
12-04-2006, 08:43 AM
the lead is for the oil temp sensor fitted to the air cooled engines, are you sure you have removed the hex plug and not just the sensor which the lead is attached to?
I removed the whole large diameter plug, which includes the oil sensor within it - item 3 on slob's picture. Also found washer - item 5.

Sounds as though it may have been left out, can you see the thread it should screw into in the casing?
Can't see anything now :look: , as it all went back together and the oil went in on Sunday. Only wanted to check the Torque settings for the bolts.
My 'in house';) Chartered Mechanical Engineer reckoned it would be OK, so who am I to argue.

Must get a workshop manual before I do anything else...