PDA

View Full Version : Tempted by another mistress

nealenet
09-04-2006, 09:14 PM
Anyone else ridden the new Triumph speed tripple? I had a spin the other day in the warm spring sunshine and absolutely loved it. It felt a bit strange sitting all the way up high like riding a big trail bike. Im 5ft 11 and could only just get both feet on the ground. I love the easy nature of the engine especially round town. The low speed handling is terrific and inspires confidence right from the get go. Obviously the real power is found at higher revs and I did find my self constantly hooking up for another gear because I was fooled by the engine note (unused to wailing high revs) But the engine pulls cleanly in top from just about walking pace. The monster felt tiny and agricultural in comparison.

But I still can't make my mind up about the styling. From some angles it looks great but from others it looks like a crashed daytona. Oh and the handle bars look really cheap. and theres no decent fairing.

Still want one though.

eonan
09-04-2006, 09:43 PM
Yep...I absolutely love it! I like the look and I like the way she rides - I'm 6ft 4 and quite a bit of my journey is through town. I'd love to have the chance of owning one. I've only had an hour on one, but I loved it!

I'm also desperate to see the Yamaha MT-OS put into production...

http://www.diseno-art.com/encyclopedia/concept_cars/yamaha_mt-0s.html

Yorkie
09-04-2006, 09:56 PM
See this months Streetfighter magazine, for the Yammy. They aint building it, however they have tricked up the original one!!

Yorkie.

madhatter
10-04-2006, 11:56 AM
Speed Triple 1050....absolutely bleedin mental bike! I loved every minute of my test ride, chasing a Daytona at very highly illegal speeds. Wish I had the money to park one next to my S4!